Marvel Puzzle Quest 4th Anniversary Details *Updated (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    (Disclaimer: I am currently in NYC preparing for NYCC, so I unfortunately will be rather sporadic with my responses. Thank you for understanding)
    kennn712 said:
    Brigby will the Fan Favorites duplicate draws be swappable by CS? 
    @kennn712 @HxiiiK
    CS will unfortunately not be able to provide cover exchanges for duplicates acquired from the Fan Favorite store.

When it comes to the store's content, we removed 7 characters from the available 5-Star pool, in order to increase the chances of players acquiring a player-voted character as their favorite. In addition, we have replaced the usual 4-Star latest characters with player-voted ones, in order to give them increased odds.

*For all other questions, I will try to find time throughout the day to answer them as best as I can. Thanks!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    (Disclaimer: I am currently in NYC preparing for NYCC, so I unfortunately will be rather sporadic with my responses. Thank you for understanding)
    kennn712 said:
    @kennn712 @HxiiiK
    CS will unfortunately not be able to provide cover exchanges for duplicates acquired from the Fan Favorite store.

When it comes to the store's content, we removed 7 characters from the available 5-Star pool, in order to increase the chances of players acquiring a player-voted character as their favorite. In addition, we have replaced the usual 4-Star latest characters with player-voted ones, in order to give them increased odds.

*For all other questions, I will try to find time throughout the day to answer them as best as I can. Thanks!
    Ouch! Apologies in advance to Brigby, since he's just the messenger, and it seems like I'm right behind his clarifications lately with something snarky, but....

No problem removing 5* from the store for better odds of selected 5*.

And

Big problem removing 4* from the store for better odds of selected 4*.

Happy Anniversary!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification on Fan Favorite tokens, @Brigby.  How about the Mes Amis store - will swaps be allowed there?

Also, thank you so much for posting these Anniversary details so early in your day as you're travelling!  I believe we are only missing one other piece of information -- the boosted character list for X-Men vs. Apocalypse.  (I assume it will be X-Men-centric but would be nice to have the specifics.)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

Mission Rewards
    • Supporting Character
      • 1,000 Iso-8
    • Boss
      • Command Point
      • 1,000 Iso-8
      • 500 Iso-8
      • Command Point
      • 1,000 Iso-8
      • Command Point
      • 500 Iso-8
      • Random Boost
    Alliance Rewards
    • Round 1 - 90,000 (Anniversary Token)
    • Round 2 - 150,000 (Gambit (Modern) Black Cover)
    • Round 3 - 390,000 (Gambit (Modern) Red Cover)
    • Round 4 - 985,000 (Gambit (Modern) Purple Cover)
    • Round 5 - 1,970,000 (X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Purple Cover)
    • Round 6 - 3,000,000 (X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Red Cover)
    • Round 7 - 4,400,000 (X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Green Cover)
    • Round 8 - 5,900,000 (Mes Amis Legendary token)
    Individual Rewards
    • 5,000 Points - Anniversary Token
    • 10,000 Points - 200 Iso-8
    • 20,000 - Power Boost
    • 31,500 - Health Pack
    • 52,700 - Stockpile
    • 80,000 - 280 Iso-8
    • 112,400 - Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Red Cover
    • 149,000 - 280 Iso-8
    • 189,000 - Anniversary Token
    • 234,000 - 280 Iso-8
    • 281,500 - Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) Green Cover
    • 332,000 - 500 Iso-8
    • 385,000 - 25 Hero Points
    • 441,500 - 500 Iso-8
    • 500,000 - Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) Blue Cover
    • 553,500 - 1,000 Iso-8
    • 627,000 - 25 Hero Points
    • 711,000 - Anniversary Token
    • 802,500 - 2,000 Iso-8
    • 900,000 - Mes Amis Legendary Token
      So first off, I'm extremely excited about the boss event as it looks like it's actually including the "Puzzle" part of the game, which is less common than you'd think. @Brigby I have two questions about the rewards though:

1) Are the ISO rewards listed already doubled, or does the double ISO multiplier get added to these?
      2) Normally during the Anniversary, Anniversary tokens are given out like candy — they'd account for one or two rewards in the boss node, as well as one or two of the supporting character nodes. As this list stands, the entire boss event only awards four Anniversary tokens as progression rewards. Will the other anniversary events (the PVP matches, Honor Among Thieves, X-Men Simulator) be giving out Anniversary token and will they be more generous? 
    • Punisher5784
      Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      @Brigby

Will Gambit be the 5* essential the following PvE? If so, then I agree with the others that he should be rewarded for beating round 8. It doesn't help that now 5* release tokens share the odds with two other 5*s. Let the whales continue to buy their 13 but the rest of us should be to acquire 1 cover so we can fully play the next PvE event. It already costs us a 1000 HP to roster.. it needs to be fair and reasonable.
    • Milk Jugz
      Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited October 2017
      Options
      @Brigby

You answered the question of swaps on the Fan Favorite Vault, disappointing they won't do it, but oh well.... What about the Mes Amis Vault, will they swap duplicate 5* from that vault??
    • bluewolf
      bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Brigby said:

Mission Rewards
      • Supporting Character
        • 1,000 Iso-8
      • Boss
        • Command Point
        • 1,000 Iso-8
        • 500 Iso-8
        • Command Point
        • 1,000 Iso-8
        • Command Point
        • 500 Iso-8
        • Random Boost
      Alliance Rewards
      • Round 1 - 90,000 (Anniversary Token)
      • Round 2 - 150,000 (Gambit (Modern) Black Cover)
      • Round 3 - 390,000 (Gambit (Modern) Red Cover)
      • Round 4 - 985,000 (Gambit (Modern) Purple Cover)
      • Round 5 - 1,970,000 (X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Purple Cover)
      • Round 6 - 3,000,000 (X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Red Cover)
      • Round 7 - 4,400,000 (X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Green Cover)
      • Round 8 - 5,900,000 (Mes Amis Legendary token)
      Individual Rewards
      • 5,000 Points - Anniversary Token
      • 10,000 Points - 200 Iso-8
      • 20,000 - Power Boost
      • 31,500 - Health Pack
      • 52,700 - Stockpile
      • 80,000 - 280 Iso-8
      • 112,400 - Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Red Cover
      • 149,000 - 280 Iso-8
      • 189,000 - Anniversary Token
      • 234,000 - 280 Iso-8
      • 281,500 - Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) Green Cover
      • 332,000 - 500 Iso-8
      • 385,000 - 25 Hero Points
      • 441,500 - 500 Iso-8
      • 500,000 - Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) Blue Cover
      • 553,500 - 1,000 Iso-8
      • 627,000 - 25 Hero Points
      • 711,000 - Anniversary Token
      • 802,500 - 2,000 Iso-8
      • 900,000 - Mes Amis Legendary Token
        So first off, I'm extremely excited about the boss event as it looks like it's actually including the "Puzzle" part of the game, which is less common than you'd think. @Brigby I have two questions about the rewards though:

1) Are the ISO rewards listed already doubled, or does the double ISO multiplier get added to these?
        2) Normally during the Anniversary, Anniversary tokens are given out like candy — they'd account for one or two rewards in the boss node, as well as one or two of the supporting character nodes. As this list stands, the entire boss event only awards four Anniversary tokens as progression rewards. Will the other anniversary events (the PVP matches, Honor Among Thieves, X-Men Simulator) be giving out Anniversary token and will they be more generous? 
        1. Everything listed in the rewards is 2x normal amounts. (Ex:  not 140, but 280).  There is no "multiplier" for Anniversary events, but they are set to award twice the normal amount of iso each time.
        2. Anniversary tokens are awarded from Events throughout the anniversary season, per the Marvel article (and as I recall from last year).  So the PVP events will give out 3 tokens through 850, for example.   The PVE will award tokens at progression and placement daily.  So there is just one vault you have for all events during anniversary.
      • broll
        broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
        edited October 2017
        Options
        nycjonny said:
        Maybe ask them to revisit that... Why charge the LT price and not allow swaps? It doesn't seem any more special than classics. 8 is still extremely diluted to hope to cover any of the older 5s. 
        I have to agree.  With no CS swaps and all 4*s still in this vault is a steaming pile of tinykitty.  Had they done at least one of those it might have been worth while.  I'll roll the dice on the free ones but this won't get a single CP from me.
      • GrumpySmurf1002
        GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Brigby said:
        kennn712 said:
        @kennn712 @HxiiiK

I know its not the right use of the function, but can I flag this post?
      • WEBGAS
        WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
        Options
        25 cp for the same cover i could get spending 20 cp?
        NO THANKS  :p
      • GrimSkald
        GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Vhailorx said:
        Just to reiterate my previous point because i think this is a disasterous decision by d3:

Classic tokens:
        20cp cost
        1% chance at each of 15 5*s
        No cover swaps

Fan favorite tokens:
        25cp cost
        1.875% chance at each of 8 good 5*s
        No cover swaps

A 25% cost increase to raise the chance of pulling a target 5* by 0.875% under ideal circumstances.  If, like me, you have some target characrers with 5 covers in a color, then you actually only have a 1.25% chance of getting a useful cover for that character.  So fan favorite tokens are a 25% price premium for a 25% increase in the odds of getting a desired cover.  So the same odds per cp spent, with fewer chances at a bonus cover.  And thebmathbus worse if you have a 5/5/2.  Why is this a compelling offer for anyone?

Well, bearing in mind that it's completely extra and doesn't replace either Latest or Classics, it does give you a bit more granularity in your attempts to get a 5* - more choice is better than less, at least from the consumer perspective.

Is it a great deal in general?  No, it's not, though maybe for the 4* in the list since they're among the best.  Speaking for myself, I might, might go for Mes Amis tokens if they allow swaps (my Phoenix is 5/3/3,) but considering I a) don't have a huge hoard, and b) don't have a truly pressing need for Phoenix, I'll probably either poke at Classics or Latest.

• ZeiramMR
        ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        @Brigby

Does Rogue go into normal tokens starting tomorrow or at the beginning of the next season after Anniversary events (which I believe is in 15 days)?
      • RemoDestroyer
        RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
        edited October 2017
        Options
        If swaps were allowed i might have pulled to finish my 5/5/1 oml. Easy decision to skip this one and keep on hoarding.

My Black Widow is 2/3/1 and my Black Bolt is 2/1/2. The other 5 I have champed. I still don't feel the fan favorite tokens are worth it for me at 25cp and the posted odds.

I already sold 2 black and 3 yellow oml covers. I'm done with any tokens that he is in.
      • carrion_pigeons
        carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
        Options
        DAZ0273 said:
        Brigby said:
          • Death
            • Creates a countdown tile that downs the character in front when another Horseman is destroyed.
            • This tile is destroyed when it is the last Horseman tile on the board

Trying to get my head around this one. Death can only be destroyed when it is the last tile on the board but it kills you everytime you destroy another Horseman? 3 Horsemen destroyed = 3 characters downed then Death gets killed? So does that mean all your characters are going to die in order to defeat Death??!? I guess clarification of what the countdown tile actually does might make things clearer, maybe the power only works after the countdown is resolved? Otherwise bye bye health packs.
        That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons, even death may die.
      • DarthDeVo
        DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
         I'm torn on the Fan Favorite store. I know the odds aren't great, but I don't have any Black Widow, Black Bolt, Phoenix or OML covers. I'd like to get at least one of each, since 5* essentials are a thing now. Plus there are some 4* characters I could use, namely Teen Jean and hopefully the right covers to finish off Iceman (4/5/3) and De4dpool (2/5/4 with a black cover dying on the vine).

But if I spend there, that's fewer potential 5pidey covers, and he's the one I've been hoarding for anyway.

Bah. I should probably just stay the course. I have a feeling if I try to chase covers in the FF store, I'll probably end up burning more CP than I want and end up disappointed.

I can at least try for Phoenix and OML through the Mon Amis store, plus hopefully pick up some Gambit covers along the way. Maybe make De4dpool my sole 4* bonus hero and Bolt and Widow the 5* and hope for the best.