S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zobaken said:

Great. A PVE which gives you Rogue as a progression reward requires Rogue as an essential to do it. I have no words.
    Huh it's been like that forever? You won't need Rogue to get to Rogue either. :)
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Tony Foot said:

Huh it's been like that forever? You won't need Rogue to get to Rogue either. :)
    Yeah, I know. It just adds to the pile.
    broll said:

You should have no problem getting the progression without it by the 2nd sub or so.
    Nah, maybe it's my bad luck but I don't have any of its essential characters atm. Oh well, I guess I'll eventually get her from random pull or something.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zobaken said:
    Tony Foot said:

Yeah, I know. It just adds to the pile.
    broll said:

You should have no problem getting the progression without it by the 2nd sub or so.
    Nah, maybe it's my bad luck but I don't have any of its essential characters atm. Oh well, I guess I'll eventually get her from random pull or something.
    I highly recommend 2* Storm.
  • Zobaken
    Options
    I'm not talking about Hearts of Darkness. I'm talking about the next one, Webbed Wonder. :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zobaken said:
    I'm not talking about Hearts of Darkness. I'm talking about the next one, Webbed Wonder. :)
    Oh, silly me. I also strongly recommend 2* Magneto :) 
  • Zobaken
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oh, silly me. I also strongly recommend 2* Magneto :) 
    Oh well, mine recently gave himself in for the sake of farming. :D
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Still think character progression:prologue combo is a big step up... like each character has a progression as you level them up...

know what I mean?

Thatd expand the game and tie in the new event really well.

woylf never think it'd happen over night , but char by char, would be constructive imo, esp for the player base 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, that was a bit annoying.  I was travelling for work, so missed most of Heart of Darkness, but thought I'd be able to make up for it with this SHIELD Training thing.

I passed all the Training Exercise missions, and hit the wall at Call for Backup 3's character level requirements.  It might have been fun taking on that last mission with my under-levelled / under-covered Professor X and Cyclops.
  • goldPepe
    goldPepe Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Last event- SHIELD Training is absolutely bad. The reason is gain money from us.
    I played 12 missions in this event and in 13. mission is high specific level require?
    This is first moment when I thinking uninstall MPQ. I really hate specific level require!

I played more the 1250 days.
    No new events... only new characters and endless replay missions for better rewards.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    Dan: "Eh, 10k sounds good."

Bruce: "I hate Charlie's Angels"

Dan: "OK, Bruce.  We'll get right on that."
    I'm going to skip the last few pages and just say this is bang on the money. 

This is only good for the coffers (and I won' insult the devs, as the game is largely well coded and I doubt they make strategic decisions), and for the stans who defend every detail like a battered wife ("no, but the ISO! We wouldn't have had that without this troll of an event. The decision makers love us really!").

@Brigby if you are reading this, please let the powers that be know that this is not a great event. It's an interesting experiment for sure, and novelty is to be applauded, but this one fell on its face. 
    I think you missed a few things Calnexin:

Bruce: But what about the event store with its 10% chance to get Rogue. If people played really hard, they could get 6 or 7 covers from PvP and PvE and then buy the rest from the store and get her fully covered for less than a thousand dollars?

Dan: Hmm, good point. Let's get rid of that 10% thing and just give Rogue the same odds as the other 42 4*s not in the latest 12.

Bruce: But won't that really tick players off?

Dan: Nah. Just lower the cost of 10- and 40-packs by a trivial amount then advertise it as a new way to earn Rogue covers. It'll make it sound like we're doing the players a favor by making Rogue as rare as hillbillies in a Nordstroms.

Bruce: Brilliant, but is anyone gullible enough to fall for it?

Dan: Oh yeah. Heck, astrp3 will probably defend it as a great move. BTW, did you send him his free Rogue cover?

Bruce: Yep - a green one.

Dan: Ah yes, the most valuable one.

Bruce: Which, of course, means it's the one we're giving to almost no one as a reward.

Dan: But Bruce, you can get that green cover by beating out the whales to finish top 10 in PvE, which even a few 3* and 4*s do by playing optimally....oh wait, we took care of THOSE saps by adding the 5* required node.

Dan and Bruce: (diabolical laughter)

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

More seriously, if long-term commitment and a high-level of play is to be encouraged and rewarded in 'bonus' events, this is what it will look like. Many entering, few winning.
    My problem is that it wasn't well communicated what the restrictions were in-game until I'd got through most of the event.

I could see that the twelfth battle would give me a random Rogue cover, and would be unlocked when I completed the eleventh mission.  I didn't see that I'd need to have three specific characters at level 209+ too.  I can see that there is some text describing the restriction now, but since I'd never encountered something like this I had no reason to look for it.

Also, not allowing you to fight a team of level 200 enemies until you have a team that is at least 9 levels higher isn't exactly my idea of high level play :)
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally got my Rogue cover through PVP progression and will get my second one today from PVE progression.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So in the end, turns out you only need a lvl 169 rogue to hit max prog, and it is possible to get to a lvl 209 rogue for the last node and the LT without spending a dime.

All you had to do was already have 3 4*s at a high level, finish first in pvp, finish top 2 in pve, be in a top 100 pve alliance, pick up the progression in another pve, and pull one from a token/vault.

Now don't y'all just feel silly for complaining?
    LOL I literally just noticed this a few minutes ago.  Unfortunately my Rogue is 0/1/3 one cover shy (at least) from getting L169.  If my alliance hadn't missed T100 by 6 (stupid 5* node....) or if I'd have lucked out on Rogue and friends I'd be able to.  I could spend 120 CP to get one, but not sure it's worth it for 1 CP and 10K ISO.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like my 2 covers aren't going to be enough to get me to play the 2nd stage of the individual training... woe is me!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mega ghost said: ... Rogue's release event is 'Hearts of Darkness', which is even more generous than most new character release events as they expanded her cover placement rewards to the top 200 [in SCL 9]
    Well said; but a key correction.
    You know, I could have sworn I'd selected a lower clearance level but that explains why it was harder than I expected.
    I thought about hitting up SCL 9 for the increased chance at the Rogue cover but in the end decided with my dozen 4-star Champions I'd be better off hanging out in SCL 8. I finished with a T50 and got my second cover...and just got my third this morning as the progression reward.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    well I got my Rogue to 1/2/2 and this is as far as I can go
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    LHammer said:
    So I can't get the Rogue cover because my Cyclops is only 5/2/2?  Great.  Thanks.  Hey, did I ever tell you about the two red Cyclops covers I had to burn back when he was still 5/0/0?  Good times.
    Nice touch giving me a yellow cover today after SHIELD Training has ended.  You guys have a great sense of humor.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why are high level Rogue levels being required for two whole sets of nodes in the new shield training? This is ridiculous. It means that only the whales can get the nightcrawler cover from the event. Boo!
  • murrayb67
    murrayb67 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did they learn nothing from the complaints about the last iteration of this event?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    murrayb67 said:
    Did they learn nothing from the complaints about the last iteration of this event?
    Apparently not since they thought this was better.