Marvel Puzzle Quest 4th Anniversary Details *Updated (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Will the anniversary roll out increased Shield Rank max levels?  Inquiring minds want to know. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

Will the anniversary roll out increased Shield Rank max levels?  Inquiring minds want to know. 
    All signs point to no....but they are looking into it....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    So 12 fan favorites at 42.5% chance

All other 4s at 42.5% chance.

What's the point of having fan favorite 4s if they have the same odds as all the other 4s.

And love the x force wolverine fan favorite troll.
    They are not the same odds. It is similar to the hybrid vaulting we have now in Legendary tokens: the latest 12 are at 42.5% and all others are 42.5%. 
    So, you will be roughly 3 times more likely to get a fan favorite than one of the others.
    Based on the current amount of unvaulted characters I'm pulling now feels like the odds are pretty even despite so-called 3x more likely. Have them all champed anyway, but not wasting five extra on just a 15% chance to draw a few 5s. They would have had me at 25% like the glitch.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh boy 10 whole days of a Crash I can't complete oh boy

bring on dat anniversary
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not that 5* are a big deal to me but it seems a shame that you have 2 vaults and Phoenix and OML are repeated. I see a lot of praise for Hawkeye on these forums and Goblin also, maybe they could have been in the FF vault instead.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not that 5* are a big deal to me but it seems a shame that you have 2 vaults and Phoenix and OML are repeated. I see a lot of praise for Hawkeye on these forums and Goblin also, maybe they could have been in the FF vault instead.
    It's clearly to go with the X-Men theme...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    broll said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    It's clearly to go with the X-Men theme...
    Yeah, I get that but it still seems a shame. And Gambit's vault represents X-Men just fine.
  • ZamWiesel
    ZamWiesel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    broll said:
    I'm a little bummed about the fan favorite store.  Based on the wording previously I though it was only going to have the 8 5* and 12 4* and 0% chance on the other 4*s.  Since I have all 12 favorites already champed it would have been fantastic to be able to chase 5*s without worrying about 4* cover waste... Well now it doesn't seem worth spending CP... shame....
    Agreed! If they had made the stores without the unwanted 4* and it just be the favorites then I would probably have cracked open the hoard of cp I'm sitting on. But as to be expected, they don't want people hoarding but also don't want to give people something worth spending their saved cp on. I'll take the double iso and wait for ock to leave so I can cover Spidey, DD and Gambit.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby Is skip tax reduced or eliminated for anniversary events?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    I'm a little bummed about the fan favorite store.  Based on the wording previously I though it was only going to have the 8 5* and 12 4* and 0% chance on the other 4*s.  Since I have all 12 favorites already champed it would have been fantastic to be able to chase 5*s without worrying about 4* cover waste... Well now it doesn't seem worth spending CP... shame....

Everything else looks good though, still excited.

On Apocalypse, if you are able to do enough damage in a single turn to down him can you kill him while the horsemen are still up?  For example with whales, whales, whales?
    It seems a little naive to think that now...but I thought the same thing too. We've been playing this game far too long to be duped like that though, so that's on us  :D
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Brigby said:
    • Death
      • Creates a countdown tile that downs the character in front when another Horseman is destroyed.
      • This tile is destroyed when it is the last Horseman tile on the board

Trying to get my head around this one. Death can only be destroyed when it is the last tile on the board but it kills you everytime you destroy another Horseman? 3 Horsemen destroyed = 3 characters downed then Death gets killed? So does that mean all your characters are going to die in order to defeat Death??!? I guess clarification of what the countdown tile actually does might make things clearer, maybe the power only works after the countdown is resolved? Otherwise bye bye health packs.
    I too am confused by this, I don't understand how to defeat Apocalypse.  

To parrot what Daz said above:

Apocalypse can't take damage when one of his horsemen is on the board, or at least he heals himself passively.

The Death Horseman tile can't be destroyed unless all of the other Horsemen are destroyed

You must kill three other horsemen to destroy their tiles.

Each time you destroy a horseman, you lose a character.

I don't understand how he can be defeated, I mean, if I read this, it's pretty much impossible.  

Could someone please explain what I'm missing?

(and mind you, I think I am missing something here, I just don't understand the rules enough to figure out what I've got wrong)

Healh pack aside, it just seems impossible to beat Apocalypse.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Do the Horsemen count as Special tiles for the purpose of Pestilence's powers?  I'm assuming not, since otherwise Pestilence and Death would seem to deadlock each other and make it impossible to win.
    I'm assuming not as well, but given my understanding of how the last two anniversary events went down, I wouldn't be totally shocked if that's the way it was. 
  • broll
    Options
    ZamWiesel said:
    broll said:
    Agreed! If they had made the stores without the unwanted 4* and it just be the favorites then I would probably have cracked open the hoard of cp I'm sitting on. But as to be expected, they don't want people hoarding but also don't want to give people something worth spending their saved cp on. I'll take the double iso and wait for ock to leave so I can cover Spidey, DD and Gambit.
    You and I are like twins then.

I was originally planning on saving up to 300 LTs.  At this point with 5* becoming more and more useful with the advent of SCL based scaling and 5* nodes.  I'm probably gonna start pulling LTs little by little once Ock leaves, vs waiting till Spidey is about to leave.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options

broll said: I'm a little bummed about the fan favorite store.  Based on the wording previously I though it was only going to have the 8 5* and 12 4* and 0% chance on the other 4*s.  Since I have all 12 favorites already champed it would have been fantastic to be able to chase 5*s without worrying about 4* cover waste... Well now it doesn't seem worth spending CP... shame....
    Agreed! If they had made the stores without the unwanted 4* and it just be the favorites then I would probably have cracked open the hoard of cp I'm sitting on. But as to be expected, they don't want people hoarding but also don't want to give people something worth spending their saved cp on. I'll take the double iso and wait for ock to leave so I can cover Spidey, DD and Gambit.ZamWiesel said:
    This broll said: ZamWiesel said: broll said: I'm a little bummed about the fan favorite store.  Based on the wording previously I though it was only going to have the 8 5* and 12 4* and 0% chance on the other 4*s.  Since I have all 12 favorites already champed it would have been fantastic to be able to chase 5*s without worrying about 4* cover waste... Well now it doesn't seem worth spending CP... shame....
    Agreed! If they had made the stores without the unwanted 4* and it just be the favorites then I would probably have cracked open the hoard of cp I'm sitting on. But as to be expected, they don't want people hoarding but also don't want to give people something worth spending their saved cp on. I'll take the double iso and wait for ock to leave so I can cover Spidey, DD and Gambit. You and I are like twins then.

I was originally planning on saving up to 300 LTs.  At this point with 5* becoming more and more useful with the advent of SCL based scaling and 5* nodes.  I'm probably gonna start pulling LTs little by little once Ock leaves, vs waiting till Spidey is about to leave.
    and this

• broll
    Options
    Roland113 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Brigby said:
    • Death
      • Creates a countdown tile that downs the character in front when another Horseman is destroyed.

Trying to get my head around this one. Death can only be destroyed when it is the last tile on the board but it kills you everytime you destroy another Horseman? 3 Horsemen destroyed = 3 characters downed then Death gets killed? So does that mean all your characters are going to die in order to defeat Death??!? I guess clarification of what the countdown tile actually does might make things clearer, maybe the power only works after the countdown is resolved? Otherwise bye bye health packs.
    I too am confused by this, I don't understand how to defeat Apocalypse.  

To parrot what Daz said above:

Apocalypse can't take damage when one of his horsemen is on the board, or at least he heals himself passively.

The Death Horseman tile can't be destroyed unless all of the other Horsemen are destroyed

You must kill three other horsemen to destroy their tiles.

Each time you destroy a horseman, you lose a character.

I don't understand how he can be defeated, I mean, if I read this, it's pretty much impossible.  

Could someone please explain what I'm missing?

(and mind you, I think I am missing something here, I just don't understand the rules enough to figure out what I've got wrong)

Healh pack aside, it just seems impossible to beat Apocalypse.
    1.  It creates a countdown tile everytime you down one.  Presumably you can destroy/match the countdown tile away vs taking the death.
    2.  It's unclear if killing multiple at once will generate multiple countdown tiles or not.
    3.  Based on how I'm reading it it sounds like you can kill him directly without downing the horsemen if you can do 100% of his HP damage in 1 turn, which should be possible with some teams, especially early on.  Whales, whales whales obviously comes to mind.

How long the countdown tiles are is the big question I have on this.  If the countdown tiles are 10 then it shouldn't be too bad, if it 3 or less I could see it being quite difficult.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wolverine (X-Force), the Boaty McBoatface of MPQ!

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Brigby said:
    • Death

I think it was just worded poorly. I think the "when another Horesman is destroyed" part goes with the first part of the sentence, not the last. That is, it should read more like "When another Horseman is destroyed, creates a countdown tile that downs the character in front when it resolves."

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah, what happens with those Death countdown tiles is crucial because you know that the amount of AP needed, damage dealt and amount of tiles put out that you have to get rid of by the other Horsemen is almost certainly going to increase as the event progresses. Do they stay the same, do they get shorter?!?!? We are going to all die...I prefer it when Death is on ourside via Thanos.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options

Bagman to increase tile duration

Wolverine X-Force to destroy death tiles

Mr F for tile swapping to help with matches

Sounds like this is the team to use - bet no-one said that before...