Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Player XP (11/7/17)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    If they were to give 1*s champ levels then they should first give the ones with 2 abilities a 3rd one and raise max base levels to 50 to even them out.

Would think it would be 2500 iso champ them and probably only 25 levels of champ rewards. Specific 2*s would be fine, but just resources would be fine too. Probably would look something like this:

Level 51: Elite token
    Level 52, 53: 100 iso
    Level 54 250 iso
    Level 55: 25 Hero points
    Level 56-58: 100, 100, 250 iso
    Level 59: 1 command point
    Levels 60-62: 100,100, 250 iso
    Level 63: Elite token
    Levels 64-66: 100,100, 250 iso
    Level 67: 50 Hero points
    Levels 68-69: 100 iso
    Level 70: 500 iso
    Level 71: Elite token
    Level 72: 100 iso
    Level 73: 250 iso
    Level 74: 500 iso
    Level 75: Heroic token
    They'd likely keep CP out of the rewards as we'd be cycling through these rather quickly, plus it's not a resource you want a new player to have easy access to. HP would definitely be minimal too. But I could definitely see Elite tokens (in place of an assigned 2*) and 100-500 ISO.
    In two days Ive ended up with 25 1* on my queue. I think Id cycle through all 1* champs every 10 days or so!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Is it a game anymore? Feels more like an economics class.
    You don't have to play optimally. If you want to treat it as just a game, it's as simple as, ya know, doing that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rule #1 for 1* farming: Do not put iso into 1’s that you will not use.  There is no benefit.  No champ rewards etc.

Just add covers then sell, up to scl 159.  Or not.  It’s up to you...

But don’t waste any iso.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dax317 said:
    smkspy said:
    I use to teach econ at the high school level. Wish I still did because I could use this game as a teaching tool and actually play during class time and have the kids play as well LOL :D
    You're homework tonight, get T10 in the next event so our alliance get's a better rank.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    smkspy said:
    You don't have to play optimally. If you want to treat it as just a game, it's as simple as, ya know, doing that.
    I can treat it as a game?

Mind blown.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I know some are upset about losing XP from playing nodes, but I appreciate that I don’t lose anything if it’s at 0 and I don’t care about the remaining rewards.  It is more optional, which is a good thing when the game seems to be pushing for more grinding.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I know some are upset about losing XP from playing nodes, but I appreciate that I don’t lose anything if it’s at 0 and I don’t care about the remaining rewards.  It is more optional, which is a good thing when the game seems to be pushing for more grinding.
    My only issue is that since placement rewards are now the only way to get non-progression PVE XP, it might actually force people to play more to secure top placements for optimal XP gain.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    My only issue is that since placement rewards are now the only way to get non-progression PVE XP, it might actually force people to play more to secure top placements for optimal XP gain.
    In order to get placement you need to go 7 clears and play optimally.  For the XP you just needed to do 6 clears and you would also get progression rewards.  Now for the players who nerves really cared about top 20, top 10 placement they will probably just do 5 clears because they can get full progression rewards and top 150 which still gives 3* covers.  I got top 50 in CL9 by just doing 6 clears so I don’t think many people are interested in grinding for placement.  Also remember players who were stopping at 6 clears were not always doing the final 2 clears right at the end of the event because they actually have lives.  
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Has this already been pointed out?  This is a giant disincentive to hoarders.  Just had that thought today.  No XP without applying covers.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Has this already been pointed out?  This is a giant disincentive to hoarders.  Just had that thought today.  No XP without applying covers.
    Yes they won’t accumulate iso while they are hoarding but they will advance so many ranks when they open. 

mexus said:
    The big problem as I see it is that this makes it very "easy" to buy a level up. Go for that 40-pack, you'll have hundreds of XP from the covers.
    Not a problem to me. Buying packs for more rewards. Make a lot of senses to me. All they do is to make more money. Nothing wrong though.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    They’ll have more when they really needed. After applying tons of covers. As a hoarder I like it better that way. 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since the stated goal was to have shield rank reflect roster strength, I think they really dropped the ball by not resetting & recalculating everyone's shield ranking. With this change, only new(er) players will have a shield rank that accurately reflects their roster strength.

If I was a cynical person, I'd suggest that change is forthcoming, but the devs wanted to shower the highest level players with mountains of ISO8 before they change it to minimize backlash.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    With this change, only new(er) players will have a shield rank that accurately reflects their roster strength.

Their ranking will be 'more accurate', but not 'accurate'.  As soon as they start farming they artificially inflate their rank.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    Since the stated goal was to have shield rank reflect roster strength, I think they really dropped the ball by not resetting & recalculating everyone's shield ranking. With this change, only new(er) players will have a shield rank that accurately reflects their roster strength.

If I was a cynical person, I'd suggest that change is forthcoming, but the devs wanted to shower the highest level players with mountains of ISO8 before they change it to minimize backlash.
    They can't.
    Else vets with all chars rostered will have a lower rank than players who are still rostering their first copies of 3* characters.

I don't think the idea is to have lower players have higher ranks than 5* players.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    They’ll have more when they really needed. After applying tons of covers. As a hoarder I like it better that way. 
    They still could have, at very least, left xp for daily deadpool as it is a small incremental amount of xp progression each day. For them trying to deter
     Hoarding,  this does the very opposite.

Even without that, a 25 xp increase in champing a 4 is such a joke.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, question. Regardless of the net win/loss of ISO regarding 1* selling/training, I was wondering in terms of progress. If you are not 1* xp farming with covers you receive from standard tokens (I don't play PVP much so 1* covers from there are neglible for me), will your SCL leveling progress slow down compared to the old system?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    According to Brigby the idea is that xp income is basically the same,
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Hoarding is all about delayed gratification. Changes disincentivizing hoarding seem to be the order of the season.

Which is why the 5* essential node and 5* HfH experiment baffle me.  The best way to get the shiny new essential 5* so you can chase placement is to have a lot of CP or LT's which, well, requires a mini-hoard.  Right?  Maybe the approach makes a dent in existing hoards but it promotes hoarding for those who don't currently have one.  Or am I missing something?

I consider 500 CP a hoard, but I have zero willpower.  Hand me my marshmallow.

Sorry, that was off topic.  I'm only level 92 currently so farming 1*s is profitable for the time-being.