Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Player XP (11/7/17)

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This has been out for a month now and I've only gained one level, and am about 100xp away from another. It's definitely slower than it was before. I'm sitting on 40ish champed 4*s and most of my others are fully covered. I feel like that's where I'm. Not getting much xp for leveling. I could be getting 80xp per 4* cover I add, but the only ones I have not fully covered are Nightcrawler, MEHulk, Nico, and maybe one or two others I'm missing a cover on. Instead I just get 25xp per 4* champ level, which wasn't much of an increase over what it was before. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has been out for a month now and I've only gained one level, and am about 100xp away from another. It's definitely slower than it was before. I'm sitting on 40ish champed 4*s and most of my others are fully covered. I feel like that's where I'm. Not getting much xp for leveling. I could be getting 80xp per 4* cover I add, but the only ones I have not fully covered are Nightcrawler, MEHulk, Nico, and maybe one or two others I'm missing a cover on. Instead I just get 25xp per 4* champ level, which wasn't much of an increase over what it was before. 
    you must not be farming all your covers or playing that much.  I'ver rolled 4 ranks from 139 to 144.  

Feels about the same as before.
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how much does a max champed 5* sell for? Does anyone know?  :D
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did a bit of mathcrafting on this point. I’ll post some more complete analysis a bit later when i’ve had a chance to prepare some reasonable observations.

At a high level the XP gain for me was about the same but that’s a personal observation. The major difference is the timing of when you receive the XP. I tend to hoard my tokens for most of a season and then open them all at the end. Doing that it means I see very little change most weeks and then a massive jump when I crack a hoard open. Before I would reliably get 100XP or so each day from DDQ, easy PvE nodes and sending TUs so progress would feel much smoother. 

The other big big thing I noticed was the value of a std token jumps massively under the new model since a 1* cover is now worth approximately 9XP on average if you roster it. That bumps the XP associated with std tokens up a lot compared to where it was previously but it assumes you roster all your covers. When you pass the inflection point for 1*s when the XP is worth less than the ISO your XP gain would decrease significantly. 
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bump

I just hit rank 200 today
    I have over 265,000 Red ISO saved as I haven't pulled a support in over a month
    not sure where I go from here as I doubt either will be addressed/updated/acknowledged any time soon
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bump

not sure where I go from here as I doubt either will be addressed/updated/acknowledged any time soon
    I'm 192 and I have 4.6mil. I'm shocked that's all you have. You must have better supports than I do.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Bump

I'm 192 and I have 4.6mil. I'm shocked that's all you have. You must have better supports than I do.
    I've got 42/54 on supports
    3 five stars
    7 four stars
    11 three stars
    16 two stars 
    5 one stars
    all maxed