Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Player XP (11/7/17)

Options

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am not getting any XP for recruiting 1* characters.
    I am getting it for training them. Took Iron Man from 5/5/3 to 5/4/4 and back and got XP each time
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just recruiting will only get you XP the first time you do it for that character, as it has always been , and Brigby confirmed.  Only way to earn XP from 1* is to add covers to an existing character.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You won't get XP for recruiting someone you have recruited before, but you get (rather good) XP for training and applying covers. 

• dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    only training will give xp unless it is your first time recruiting them.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OK time for new maths!
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Been hoarding my vine since announcement. Got about 1700xp from it. Not too shabby, I like this change. 
  • Blindman13
    Options
    Did anyone get an in-game popup explaining the new XP rules?  What are players who aren't on the forums going to think when they don;t get XP from completing missions?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phillipes said:
    Hello Dayv, Im not softcapping at all. I do not leveleling my 5*, and have all but 3  4* champed   (rogue, lockjaw, nightcrawler)...
    Well, I hope you right and we wont lost XP in new system.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not certain that we'll all come out fine in the end.  The devs are primarily looking at average cases and common player types, not extremes at one end or the other.  A player playing only as much as they need to for the most useful cover rewards will probably gain, while a player who grinds and grinds and grinds for hours a day will probably lose out.

I also feel that this may increase XP flow for veterans somewhat, while slowing it for newbies, but that feels ok to me -- the new players earn ranks very quickly and that could afford to slow a little, while veterans see them less and less frequently under the old system, unless they're the whale-type that opens 40-packs on a weekly or daily basis.

As with most changes (win-based progression being the most recent example), some players will get less and some will get more, and the ones who find themselves losing out may change their behavior to compensate.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hey can someone start a discussion thread about the new high XP levels and what kind of ISO bonus people over 125 got? I'm curious but since I'm jailed I can't do it myself.

Thanks in advance!  Edit: I meant SR, not XP
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, looks like I assumed too much with this recent patch.  I had hoped today's patch was like the initial patch of the SHIELD xp system which came with a big load of iso for all the levels after the calculation of activities were totaled.  I guess I was hoping the same would happen with the point changes when it comes to leveling up characters.  Oh well, I'm still okay with this change.
  • Blindman13
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Did anyone get an in-game popup explaining the new XP rules?  What are players who aren't on the forums going to think when they don;t get XP from completing missions?
    Just got it in the game.
    Yup, got mine too....odd that it didn't come up at the same time as the data push, but better late than never I suppose.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Might just be random, but I just pulled a TON of bonus hero covers after the update. I think I got 4 Rogue BH covers from, like, 8 LT pulls.
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby Will they recalculate our shield rank by analysing our roster strength in regards to characters rostered and champion levels attained?

• ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, looks like I assumed too much with this recent patch.  I had hoped today's patch was like the initial patch of the SHIELD xp system which came with a big load of iso for all the levels after the calculation of activities were totaled.  I guess I was hoping the same would happen with the point changes when it comes to leveling up characters.  Oh well, I'm still okay with this change.
    You'll get a "settlement" if you were already past rank 125. If not, you'll continue accumulating and ranking, only now per the new triggers and values.
    Huh, that does make a lot more sense than what I had in my head.  Thanks for clarifying for me.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just tried rostering multiple 1*s hoping this was fruitful. No XP was given for this. I trained one of them once and did get the 10XP from that. Sell price still at 100 iso. Sounds like 1* farming will not be useful and still just selling without rostering is still best?

Any alternate experiences/opinions? I don't have time for the maths, but I can't imagine the 120 XP gained by adding 12 covers to the 1* and then selling would be worth the 1200 iso loss. I don't imagine that is made up by getting 120XP closer to the next 
    SCL level. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    I just tried rostering multiple 1*s hoping this was fruitful. No XP was given for this. I trained one of them once and did get the 10XP from that. Sell price still at 100 iso. Sounds like 1* farming will not be useful and still just selling without rostering is still best?

Any alternate experiences/opinions? I don't have time for the maths, but I can't imagine the 120 XP gained by adding 12 covers to the 1* and then selling would be worth the 1200 iso loss. I don't imagine that is made up by getting 120XP closer to the next 
    SCL level. 

As has been explained numerous times now in this thread, you do not get XP from rostering a dupe. You get XP from adding training levels, promoting, and adding champ levels.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did a couple 2*s and found the same.  No XP for rostering but 15 XP for adding covers once they are rostered.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Killians8 said:

SCL level. 
    On the contrary, 1* rostering and selling is more valuable than just selling now (for most players).  As noted several time before in this thread, you can figure out how much iso 1xp is worth by dividing your iso lump sum amount (30k, 40k, 50k etc.) by the xp it takes to fill that level.  So if you need 3500 xp for 45,000 iso then every point of xp is worth 12.85 iso.  If you get 120 xp, that is worth 1,542 iso plus you still get the 100 iso for selling the 1* so 1642 total is a few hundred better than 1300 for just selling 13 covers.  I have the extra HP for slots to do 1* xp farming but it will be a roster by roster choice if it is worth it to an individual player.  
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Killians8 said:

SCL level. 
    On the contrary, 1* rostering and selling is more valuable than just selling now (for most players).  As noted several time before in this thread, you can figure out how much iso 1xp is worth by dividing your iso lump sum amount (30k, 40k, 50k etc.) by the xp it takes to fill that level.  So if you need 3500 xp for 45,000 iso then every point of xp is worth 12.85 iso.  If you get 120 xp, that is worth 1,542 iso plus you still get the 100 iso for selling the 1* so 1642 total is a few hundred better than 1300 for just selling 13 covers.  I have the extra HP for slots to do 1* xp farming but it will be a roster by roster choice if it is worth it to an individual player.  
    Thanks. I was behind 15 pages in this thread. Thanks for finding that needle in the haystack for me.