Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Player XP (11/7/17)

Options

Comments

• Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    pve xp adjusted but added champ level to a 3* only got 10xp instead of what chart says. Waiting until go live for my 68 cards on the vine 
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And yes, in D&D, in the first several editions anyway (I'm not familiar with 4th. Ed on), ingame loot is all valued in gold pieces, and 1gp = 1xp. And upgrading loot via crafting, imbuing, etc., = use of skills / accomplishing feats = xp. So there you go. XP for getting stuff, part of gaming pop culture for 40+ yrs.
    Thank you, MooseButt, for making me feel like I'm not the only old fart around. Do you remember starting to attract followers at ~level 9?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    Everyone is now treating the game as another mathematic task instead of reflecting on the strange fact that this is the only game ever what levels you up for obtaining and upgrading loot.
    Say what?

This game and another little one called D&D, and many of its many offspring.

There are certainly games primarily about obtaining and upgrading loot.  Diablo 3 comes to mind.  That is all about getting the 6 pieces of whatever set loot.  But, I think the point is your Barbarian that uses an axe doesn't get any better when you find a new bow or upgrade a ranged damage gem.

I think games with similar elements exist though.  Maybe Skyrim?  I know I leveled up a bunch there by crafting a whole ton of worthless useless daggers.  But, ultimately it was counting that as improving your blacksmith skills, which ultimately would allow you to craft higher tiers of stuff.  So, in a roundabout way, it was treating that more as the character honing his craft rather than about a count of worthless junk you made.  The two were just related numbers.

I think my biggest takeaway from that was, it wasn't necessarily good game-play.  Sitting around crafting iron daggers just so I could craft a dragon sword wasn't compelling or exciting.  Skyrim had enough going on to forgive it or power through.  But, the question of "Is this actually fun?" it is something developers should always keep in mind.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Everyone is now treating the game as another mathematic task instead of reflecting on the strange fact that this is the only game ever what levels you up for obtaining and upgrading loot.
    Imagine Dark Souls but with extremely random loot drops. In order to level up you need to find 13 pieces of the Cleric's Candlestick and spend a huge load of souls to upgrade it even though you're not even interested in using that piece of poop-sword. I just think it strays too far from regular progression to be something I can accept without letting myself to re-adjust for a while.
    Someone didn't play the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Beta...  As noted by others this is not as unique as you make it sound.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    is this going to be an update? leaving a bunch of covers in my queue. should I do my pve for the day now and collect the xp?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Killabee said:
    pve xp adjusted but added champ level to a 3* only got 10xp instead of what chart says. Waiting until go live for my 68 cards on the vine 
    Well that's shady AF. I tried to clear some PVE early to see if the change had taken place and when I didn't get XP, I went and started applying my champ levels and championed a 2*. The XP totals were low and I thought that's just the way it was (my own fault there for not checking the chart first).

Even so, I don't remember the actual XP totals, so I may have gotten the proper amount and it is just underwhelming.

But if what you're saying is accurate...

To roll out one change that takes away...and at the same time delay a change that adds....seems a little too much like the bugged display odds they left up recently.
  • Beer40
    Options
    mexus said:
    Beer40 said:
    Killabee said:
    Well that's shady AF. I tried to clear some PVE early to see if the change had taken place and when I didn't get XP, I went and started applying my champ levels and championed a 2*. The XP totals were low and I thought that's just the way it was (my own fault there for not checking the chart first).

Even so, I don't remember the actual XP totals, so I may have gotten the proper amount and it is just underwhelming.

But if what you're saying is accurate...

To roll out one change that takes away...and at the same time delay a change that adds....seems a little too much like the bugged display odds they left up recently.
    I still get XP from my Story missions. :)
    LMAO, so at least 2 but possibly 3 different experiences? (my actual one is unknown).

Well, at least they're consistent....
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That brings your profit per 1* down to 113, and in order to remain profitable you need 1,300 / 120 = 10.83 ISO per XP to remain profitable. Leaning even further towards not worth it for the amount of roster maintenance this would involve.
    Again, remember that you get 100 Iso-8 back for selling the 1*, so the Iso-8 / XP break point remains 10.
  • Beer40
    Options
    OJSP said:
    mexus said:
    I still get XP from my Story missions. :)
    I am guessing Enemy of the States still give out XP. Strange Sights don't.
    Enemy of the States did not give me XP this morning. That, I can confirm. And that is why I started leveling characters. After reading some, I'm unsure if I got the proper XP or not. 

I don't particularly care about loss of XP for myself, if that indeed happened. I'm annoyed more by the fact this would seem like another simple thing they just can't get right.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm in strange sights (10:45 EST) and still getting story mission and token XP. Get it while you can!
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm in strange sights (10:45 EST) and still getting story mission and token XP. Get it while you can!
    I didn't get any on strange sights. I recently did my first 4 clears
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    you need to do six clears to get the xp. Try the most trivial node. I just finished the 2nd trivial node and got my other 10. I'm in door 2 btw but shouldn't matter

• Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Brigby what time is the data push for the xp going out as far as tokens and covers? Players are sitting here wasting resources. Please give us some kind of idea. Will it be the end of the Sakaar Arena Event?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just to clarify, could a player hypothetically lose xp and shield rank or are they keeping all previous earned xp?  I ask because I am so close to a level right now I wonder if I should just grab it with some of my covers waiting after opening my elites and heroics.
  • Dax317
    Options
    Sorry to post back to back.

I received xp for my dpdq this morning. So inconsistency seems to be the rule of the day. I understand Strange not having xp. But why didn't they say, "Hey at 12pm EST the new xp rules will be rolling out game wide, except for strange sights." Oh wait, forgot who I was talking about.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Data push just went through.  Added a quick champ level to a 2* and got 10 XP.

Looks like I'll need to get on those 552 other rewards that are pending from the two taco vaults I cleaned out last night, lol.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dax317 said:
    Sorry to post back to back.

I received xp for my dpdq this morning. So inconsistency seems to be the rule of the day. I understand Strange not having xp. But why didn't they say, "Hey at 12pm EST the new xp rules will be rolling out game wide, except for strange sights." Oh wait, forgot who I was talking about.
    But XP only received after 6 clear not 4. ARe you sure you don't get XP for 1 time nodes?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Change is live, confirmed no XP for duplicate, but you do get training and champ levels xp..
  • Dax317
    Options
    @Lukoil

Here is what brigby said

(Note: New players will still get the first-time XP reward for donating their first Team-Up, completing their first Story Mission, completing their first Versus mission, and completing their first Deadpool’s Daily Quest mission.)

So the way that reads we should not be getting it from now on.
  • Chunga5836
    Chunga5836 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am not getting any XP for recruiting 1* characters.