3* GamBat (0/0/5) build - Is this good for the game?

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    Uncletas said:
    Unfortunately, don’t have a champed 5 Star and champed grocket to add strike tokens. I think it will be something seen commonly with this in the 3 Star to mid 4 star area of the game. People are already just using him for a quick battery. If you’re not able to one shot him or take him out in the 2-3 rounds can be a painful match. 
    In your case, I would recommend trying to mirror match. Remember, you get the first match and can dictate the way the match goes. As soon as this post went up, everyone who visits the Forums should have switched their 3* BH over to Gambit and tried to get in on the goods. 

Not saying any of this is possible for you, or others experiencing the issue, but fighting fire with fire has always been a great strategy when you're facing a weaker opponent (the AI). Best of luck!
    Gambit is my only BH but all my covers are going to my main champ.

I guess many of us are hoping that GD realizes that people are exploiting an undercovered 3 and if that is not their intention, they will fix it accordingly.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Beer40 said:
    Uncletas said:
    Unfortunately, don’t have a champed 5 Star and champed grocket to add strike tokens. I think it will be something seen commonly with this in the 3 Star to mid 4 star area of the game. People are already just using him for a quick battery. If you’re not able to one shot him or take him out in the 2-3 rounds can be a painful match. 
    In your case, I would recommend trying to mirror match. Remember, you get the first match and can dictate the way the match goes. As soon as this post went up, everyone who visits the Forums should have switched their 3* BH over to Gambit and tried to get in on the goods. 

Not saying any of this is possible for you, or others experiencing the issue, but fighting fire with fire has always been a great strategy when you're facing a weaker opponent (the AI). Best of luck!
    Gambit is my only BH but all my covers are going to my main champ.

I guess many of us are hoping that GD realizes that people are exploiting an undercovered 3 and if that is not their intention, they will fix it accordingly.
    No disagreement there, but you'll get those 5 champ levels back sooner or later. In the meantime, you will have accomplished 2 things: 1) Found an apparently easier way to win matches (from what I've read) and 2) Got your 3* Gambit dupe started early, which will pay XP dividends and also eventually champ rewards.

Remember, even if they nerf him, they don't nerf the champ rewards too.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    No - This much AP gain to be used by any team as they please breaks the game balance
    In my opinion, the fact that it can be beaten doesn't mean it's any less broken.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandmaker said:89
    I actually like the variety of new strategies 0/0/5 Gambit brings. And for 3*, it is somewhat balanced by the low health pool.

But I think once 5* 0/0/5 start becoming more popular (I've already seen a couple), the 4*/5* meta is going to become really degenerate. 

I think the solution is to make not having red/purple powers a more explicit weakness. E.g. add one of the following to the black passive:

-If Gambit doesn't have a red/purple ability, only generate 1 red/purple a turn.
    -If Gambit doesn't have a red or purple ability, this passive stuns Gambit for 2 turns.
    -If Gambit doesn't have a red or purple ability, Gambit loses X% of his hp each turn. 
    -If Gambit doesn't have a red/purple ability, red/purple matches generate no AP for Gambit's team.
    -Red/purple abilities of Gambit's allies all cost 6 more AP.
    Or how about allies cannot use red or purple if gambit is active in the fight. You stun or knock him out then you get his ap stockpile. But while he is alive and healthy on the team no ally can use red or purple. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the one side, I have effective options to use against Grockmoradusa in Simulator other than also using Grockmoradusa. That is utterly fantastic.
    On the other side, oh man is Spider Gwen busted with the red/purple feed.

Also, I’ll leave my apology here to the four people that attacked me in Sim today. Not one defense lost, and 45 points gained. That just feels so wrong. Pretty sure my defense team was Gambattery with Rogue and Mordo. Swear I was just testing effective teams.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    I don't feel too bad if people who use GotG ad nauseum are complaining about health pack usage, and I probably end up feeling the same towards 3Gambit/Gwen users sooner than later as well.  

I'm still pretty much undecided about Gambit because I don't have a gambat built, but if they are looking at gating black's ap production, here's my suggestion.   Have the amount of red/purple AP it produces be tied to how many levels Gambit has in red/purple covers.  Black would only give 1 per turn on its own, and you add in a weak AP steal or the match 4 = red/purple AP gain with more covers.  
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Undecided - Greatness at the cost of only 4742 health on a 3*....I could go either way.
    I wasn’t sure at first, but after trying him out I think he’s OP and not good for the game.  I’m not even done with mine, but I took out multiple champed Panthos teams using a 0/0/4 3* Gambit, and with basically no health loss.

I’d support nerfing him by either reducing AP generation if he doesn’t have red/purple, or by having his presence prevent teammates from using those colors, whether Gambit has a cover or not.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Undecided - Greatness at the cost of only 4742 health on a 3*....I could go either way.
    is changing it now, after so many as taken time and hoards to make their gambattery, fair?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    FYI. It's officially called Dammbit when you go into a fight with high level Gambit instead of your Gambatt.

That's basically the nerf because I can't do anything but use my champed Gambit.. I basically give my opponent free pts in PvP lol. It is quite annoying to continuously select the 005 for each battle
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wait for balance of power to start and these 0/0/5 are boosted to 550
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    three words: Balance of Power

*shudder*
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Yeah I already saw one and let it stomp me. Gambatt spidergwen  and gamora I was in infinite stun lock pretty fast.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I can’t wait to ruin balance of power with my 0/0/5 gambit.

Definitely should be nerfed, but as long as this ridiculous wins-based system remains and I’m forced to beat 40 broken 5* gambit teams I’ll abuse it while I can.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just faced a gambattery with my 5* gambit in balance of power. Thought I had the team under control (got lucky when Gwen stunned the other two), and had Gwen down to 14k of health. Next turn she one shot my gambit (who had over 70k in health) with her cherry bomb. The other two never came out of being stunned. 0/0/5 3* taking down a championed 550 variant of the same character!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I can't stun Gwen on turn 2, then there's a 66% chance I'm going to lose.

I'm bringing Gamor4 to stun and if I deal with Gwen then the others will fall for sure.

What I haven't tried is bringing Peggy to stall the problem for a turn, but seems like too much risk for not enough good chances to stop her.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I got a bonus heroic token from a Strange Sights node.  From it I got a 3*, and a bonus 3* - Gambit black,  Obviously a sign.

So, having 73 CP saved up, and HP to spare, I rostered a new Gambit and made him 0/0/4, just to see.  I swapped out my usual anti-goon team for Gambit, Coulson and 5* Hawkeye, for giggles, and had a blast in the final clears of SS.

After the season and SS (top 10, without a 5* Gambit, I am content) ended I had another 20 CP, so he's now 0/0/5, and in BoP I ran Gambit, Spider-Gwen and Thing, purely for research.  In the one match I actually played, it was almost permanent stun-lock, and once the novelty wore off, it was no fun at all.

I'm conflicted.  It looks like it's an almost guaranteed offensive win, but at the expense of fun.

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie said:
    Just faced a gambattery with my 5* gambit in balance of power. Thought I had the team under control (got lucky when Gwen stunned the other two), and had Gwen down to 14k of health. Next turn she one shot my gambit (who had over 70k in health) with her cherry bomb. The other two never came out of being stunned. 0/0/5 3* taking down a championed 550 variant of the same character!
    This is more an effect of 4* powers scaling better than 5s in BoP and cherry bomb's always had been a good nuke, than gambat.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    I hope that they fix him and don't destroy him because i really enjoy using him champed.

An easy fix (as other have mentioned) is that his team-mates can't use purple or red powers until Gambit is downed. That would solve the 0/0/5 problem but he will still be a good character.

Having a blast with Coulson - C4rol - Gambit in both PvP and PvE. Try them out if you havent :)