Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At least it was a good distribution, nothing at 5 :D
    Yeah my 10/0/1 Phoenix is looking with sad eyes at my level 275 Teen Jean.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    I have one minor gripe, my Vulture is at level 279, so I miss out on the double bonus of LT already received at lv 280 plus retroactive Peter Parker cover.  Sucks
    My vulture is at 278.

As for whether anything sucks ... take this to the conclusion. Does it suck that you didn't already have LTs from levels 300, 320, 340, 350, 360? Does is suck you didn't have multiple maxchamped copies of these toons? (Well, of course it does, harhar).

You can't lose what you never had. I will gladly take the Parker covers when Vulture gets around to coughing them up, esp since Parker absconded to Classics leaving me only 10 covers on the roster. 

At least it was a good distribution, nothing at 5 :D
     My 5/6/0 (well, 5/5/1 after a swap) doesn't like you. :tongue:
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did this happen already I have a 280 vulture and I didn't get a cover
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is great!  And well executed MPQ... I'm impressed.  In previous cover changes you just made the change and people who already passed the milestones just didn't get the new hotness.  Giving retro-active covers on not just a change, but really, an upgrade, is quite wise, and pre-defuses the torches and pitchforks.

So let's see:

• Vulture > Peter Parker:  My Vulture is not champed, so this won't help me yet, but my 1/4/2 Parker looks forward to getting more covers eventually.
    • Medusa > Black Bolt:  My Champ Level 317 Medusa will immediately grant me a green and black cover for my 3/0/5 BB - My first (finally!) black cover!  Yay! 
    • Gamora > Thanos:  My Champ Level 289 Gamora will immediately improve my Champ Level 451 Thanos to 452.  Yay free champ covers!

Great news all around.  I literally see no downside.  Thank you for that.  Oh wait!  I see the trap now... When my Medusa gets to 320 (just three more champ levels from now), I'll get an unneeded yellow BB cover that will mostly likely be sold for a tuppence worth of ISO.  Any chance of Support swapping that 6th Yellow for another Black?  Heh.    Pwetty Pweeeesee!!!

;)

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have leveled my 279 Vulture to 282 after opening LTs to get 5* Thor and received a LT for level 280 Vulture.  This seems to have been after Peter Parker was announced in the splash screen as being added to to the Vulture rewards.  Just wondering if I will still receive a retroactive Peter Parker cover.

EDIT: thought I should ask @Brigby this.

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You'll need to update.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You have to download the R140 patch. If you haven't done so yet, then nothing will happen even if you've seen the banner announcing it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have leveled my 279 Vulture to 282 after opening LTs to get 5* Thor and received a LT for level 280 Vulture.  This seems to have been after Peter Parker was announced in the splash screen as being added to to the Vulture rewards.  Just wondering if I will still receive a retroactive Peter Parker cover.

Did you guys update the game yet?  If you didn't apply the update, then it won't credit you with anything.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Did you guys update the game yet?  If you didn't apply the update, then it won't credit you with anything.
    Well that is awesome news.  I didn't even realize that that helped me get the LT and the Peter Parker cover :)  Downloading R140 now.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @steve111 said:
    If the 5* cover is unusable (e.g. My black bolt is 515) will customer services change it? @Brigby
    Apologies, but since Black Bolt is a Classic Legends character, Customer Support will unfortunately not be able to provide cover swaps for it
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    If the 5* cover is unusable (e.g. My black bolt is 515) will customer services change it? @Brigby
    Apologies, but since Black Bolt is a Classic Legends character, Customer Support will unfortunately not be able to provide cover swaps for it
    So are you saying if it's a latest legends 5 they will do swaps?

Not that we have that situation yet. I'm just curious.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    So are you saying if it's a latest legends 5 they will do swaps?

Not that we have that situation yet. I'm just curious.
    I’m 100% certain you won’t see a Latest attached to a 4.  Only Classics.  It would be a lot cheaper to whale a 4 with bonus heroes etc to get a Latest vs using CP.

They aren’t giving away the store, just trying to alleviate the insane dilution in the Classic store a little.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    I have one minor gripe, my Vulture is at level 279, so I miss out on the double bonus of LT already received at lv 280 plus retroactive Peter Parker cover.  Sucks
    I'd say that's a small price to pay for avoiding the alternative of "well, if you already got that LT, too bad. No 5*s for you"
    I agree with both you and @aesthetocyst, but since these boards seem to  be for complaining I figured I would contribute to the complaining.  LOL.  I definitely would prefer the 5* than an LT if it were an either/or scenario.  Although one of my first pulls after Thor was added to Latest Vault was a Vulture after I had already updated to R140.  That update may have cost me a double bonus.  Who knows
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I’m 100% certain you won’t see a Latest attached to a 4.  Only Classics.  It would be a lot cheaper to whale a 4 with bonus heroes etc to get a Latest vs using CP.

They aren’t giving away the store, just trying to alleviate the insane dilution in the Classic store a little.
    Certainly not considering they're also backfilling up to 6 covers each time.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
    That's anti-Hellenistic
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm hoping that 5Cap comes from Peggy instead of Sam Wilson, because then I would be able to champ him immediately (vs selling off a cover). I'm also hoping that IM46 comes from Riri instead of IMHB for the same reason... argh.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    Given that this latest move seems intended to push the rate of 5* acquisition, surely it is overdue for some system to be put in place to allow people to not waste extremely rare 5* covers due to the horrors of rng.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    Given that this latest move seems intended to push the rate of 5* acquisition, surely it is overdue for some system to be put in place to allow people to not waste extremely rare 5* covers due to the horrors of rng.
    5*s retroactively given as reward from 4*s should be colourless - RNG is extremely painful in 5*s in general - in Classics, soon we will have less than 1% for one specific colour of 5*, which is more than 2 000.
    I can only imagine how many covers i will waste for my Green Goblin who has 0@Brigby

• Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I love the change, don't see the need for colorless covers. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    Increased availabilty dilutes that pain and eventually erases that problem. Players used to complain a lot about distributions on 3*s and 4*s. You can still get in a jam on those, but it's only a speed bump, not a semi-permanent condition. Hopefully, 5*s will move more in that dir@Brigby

The typical player would need to see availability increase by several orders of magnitude for it to cease being a major concern and it is such a pointless limitation when it is at most 8 covers out of 113 where there colour actually matters, even removing the colour of a cover once you reach 5 in that colour would be a reasonable approach that would still have some rng in how characters were initially built out.