Marvel Puzzle Quest 4th Anniversary Details *Updated (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• Steirerbua
    Steirerbua Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I found two teams that work well agains Apocalypse:

* XFW / 3*IF / 4*Cyclops:
    Focus on Purple and Black at the beginning. Eventually one of the horsemen will go down and put a 6-turn-clock on the board. When this turns to 1, you should have gathered enough of these two colors. Use purple either to find a match for the CD-tile ... or to punch. As Apocalypse's strongest color is black, Wolverines Black will have a fundamental impact.

* ProfX / Switch / Riri
    Switch sets up 5-matches for ProfX to deal nearly 10k damage at once. Plus, it boosts my team's strongest color, blue ... to be used by Riri.

What do you think about those teams?
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's by far best boss event so far. It's doable in r8 by plently different setups of 4* but still keeps that puzzle aspect.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed. I've used so many different teams in R8 to save packs. Great mix of difficulty.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ended up using Medusa, 4clops, and IM40 for round 8. Worked great and was pretty fun having to focus on taking out the horsemen first rather than just one-shorting him in earlier rounds.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Platty616 said:
    shardwick said:
    Platty616 said:
    This to me seems like a ‘you are supposed to lose’ event, it’s stupidly hard.
    Do you have plenty of Deadpool points saved up? Whale him to death.
    420,000 (or somewhere around that). Can’t believe I hadn’t thought of that earlier. Been playing for 2 years and only have 1 4* champ (Blade), have been very unlucky playing this game (not complaining, just an observation) so seem to struggle on these boss events as the boss levels up way above my characters, so far I’ve been scraping by using Patch 3* Cyclops and Daken, trying to build up enough AP to try and have him in one move.
    Have you tried hulk, kk, and beast/storm? Hulk tanks and makes green, storm can use green a million times, and kk keeps everyone healthy. There are other folks you can use here, but that's a basic three star team that should work if the match damage triggers hulk. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found two teams that work well agains Apocalypse:

* XFW / 3*IF / 4*Cyclops:
    Focus on Purple and Black at the beginning. Eventually one of the horsemen will go down and put a 6-turn-clock on the board. When this turns to 1, you should have gathered enough of these two colors. Use purple either to find a match for the CD-tile ... or to punch. As Apocalypse's strongest color is black, Wolverines Black will have a fundamental impact.

* ProfX / Switch / Riri
    Switch sets up 5-matches for ProfX to deal nearly 10k damage at once. Plus, it boosts my team's strongest color, blue ... to be used by Riri.

What do you think about those teams?
    The Riri team sounds good though you're kinda playing with fire by having the charged reds out there. 
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

My Team is only @ round 6.  I have found these strategies to work for me.

Brute force ---

There are 4 stars that may be able to one shot Apoc A fully realized Cap Marvel, Cyclopes, Wolverine. Just make sure you have someone on your team that has a stronger color than your one shot color.. or you will racing against Famine.  At around round 6 you will start to need a little more than just one shots... so save up all the attacks and fire them at once.

Biding Time ---

You could choose to fight down what seems the endless onslaught of the four horse man.  But for that you need a sure fire way to get those attack and countdown tiles.

Selectable Tile changers/destroyers such as 4* Star Lord, Quake, Cho hulk... are handy here.  3* you have cap America, Storm, quicksilver, help change the board as well and Just stock multiple attacks and keep a healer such as beast, kamala or even 2* widow (making sure her color is never match able) on your team to help you win.

This can be a lengthy process but if you just don't have a higher tier teams it becomes a great option.

My team choices

5*Phoenix, 4*Cyke, 4*Wolverine (they are boosted so it's the reckoning team)

4* Marvel, 4*Start Lord, 3* Beast

3*Cap America, Kamala, Cyke/quick silver

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have been using switch, prof x and Carol Danvers 

on round 6 at the moment and haven’t lost yet
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wondering what SL9 mindless ones will be like on the 5* fight 

Could be fun 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This time last year I had to set aside hours to play boss rush, because each boss fight took 15-20 minutes with KK/Storm/Hulk.  This year turned out great, but last year also gave Peggy covers.  I would've thrown a parade if this year gave Rogue.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apocalypse definitely turned out a lot better than expected. The boss fights were fun and challenging. I used Riri/Gwenpool/IM40 in Rounds 1-7 but then switched to my fave team, C4rol/Wasp/Medusa, for Round 8.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Classic Cyke, TeenJean and IM40 has been my best team. From round 1 till round 8.....Challenging but fun. 
    The worst part of this Anniversary event were the token given as rewards.....Elektra and Venom does NOT seem to be worth the efforts spent during this long week-end  :'(    (just my bad luck)
  • ZamWiesel
    ZamWiesel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So what you are basically saying is Mes Amis is a horrible deal, you will ignore past precedence, and we should advise our fellow players not to purchase it and wait for Gambit to move into Latest Legendary. Gotcha.
    Exactly this! I opened enough Mes Amis tokens to pull one gambit cover to make sure I'm set for when he is essential for pve. Of course I pulled 2 phx covers. One red and one green. My phx is 5/1/5. Naturally they won't swap these. D3 doesn't have a clue what customer service is.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    What is Danger Room?
    Pure guess on my part, but a PvP where the powered up list is anyone with the X-Men affiliation. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I was wondering about Gambit's PVP myself and checked the article again. His PVP is named Ragin' Cajun and is scheduled for the 15th of October. Doesn't look like he'll enter the tokens at the start of the next season...
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having the new 5* Gambit boosted for the currently running PvP is a surprise as well. 90 levels? Wow.
    Is this a new thing for a 5* to be boosted among the others for the week? Even outside of PvE?
    I realize that off-season PvP often boosted some 5's, but just like 7-10 levels. This is... different.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was wondering about Gambit's PVP myself and checked the article again. His PVP is named Ragin' Cajun and is scheduled for the 15th of October. Doesn't look like he'll enter the tokens at the start of the next season...
    Actually, that is right on time for him. The Anniversary season ends 10/15 or 16.  Ragin' Cajun will end on 10/18 for S5.  The next season will start 10/19.  So he could enter tokens then.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

bluewolf said:
    Actually, that is right on time for him. The Anniversary season ends 10/15 or 16.  Ragin' Cajun will end on 10/18 for S5.  The next season will start 10/19.  So he could enter tokens then.
    Oh, I didn't consider off-season! That brings him right on track again. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

There doesn't seem to be double ISO for Lightning rounds.  Also, last year, double iso also applied to intercept bonuses, but not this year?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talus9952 said:
    @Brigby

There doesn't seem to be double ISO for Lightning rounds.  Also, last year, double iso also applied to intercept bonuses, but not this year?
    I hope they fix this as fast as they fixed Mes Amis token rates