Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Options

Comments

• VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How about next you guys fix the broken pvp mmr? 
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh,and maybe fix the cover pull situation where players are literally pulling 20 to 30 of just 1 color back to back. Think ive pulled blue covers and yellow covers for iceman and invisible woman maybe 20 to 25 times each.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a great update to the reward system.  In addition, it partly addresses the issue of Classic dilution.  I have in the past (along with many others) pointed out that it is almost impossible to start from a low number of covers and expect to cover any 5* in classics.  Now there is a way (or at least hope).  And, the solution is maybe better than simply increasing the 5* draw rate in classics.  Why?  Because Classics are mostly a way to build your 4* roster, due to the low cost (and the fact that you will mostly get 4*s anyway).  So if you increase the 5* rate in Classics, it's a boon to 5* rosters, but a hit to 4* folks who may not want more 5's yet, and would find getting less 4's to be a drawback.  And now, higher level 4's will give those 5* covers anyway.

So, for the foreseeable future, this is a great improvement in the roster development system.

Thank you.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't believe they dropped good news on a Friday...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is awesome!!! And thanks for the early notice, for a change!!! Between my 308 Medusa and my 5/1/5 330 Black Bolt. I have roughly 25 days to save 715 cp and 405k iso to champ him!!! As long as one of those 2 I get are a black cover......
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whoa, I like this!!
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    We need the order of colors! My 5/5/2 Bolt with 300 Medusa are going to cry in a corner if it comes from top to bottom!
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome news i almost forgive you for taking away the wins pvp
    Lets update Jean to give Phoenix covers next please
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a fantastic change! Will rethink my 4* BH now, looking forward to that black Thanos cover. 

Thank you!
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    An awesome change, done in a professional manner, with no signs of greed. Thanks
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is awesome! It's nice to see some distinct pathways into the 5* tier, something not anchored solely to RNG, even if slow and spaced out.

Personally, it's extra awesome, because as I close in on champing the last 4*s (down to... 12 or so now?), I find myself using my 4* bonus hero slot to hunt new characters (like Nightcrawler, for now), and then not sure where to place it once that new character is fully covered (I like leveling characters kinda evenly, so I've been using BH on my lowest leveled 4*s, which then makes me feel like I'm "wasting" BH covers when I pull an IW or an XFW...). Knowing, right now, that I can go for Vulture and Gamora, and even though I'd need 20+ covers, knowing that I can slowly pull those while champing the rest of the 4*s, and guarantee that I have another 5* ready to champ when I'm done with those 4*s? That's amazing. Being able to plan for stuff that won't even happen until sometime in February just nails the kind of micromanagement I like to put into a game like this. So the system is awesome, and I just happen to be sitting in the right spot to really capitalize on it.

Though I am curious as to why one character is being rolled out at a time, and why these characters. And then, are there plans to do this to all the 4*s eventually? Makes sense to do some slowly over time so you don't overwhelm people with new 5* covers, but every 4* that goes through this change will be extra desirable. Like, PVP already sees a ton of Gamora and Medusa, and now there's just one more reason to pursue those characters (at the same time, the high number of people that already have them means that the extra people who start pursuing these characters for the 5* covers will only be adding to the current PVP favoritism, rather than tilting it in a new direction, right?)

I could ask half a dozen other questions, but I think most of them could be answered with just waiting to see (partly because we can't predict the future, and even the devs will need to roll things out and gather info before they can start to plan some things).
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OH MY GOD!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hot diggity. Just finished covering Parker, guess I better champ him ASAP.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ooh... My 3/3/5 BB and 320+ Medusa are primed! :smiley:
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Pongie said:
    This is so good and probably the best announcement since champion rewards was introduced! There will be negative feedback from a small number of players who has incomplete blackbolt, Peter Parker and thanos and 5 levels in a particular cover. However, don’t let this be a blocker to further expand this to future updates. 
    I'm one of those players. My 5pidey is 2/5/0, Thano5 is 5/1/4, but I'm only mildly annoyed at best. Sure, I won't have any use for the black Thano5 cover I'll get right away and the green 5pidey cover that will come later, but that's outweighed by the sheer awesomeness of this announcement. 
    I lucked out this time. My black bolt is only a single cover and both thanos and Peter Parker was championed recently. Though my turn will come with oml, phx or im46 gets added. These three already have 5 levels in the first colour and are in desperate need of the second colour (single cover). Third colour is either at level 3 or 4. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talahamut said:
    Ooh... My 3/3/5 BB and 320+ Medusa are primed! :smiley:
    My 3/3/5 BB is feeling good too. Gambit at 5/3/1 feels less so....

OMG, my Spidey is 4/4/4.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah this is awesome, my Black Bolt approves.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest roll out, really happy that the non-hoarders like myself have something to shout about.

Thanks Devs!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can kind of understand not rolling this out for all characters if you're also going to give retroactive awards to people who already have the characters champed to those levels: it'd make things difficult if e.g. they added a new 5* character and the closest 4* already fed into an existing 5*.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I can kind of understand not rolling this out for all characters if you're also going to give retroactive awards to people who already have the characters champed to those levels: it'd make things difficult if e.g. they added a new 5* character and the closest 4* already fed into an existing 5*.
    My guess is because there are so many fewer 5's than 4's, it may be that they have specific 4's they intend to use as feeders (possibly folks who are in the release chute some way off in the future) so they're going to slow-roll linking the Classic 5* with feeders.