Marvel Puzzle Quest 4th Anniversary Details *Updated (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Why isn't Iceman, Beast, and Psylocke boosted?

Aren't they X Men...
    They seem to mostly be using multi tier people, Other than Scarlet Witch.  And they typically limit the list size.  Iceman is less helpful with no stun capability.  Psylocke is worthless.  Beast is too CD dependent. Switch can fuel Teen Jean and wipe out War.
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm gonna rant a little, so if you think this event is great - you can skip my post.

Wow, guys, you've reached a new level this time - I've just started the Apocalypse event and I already hate its guts to the core. Apocalypse is annoying as hell and beating him as you planned (by destroying his support tiles) is even more annoying. Best way to deal with this bastard is to simply overpower his entire HP with single hit power / several hit powers used together. At least that way you won't need to deal with his instant death tiles (great ability by the way, very classy and original).

Also even in an Anniversary vault you couldn't refrain from adding useless ISO and boring 2* rewards? That's just sad.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enjoying Apocolypse pretty much, he seems a lot easier than I thought, but I can see it being brutal by level 6 or 7.

Beat him 3 times (level 1 -3).  Two of those 3 times it was with 1 turn damage with horsemen still up.  

Using team of TeenJean (for War / single turn downs), Medusa (for Pestilence), and Vulture (tfor Famine)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expected the Death CDs would go away when Death did. It makes sense in retrospect since it is only Apocalypse as an enemy, but downed XFW on my first attempt with that error. :-D

At this point, I am using Cyclops/Jean/SW.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Almost lost in round 2 due to the constant placed in spots impossible to match instant death countdowns.  About ready to give up on this ****.  Why can't we just have fun events?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I killed him with a mega cascade after a match five on the first turn, lolz. Won't be able to do that in the later rounds but for round 3 it was entertaining. "You're going to die muahaha!" Oh, hey, a match five. "No! Don't match that one!" Explosions everywhere. "Nooooooo!" 
  • broll
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Almost lost in round 2 due to the constant placed in spots impossible to match instant death countdowns.  About ready to give up on this tinykitty.  Why can't we just have fun events?
    Wait till they drop from 6 to 4.  That's gonna be brutal...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Death came for Bl4de, but that's the only one that's resolved so far. Right after that, I started running Switch, Coulson and Mr. F for maximum tile switching. Haven't really had an issue since. 

It's not too bad so far, but still in the early stages of Round 3. I may change my tune in later rounds. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Easy peasy thru round 3, just the way I like it!
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Very sneaky of you guys to price the anniversary vault at 500/5000/20000 without mentioning anything about it. Hopefully it's a trend that doesn't continue. 

@Brigby any word from the devs on why they increased the price of tokens in the anniversary vault? 
  • broll
    Options
    Very sneaky of you guys to price the anniversary vault at 500/5000/20000 without mentioning anything about it. Hopefully it's a trend that doesn't continue. 

@Brigby any word from the devs on why they increased the price of tokens in the anniversary vault? 
    I would assume it's the 80 vs 100 items in it.
    80:100 -  20% increase
    400:500 - 20% increase
    3600:5000 - 28% increase
    14000:20000 - 30% increase

I'm just glad there was no increase on the daily deals.  I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've bought anything but the daily deals.  It's just throwing HP away to do otherwise...
  • bluewolf
    Options
    The vault is up for 11 days...daily deals are the way to go.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I'm really enjoying Apocalypse! The first rounds are a cakewalk, which offers plenty of time to get a feel for his mechanics — when the difficulty ramps up he'll be fearsome, but not unbeatable.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love this boss fight, great job. Great use of strategy required, thankfully he moves tiles because it saved me in R4.

Thanks for the added puzzle and can't see me being done by the 3rd refresh. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Excellent boss challenge! Thanks for the clever design devs. 
    I had better say this now before I get into later rounds...
  • pandrek
    pandrek Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Congratulations, devs!!!
    I'm enjoying Apocalypse boss challenge very much!!! Nice job!!! :smiley:
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had misread the description in the first post and assumed Death's countdowns would disappear when he did, but that's not the case :(

Vulture has been pretty useful so far when paired with someone who sets the team's strongest colour to green or blue.  His AP generation helps take out Famine, and Hybrid Tech Slicer helps get rid of Pestilence's attack tiles and Death's countdown tiles.  I've also been running him with Cloak+Dagger, who helps with feed black (both to power Vulture, and match Death's countdowns) and adds more special tile destruction.  No idea how well they'll work in later rounds though.
  • PurdyPrince
    PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What is the consensus on fan favorite tokens? I've read many posts saying it is not worth it but here is my situation. 2 of the 5* stars BB and Strange are in the tokens with increased odds since there isn't so many 5 Stars in this one. I have a hoard of about 170 tokens for LL which i will spend when Spidey leaves LL and around 2300 CP for anything else. Should I save the CP or should I go for it? What do you guys think?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just an FYI everyone. Someone mentioned in a thread somewhere about Kate Bishop's blue preventing enemy healing. IT WORKS ON APOCALYPSE!!!!! Need 12 blue to fire it, mine deals 7766 damage and makes a 5 turn CD tile that prevents him from healing. My KB only 150 5/4/4 (I imagine it does much better damage if you have her champed), she hides behind my Phoenix and Ock. Protect that CD tile and you don't have to worry about the horsemen or him healing himself!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    What is the consensus on fan favorite tokens? I've read many posts saying it is not worth it but here is my situation. 2 of the 5* stars BB and Strange are in the tokens with increased odds since there isn't so many 5 Stars in this one. I have a hoard of about 170 tokens for LL which i will spend when Spidey leaves LL and around 2300 CP for anything else. Should I save the CP or should I go for it? What do you guys think?
    FF are the same odds as any other legendary token, 15%, with no CS swaps.  But diluted among 8 characters, instead of 3.  That is why people say stay away.  You'll get just a few for each character.

For 2300 CP you will get 92 pulls.  That would get, if odds work out, about 13 5* covers.  So among 8 characters you could get 2 covers for 5 of them and 1 for 3 more. If you are close to finishing BB or Strange and have even cover distribution, it's worth trying.  If you keep all your LL and CP til Spidey leaves, you can be pretty sure to have 3 fully covered 5's, on the other hand.

Bolt is one of the best 5's, so it might be worth going for if you have 4/4/4 of 4/3/4 or something.