Marvel Puzzle Quest 4th Anniversary Details *Updated (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Dazzler!!

WORSE ANNIVERSARY EVER

*heads off to delete entire roster and uninstall the game
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
      • Famine
        • Destroys the player's AP. 
        • This tile is destroyed when the player has enough AP in their strongest color

I'm assuming this goes off at the beginning of every turn and obviously (???) it can't destroy all of your AP, but can it destroy the AP in your strongest color (I'm assuming yes), and if so, how much? 

Also, if Death''s CD downs one of your characters and that causes your strongest color to change and if you have enough AP in your new strongest color, does that instantly down Famine?  Or will that happen at the beginning of the next turn (assuming Famine doesn't steal your AP first)? Or will that result in a glitch that prevents you from ever downing Famine?

This seems pretty complicated for a new event with ample opportunity for programming errors. Am I the only one that has a sense of impending doom?

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Count me in that group that wants to know if duplicate 5* covers pulled from fan favorites vault are swappable please!!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Brigby said:
      • Famine
        • Destroys the player's AP. 
        • This tile is destroyed when the player has enough AP in their strongest color

I'm assuming this goes off at the beginning of every turn and obviously (???) it can't destroy all of your AP, but can it destroy the AP in your strongest color (I'm assuming yes), and if so, how much? 

Also, if Death''s CD downs one of your characters and that causes your strongest color to change and if you have enough AP in your new strongest color, does that instantly down Famine?  Or will that happen at the beginning of the next turn (assuming Famine doesn't steal your AP first)? Or will that result in a glitch that prevents you from ever downing Famine?

This seems pretty complicated for a new event with ample opportunity for programming errors. Am I the only one that has a sense of impending doom?

You mean like if you trigger a massive cascade that gives you the AP needed, deals enough damage and wipes all 'Poccy's tiles, thus destroying all 4 Horseman at the same time makes the AI have a fit and just give up? It could happen...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    madsalad said:
    @Brigby I don't want to sound ungrateful. This lineup sounds great and we all look forward to the anniversary event. However, in a world which now has a 5* required node in PVE, why does Round 8 of boss event not reward a 5* cover? Could you please go back to the Dev's and ask them to have a change of heart on that one and make an emergency update to rewards before launch? Seems like all boss events should now end with a 5* cover.

Thanks you.
    Do The Math.  Give it for free? Please.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    madsalad said:
    @Brigby I don't want to sound ungrateful. This lineup sounds great and we all look forward to the anniversary event. However, in a world which now has a 5* required node in PVE, why does Round 8 of boss event not reward a 5* cover? Could you please go back to the Dev's and ask them to have a change of heart on that one and make an emergency update to rewards before launch? Seems like all boss events should now end with a 5* cover.

Thanks you.
    Let's see. A buy club with everyone spending $100=140 CP per person. That's $2000.  

25CP/pull. Chance of Gambit is approx 1/20.  20 pulls is 500 CP.  That's 4 buys at $100 to get 560 CP, or $8000.  For one cover.  If everyone wants 13, that's $104,000.

Disney needs more money.
    Sure, but there would be more people getting 1 5* and spending 1k to roster for FOMO. But whatever.

Those other people are going to whale it anyway.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    madsalad said:
    bluewolf said:
    madsalad said:

Thanks you.
    Let's see. A buy club with everyone spending $100=140 CP per person. That's $2000.  

25CP/pull. Chance of Gambit is approx 1/20.  20 pulls is 500 CP.  That's 4 buys at $100 to get 560 CP, or $8000.  For one cover.  If everyone wants 13, that's $104,000.

Disney needs more money.
    Sure, but there would be more people getting 1 5* and spending 1k to roster for FOMO. But whatever.

Look, I agree with you.  The 5*s are so diluted now that each cover is worth less and less.  The 5E does make a good argument for rewarding a single cover.

But they gave 5* covers one time, in Civil War's first run.  Seems unlikely to do it again.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    madsalad said:m
    bluewolf said:
    madsalad said:

Thanks you.

Disney needs more money.

Look, I agree with you.  The 5*s are so diluted now that each cover is worth less and less.  The 5E does make a good argument for rewarding a single cover.

But they gave 5* covers one time, in Civil War's first run.  Seems unlikely to do it again.
    New circumstances with 5* required nodes in PVE. Only reason I brought it up.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    madsalad said:
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:
    madsalad said:

Thanks you.

Disney needs more money.

Sorry if I sound harsh....I am disappointed by the FF tokens. Thought they would be generous for a week with less diluted tokens.

I mean, they gotta make money and I get that.  I just feel like there will be a tipping point with more and more characters and lower and lower odds of covering them.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5 in Ghost rider black and try ride that puppy out till you can one shot him I think for me
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinda sucks that the 15% chance you would get the new 5-star is now split among 3 5-stars total, as I'm sure Gambit is probably going to be an Essential soon. Love everything else though, probably should have got bought some HP during the sale if they're not doing another one for Anniversary specifically. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonder if Riri's Magnetic Repulsors could grab those CD tiles and convert them to red for you.  Add Hulkbuster to just straight up punch Apocalype to the moon afterwards.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madsalad said:

Thanks you.
    You forgot the part about Gambit likely being the next required 5* and likely 99.9% of the player base won't even have 1 cover for him.
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    This definitely sounds interesting.  Hopefully it was tested well and fitting :)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad said:
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:
    madsalad said:

Thanks you.

Disney needs more money.

It is getting to be time for them to start giving out 5*s more freely, otherwise they won't be able to reasonably expand to a 6* tier in the next year or two.  I suspect they're going to have to, sooner or later, to keep the top end interested in the game.  For a start, they should start putting the 5* as the top tier reward for these type events, and probably put them in the Vault of any PVE that they're featured in.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I find the horsemen mechanic wonderfully designed into flavour.
    lets see how the fights actually go, but for the moment congratulations to designers!!