Marvel Puzzle Quest 4th Anniversary Details *Updated (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     I'm torn on the Fan Favorite store. I know the odds aren't great, but I don't have any Black Widow, Black Bolt, Phoenix or OML covers. I'd like to get at least one of each, since 5* essentials are a thing now. Plus there are some 4* characters I could use, namely Teen Jean and hopefully the right covers to finish off Iceman (4/5/3) and De4dpool (2/5/4 with a black cover dying on the vine).

But if I spend there, that's fewer potential 5pidey covers, and he's the one I've been hoarding for anyway.

Bah. I should probably just stay the course. I have a feeling if I try to chase covers in the FF store, I'll probably end up burning more CP than I want and end up disappointed.

I can at least try for Phoenix and OML through the Mon Amis store, plus hopefully pick up some Gambit covers along the way. Maybe make De4dpool my sole 4* bonus hero and Bolt and Widow the 5* and hope for the best. 
    I won't even bother with Fan Favorites. Maybe if it was 20cp and only had twelve 4s in it so I'd have a much better shot at Teen Jean, Prof X, Peggy and Moon Knight but honestly if I'm going to spend 25cp it would be for Gambit's store for a decent shot at Gambit or OML. 
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Oh a small cautionary tale before we begin the main event. In looking at how Apocalypse is set up...

Every time you guys try to be provocative or challenging has not been good for you. I GET your trying to make a challenge and make us work at it, but given your track record, is that wise?
       Every time you guys try something new you get a tidal wave of negative feedback. SO ......
      I'm ASKING is there anything you want to change before we log in.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magere said:
    Oh a small cautionary tale before we begin the main event. In looking at how Apocalypse is set up...

Every time you guys try to be provocative or challenging has not been good for you. I GET your trying to make a challenge and make us work at it, but given your track record, is that wise?
       Every time you guys try something new you get a tidal wave of negative feedback. SO ......
      I'm ASKING is there anything you want to change before we log in.

Or in other words, if we can't beat it sub 3 refreshes the negative feedback comes in. If it's remotely puzzling, worst game ever.

Two highest voted boss battles, easier to pass than water. I could understand people wanting no challenges if a pve was run alongside but there won't be anything else to do, why not enjoy working out a challenge with your alliance?

Im convinced if the boss battle was log in, match 4 tiles, congrats you win it all, people would be over the moon.

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Here's how I think this will work:

The X-Men vs. Apocalypse
    Details
    • Alliance Boss Event
    • One Boss mission and five Supporting Character missions
    Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur)
    • Apocalypse cannot be Stunned or sent Airborne
    • The Four Horsemen
      • Passive Black Power
      • Apocalypse calls forth his four horsemen at the start of the battle
      • The Horsemen cannot be matched away or destroyed by normal means
      • Famine
        • Destroys all the player's AP at the beginning of the turn. 
        • This tile is destroyed when the player has 31 AP in their strongest color
      • War
        • Player's matches deal no damage. 
        • This tile is destroyed when the player has dealt damage equal to Apocalypse's health.
      • Pestilence
        • Creates Attack tiles for Apocalypse.
        • All new tiles will become Attack tiles for Apocalypse.
        • This tile is destroyed when there aren't any Special tiles on the board for Apocalypse at the end of the turn.
      • Death
        • Downs the character in front when the player gains 30 AP in their strongest color, does damage equal to half of Apocalypse's health, destroys a special tile, or downs another Horseman.
        • This tile is destroyed when it is the last Horseman tile on the board
    • The Strong Will Survive
      • Apocalypse's passive Red Power
      • Deals damage to the lowest level enemy
      • Prevents team from gaining AP, doing damage, or destroying special tiles as long as a horseman is on the board. 
    • Rejuvenate
      • Passive Yellow Power
      • At the start of the turn, if there are any Horsemen on the board, return Apocalypse to full health.
    New character: Angel
    • Red (passive) negates Apocalypse's powers.
    • Blue (passive) negates powers of Apocalypse's horsemen
    • Green (passive) at start of turn, downs a random horseman.
    • Available only in new Gordon Gecko store.
    Gordon Gecko Store
    • Includes Angel and 42 X-Men-themed 1* and 2* covers.
    • Covers can be purchased via Gecko Tokens.
    Gecko Tokens
    • Apocalypse Boss event will award Gecko token as final alliance and individual reward
    • Tokens can also be bought using Anniversary Points
    Anniversary Points
    • New currency created just for anniversary.
    • Can be purchased in new Anniversary Points store.
    • For duration of anniversary, points will be discounted by 30%
    New Angel-Themed Event
    • Brand new event featuring Angel.
    • Will feature entirely new mechanic in which Angel collects money by defeating a series of five enemies.
    • First four nodes feature Apocalypse's horsemen (one per node), Fifth node features apocalypse
    • Money earned in event can be used to reduce cost of anniversary points in the store by 1% per node won.
    • In response to the popularity of our SHIELD Training event, nodes will require Angel to be level 70, 78, 111, 169, and 251.
    • In keeping with the new mechanic, event will be called "Cash Grab."
    Schedule
    1. 10/5, 12:00 PM: Anniversary and Apocalypse event begins.
    2. 10/5: 12:01 PM: D3Go Forums explode.
    3. 10/5: 12:10 PM: astrp3 posts calling Apocalypse event the greatest boss event ever and calling those who criticized it naysayers and complainers (after all, they gave us a new character, two new events, AND a new currency, and they didn't force anyone to buy Gecko Tokens [they were given out as rewards in the boss event] - and they gave us a cool new way to get 1* characters to boot).
    That's brilliant, but also scary, as we might see it in the future.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apocalypse does not look like fun, and since all the boosted characters are X-Men, all the boosted 4*s (minus Rogue) are old 4*s... Yay for me not having any boosted 4* champs once again... *sigh*... 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    justsing said:
    Apocalypse does not look like fun, and since all the boosted characters are X-Men, all the boosted 4*s (minus Rogue) are old 4*s... Yay for me not having any boosted 4* champs once again... *sigh*... 
    Don't we have the weekly boosted (non X-Men) characters as well?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought boss events have their own boosted list and the weekly boosts don't apply. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    They have their own boost list, you can see it by going to event rules. The list is there to see :)

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to be honest, I'm genuinely fearing this boss event. All these horseman/tiles/death has me worried this is going to end up being another "you're supposed to lose" event. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    As usual I hope to run winfinite, Will help in strongest AP pool and damage with crit tiles and Green to help remove CD's.

It's rare there's anything more consistent in boss events than winfinite.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    justsing said:
    mexus said:
    justsing said:
    Don't we have the weekly boosted (non X-Men) characters as well?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought boss events have their own boosted list and the weekly boosts don't apply. 
    Weekly boosted list will NOT apply to Ol Blue Lips.  The boss Events have always used their own boosted list.  The weekly list this week won't even apply to any event until Big Pun PVP and Honor Among Thieves, thanks to Class of '17 starting today too.  

It's a shame for newer players this time, for sure.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The no cover swap on fan fav is total malarky. I have 12 champed 5* but my 1/5/5 Thanos and 5/4/3 5Strange are big pitfalls for the fan fav. I have already sold four 5Strange blue. And with Strange and Thanos so integral to fast pve clears I'm pretty salty.  5* Swaps should be across the board or make an in-game function that does so. Like with classics, I feel like pulling heavy diluted token is punishment enough for paying 5cp less, you don't have to deny swaps also.

My 2 cents, spend it how you wish

@Brigby
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    As usual I hope to run winfinite, Will help in strongest AP pool and damage with crit tiles and Green to help remove CD's.

Lol! Talks about wanting a real challenge...

Uses winfinite...
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got to be honest, I'm genuinely fearing this boss event. All these horseman/tiles/death has me worried this is going to end up being another "you're supposed to lose" event. 
    I'm not worried about them having deliberately designed this event so you're supposed to lose. I am more worried that, given its complexity, the fact that it's a brand new event, and their track record, there will be programming bugs that prevent you from completing the boss node in certain situations that they didn't anticipate or test. 

I also think that this event, more so than any previous events, requires that you know how it works in order to win and that people will just plunge in without reading anything, play with no strategy, lose, then complain that the event is broken. Of course, even if you knew nothing, you could win by one-shotting Apocalypse, but players who don't read how the event works might get the impression that that's the only way to win and thus see this as another ystl event.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     I'm torn on the Fan Favorite store. I know the odds aren't great, but I don't have any Black Widow, Black Bolt, Phoenix or OML covers. I'd like to get at least one of each, since 5* essentials are a thing now. Plus there are some 4* characters I could use, namely Teen Jean and hopefully the right covers to finish off Iceman (4/5/3) and De4dpool (2/5/4 with a black cover dying on the vine).

But if I spend there, that's fewer potential 5pidey covers, and he's the one I've been hoarding for anyway.

Bah. I should probably just stay the course. I have a feeling if I try to chase covers in the FF store, I'll probably end up burning more CP than I want and end up disappointed.

I can at least try for Phoenix and OML through the Mon Amis store, plus hopefully pick up some Gambit covers along the way. Maybe make De4dpool my sole 4* bonus hero and Bolt and Widow the 5* and hope for the best. 
    Stay strong, stay your course. I dumped around 2,100 CP into the Cosmic Legends store, when I'd been saving it for Spider Man. Now there's a store with OML/Phoenix/Gambit, which is the ideal store for me, and I have 350 CP to spend on it...
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Wonder if Riri's Magnetic Repulsors could grab those CD tiles and convert them to red for you.  Add Hulkbuster to just straight up punch Apocalype to the moon afterwards.
    Why bring Hulkbuster when there's just one target for Riri's red?
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Tony Foot said:

Lol! Talks about wanting a real challenge...

Uses winfinite...
    So what your saying is intentionally don't use the best tools at your disposal to clear tiles. So when I run carol I should ignore using cloak for blacks too? 

Im not even sure winfinite will work, if it doesn't I will find another way around the challenge as I did with the last anniversary where I fought until the end.

id have been happy for them to run it again now I have a stronger roster, rather that than the last two.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why isn't Iceman, Beast, and Psylocke boosted?

Aren't they X Men...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Why isn't Iceman, Beast, and Psylocke boosted?

Aren't they X Men...
    Nope
    Iceman - X-Element
    Beast - X-Animal
    Psylocke - X-Woman

LOL, JK it's a good question.