Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, there's the reason Vulture hasn't been given out as a reward in forever.

While I enjoy the guaranteed 5* covers, this means 6* tier incoming.
    Oh well.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a solid update. I only have six 4* characters at 280 or above so far, but one day it will help me. It is unclear if all 4* characters will eventually receive this treatment and if more than one character can point to a 5*, but here is my 280-and-above-list and hopes:

1) Captain Marvel   -->   5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI) or 5* Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
    2) Kingpin   -->   5* Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    3) Agent Couson   -->   5* Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    4) Iron Man   -->   5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
    5) Professor X   -->   5* Jean Grey (Phoenix) 
    6) Red Hulk   -->   5* Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    Aside from Kingpin and IMHB, some stretches here. ;) Trying to think who would be most likely to give 5*s without doubling down, though they've never been too bothered with multiple 3*s giving the same 4*.

Silver Surfer - Maybe Carol, but I assume she'll get a 5* around her movie release. So maybe Reed, Sue, or Thing.
    OML - X-Force
    Phoenix - Jean Grey
    BSSM - Venom
    Green Goblin - Sandman
    Iron Man - IMHB
    Captain America - Sam Wilson
    Hulk - GladiHulk
    Black Bolt - Medusa
    Black Widow - Fury
    Strange  - Mordo
    Thanos - Gamora
    Black Panther - No idea. Reed to keep the 3 to 4 to 5* path. Maybe Carol since their both in the Ultimates.
    Hawkeye - Kate Bishop
    Starlord - Starlord
    Doc Ock - Carnage
    SMPP - Vulture
    Gambit - Rogue
    GladiaThor - Lady Thor
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty much the list I'd guess at @STOPTHIS
    Surfer I expect a member of FF; good shout on Reed for Panther.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is insane and a massive change.  I guess they want more people to be in the 5* land.  
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    Black Panther - No idea. Reed to keep the 3 to 4 to 5* path. Maybe Carol since their both in the Ultimates.
    Invisible woman. Weren’t they a couple for a while? Save Reed for when god Doom is released as a 5*
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not only a great change overall but I'm also glad they are rolling this out slowly.

Would've been awful to get dozens of 5* covers at once and then have to sell many of them.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awesome, Black Bolt cover from my lv284 Medusa!
    My Medusa is 283, so I’m due one too :-) Hope it’s green!
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Im on 5 cover vulture 9 cover gamora and 288 medusa so one black bolt for me
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pongie said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    Invisible woman. Weren’t they a couple for a while? Save Reed for when god Doom is released as a 5*
    Not to my knowledge. Sue's had a thing for Namor, though. And he's been clear that he's got a thing for her too. Too bad we don't have him...

I imagine we'll get a 4* for BP's movie (Klaw, Killmonger, T'Challa's guards whose names I can't recall right now, or maybe even T'Chaka) which could be used to feed BP.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you. This is great news.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL said:
    jamesh said:
    I can kind of understand not rolling this out for all characters if you're also going to give retroactive awards to people who already have the characters champed to those levels: it'd make things difficult if e.g. they added a new 5* character and the closest 4* already fed into an existing 5*.
    My guess is because there are so many fewer 5's than 4's, it may be that they have specific 4's they intend to use as feeders (possibly folks who are in the release chute some way off in the future) so they're going to slow-roll linking the Classic 5* with feeders.
    My thought was that we're likely to see more 5* characters that are variants of existing 4* characters.

Lets say they linked Sam Wilson's champion rewards to 5* Captain America, and later released a 5* MCU version of Falcon.  I can't see them giving retroactive 5* Falcon covers to people who had already received 5* Captain America covers.

So they might save these rewards for cases where the link makes sense, rather than just trying to fill in rewards for everyone.
  • Ironpastor75
    Ironpastor75 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Awesome announcement. Can you tell who are going to be the others three 4 stars who are going to receive a 5 Star reward and who is the reward?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Awesome :-)
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only hope that the 1st BB cover given to my champed Medusa will not be a yellow one.....My 0-5-1 Black Bolt would scream his disappointment!

BTW great change. Thank you
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Awesome announcement. Can you tell who are going to be the others three 4 stars who are going to receive a 5 Star reward and who is the reward?
    Probably elektra thoress jean grey x force wolverine kate bishop carnage sandman hulkbuster  winter soldier 
    they didnt say 6 four stars its each of the four stars that gives 5* covers will give 6 5* covers
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
      • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) Champion rewards will be updated to include Thanos (The Man Titan) covers starting on November 

No, @Brigby, you're The Man.

I just had to point that out.  Thanks for the chuckle ;)

This is awesome news!  And please pass along our thanks for the making the 5* rewards retroactive =)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now i am thinking - how many 5*s will we need to sell only because we dont have enough ISO to promote them and use  :D
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is great news! Thank you!