This Game Isn't Fun Anymore

Comments

• I'm getting mega burnt out on the PvP season. I was easily capable of taking top 5 in my bracket - even top 1 for the first few events (in the same bracket as Bubble from SHIELD), but I just don't give a damn anymore. I've gone from 1200 to 1300 points per event to like, 300 - as long as my alliance stays top 100 for "I don't exist until after Dark Reign" Fury Jr., I'm happy, and right now we're top 30ish while short a man. I might be more motivated if we could stop having super bad tournaments with even worse rewards. Ragnarok giving out Loki covers? Are you kidding me? And now Loki giving out IM40? Geez it's like you want me to avoid PvP altogether. Give us some Human Torch rewards ffs, we've only had him available twice - mine is at 2/3/4 from 1100 progression rewards and pure random luck, I really hope this isn't going to be another Hulk in terms of how long it'll take to earn the rewards naturally.
  • Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    I'm getting mega burnt out on the PvP season. I was easily capable of taking top 5 in my bracket - even top 1 for the first few events (in the same bracket as Bubble from SHIELD), but I just don't give a damn anymore. I've gone from 1200 to 1300 points per event to like, 300 - as long as my alliance stays top 100 for "I don't exist until after Dark Reign" Fury Jr., I'm happy, and right now we're top 30ish while short a man. I might be more motivated if we could stop having super bad tournaments with even worse rewards. Ragnarok giving out Loki covers? Are you kidding me? And now Loki giving out IM40? Geez it's like you want me to avoid PvP altogether. Give us some Human Torch rewards ffs, we've only had him available twice - mine is at 2/3/4 from 1100 progression rewards and pure random luck, I really hope this isn't going to be another Hulk in terms of how long it'll take to earn the rewards naturally.

While I generally agree with you and everyone else here about the burn out, something many people keep saying about the rewards rubs me the wrong way. Not everyone joined last year and has all the older characters already. A Loki, Ragnarok or IM40 is not useless if you do not have one at all yet. They need to rotate rewards and they need to give out these older characters too. This is the first time I have a chance to get one since I joined in late February or early March (or well, theoretically have a chance at one. If I manage it, with the current state of mmr and brackets is another question). They can't cater only to older players in the PvP rewards. Unlike with 2*, if one wants to keep competing, one needs to get all the 3*, if only one cover, to be able to unlock essential nodes in PvE. They need to give newer players a chance to acquire all the characters, therefore they need to give out covers you personally may consider a bad reward. Or they need to give us a reliable way of acquiring specific characters that is not tied to PvP.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an addition to the pist above, if you already have maxed Loki, Rags IM40 et al why not sit out the tournaments and let those who need them have a better crack at them?
  • I think his issue is with the same covers getting rotated this season instead of some covers that were less frequently seen.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    As an addition to the pist above, if you already have maxed Loki, Rags IM40 et al why not sit out the tournaments and let those who need them have a better crack at them?

SEASON POINTS
  • Carthl wrote:
    A Loki, Ragnarok or IM40 is not useless if you do not have one at all yet.

Joke is on you, two of those three are completely useless, and IM40 is made borderline obsolete by newer characters. He has a nice yellow and synergy with Patch, and that's really it. For having the most expensive ability in the game he should get some damage out of it. I do admit in this Heroic he's basically an "I win" button alongside Patch if I can get that yellow to resolve (but to be fair you could have a 0/0/3 IM40 pulling the exact same weight as 5/5/3). Still haven't used Ballistic Salvo yet however.
    laoahpeh wrote:
    I think his issue is with the same covers getting rotated this season instead of some covers that were less frequently seen.

This is my real issue. To be fair however, back in February you could get Villain covers pretty easily by doing well in LRs - I had Magneto and Hood almost max covered within 3 months of starting (I quit trying to get top in Hood LRs once I found out the yellow would be a daily login reward, which finished him off). Now it's considerably harder, so I somewhat understand trying to get villain covers, but... well, 60% of the villains just aren't competitive at all, so there is that to consider.
    Linkster79 wrote:
    For more competitive persons, it's because you don't want to fall behind in season points. I never gave a **** about the Doom or Magneto or Punisher or Patch rewards I was denying other players - all I wanted were a decent chunk of points to maintain my standing. The only rewards I've been able to use this season were Falcon and Thor. I need one more BP cover to respec, and more HT covers to actually get him into a useable state without dumping HP though. I can smell Demiurge's strategy a mile away - for the "hardcore" player, they have to either get lucky, or drop hero points on covers to finish good characters off. LThor and BP have only been awarded four times - just shy of getting some skills maxed out. Cap was a really weird anomaly but I'm not complaining (7 times! That's 21 covers, and that is craycray). HT has been twiddling at two for a while and already been passed by every character after him.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:

SEASON POINTS

I think that is why there are a lot more disgruntled users. Now there is so much pressure that players are putting both on themselves and on alliances to perform well in every single event that sitting even 1 event out risks a kicking. That along with the developers knack for borking PvE in new and imaginative ways is making a powder keg ready to blow.

I dont need or want Rags, Loki or IM40 covers so I didn't reallý put a lot of effort in recently. If I am being honest I am so much more relaxed about PvP now a days. Even managed to stock pile some HP through not having to use 8 hour shields every 2 days. Yes I am getting battered down to Top 150 but these things happen. It would be nice to see what happens in PvP now of the use of shields were with held for an event or 2, would as many people be as cut throat and competitive and would we see the scores as high as they have been recently?
  • The recent changes have been really good for the new transitioning to a full/maxed 2* roster, and the season has been really good for the high end to max 3* rosters. But there is a glaring gap that has not been addressed and will lead to alot of people leaving the game.

'The 2* to 3* transition players get little to no benefit from the recent cover rewards that are useful to transitioning to a max 2* unit. And the Season has pushed even getting top 50 in a PVP nearly impossible for someone who has a max 2* unit. Not to mention some **** matchmaking that allows low score(but high leveled) teams feed on teams 300+ points above them, and it is near impossible for a 2* roster to place well enough in an event to make any headway. And PVE doesn't cycle enough(nor awards repeat themselves enough) for them to rely on that either.
  • Kamahl_FoK wrote:

Joke is on you, two of those three are completely useless, and IM40 is made borderline obsolete by newer characters.

They were not useless when they were required to unlock highest value point nodes in the last simulator, which was my whole point. Am I going to level them or deliberately try for more covers? Probably not. But in order to get the most out of the game once the prologue is done, it's necessary to obtain every single 3*. Unless you only want to play PvP. Personally, if I could avoid playing PvP and still progress at the same rate through PvE only, I would, but that's not possible.

Being competitive is not just doing well in PvP and in order to do well in PvE one needs to be able to play those nodes with required characters.
  • Sweenz wrote:
    The recent changes have been really good for the new transitioning to a full/maxed 2* roster, and the season has been really good for the high end to max 3* rosters. But there is a glaring gap that has not been addressed and will lead to alot of people leaving the game.

'The 2* to 3* transition players get little to no benefit from the recent cover rewards that are useful to transitioning to a max 2* unit. And the Season has pushed even getting top 50 in a PVP nearly impossible for someone who has a max 2* unit. Not to mention some **** matchmaking that allows low score(but high leveled) teams feed on teams 300+ points above them, and it is near impossible for a 2* roster to place well enough in an event to make any headway. And PVE doesn't cycle enough(nor awards repeat themselves enough) for them to rely on that either.

I see your point and can identify with your concerns. Then again. I waited for a really long time (over 100days) before I could compete for the top prize in pvp. What I did was trying to get covers thru PVE, slowly and slowly build my first lvl141 (patch). I am patient enough to get my covers because I'm a cheapskate. If you are not, you can always pay.
  • laoahpeh wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    The recent changes have been really good for the new transitioning to a full/maxed 2* roster, and the season has been really good for the high end to max 3* rosters. But there is a glaring gap that has not been addressed and will lead to alot of people leaving the game.

I see your point and can identify with your concerns. Then again. I waited for a really long time (over 100days) before I could compete for the top prize in pvp. What I did was trying to get covers thru PVE, slowly and slowly build my first lvl141 (patch). I am patient enough to get my covers because I'm a cheapskate. If you are not, you can always pay.

Yea, I covered the PVE part. There's too many 3* characters and not enough fequency of repeat rewards for the same character to get a 3* covered enough via PVE alone. And PVP is slowly becoming a non-alternative option.
  • Yea. I caught a break when they were giving out patch covers like candies.
  • I'm not dealing with this issue but I think OP's complaints need to be taken seriously by the devs. I know a couple people in my alliance with similar issues.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:

SEASON POINTS

If only we could choose before the end of the tourney if we want a little extra season points instead of the cover reward for the rank achieved which would then pass to the lower ranked players...
  • Carthl wrote:
    While I generally agree with you and everyone else here about the burn out, something many people keep saying about the rewards rubs me the wrong way. Not everyone joined last year and has all the older characters already. A Loki, Ragnarok or IM40 is not useless if you do not have one at all yet. They need to rotate rewards and they need to give out these older characters too. This is the first time I have a chance to get one since I joined in late February or early March (or well, theoretically have a chance at one.

That sound strange, My IM40 was nothing then gained 3 set of covers what seem quite recently.

But anyway -- put the thing in context. Yes, this Loki tournament with IM40 would have made all sense really. OUTSIDE Season1 !!!!!

Then we just would take the deserved break and you would have an easy go at the covers.

Instead the top10s will be filled with top alliance people with maxed IMs in a bloodbath like few latest to-tank events. And you will walk away with ** covers or 1 at most.

TL;DR: Season structure created a lose-lose situation for players, not sure if any winner can be found including D3
  • Linkster79 wrote:

Why? The stupid season point and uncertainty to get Fury for all the alliance, that is why. No sensible reason.

As season started we suggested to at least add a 'pass down cover prize' option to keep only the points and allow runner-ups to get use of the ***s instead of trashing it.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    For most of my own gripes in here I'd have to argue that the rewards given out aren't one of them for me.
    They're not the best, but they have to keep mixing it up and it's not always going to be covers you want or need.
    There's only so many characters in the game currently and sometimes the rotation seems a little naff... but it's always going to be like that when you have almost every cover... right icon_e_wink.gif
    For instance, if they start handing out HT covers like candy, I have no doubt people would be like... HT covers... again?! Give us something we need instead of saturating the game with HT covers! I've sold more covers than I've slept, ever etc.

People will naturally tire of games for the simple reason they've been playing it too long and it gets a bit mundane and repetitive. Keep those people should always be the goal...

As for Season 1, mostly people should just ignore it and play like they normally would... (mostly) I imagine that doing that you would still reap the benefits.
    An argument could be made I guess for alliance spots and Nick Fury I guess... I guess you've got me on that one.

That said the devs are giving out mixed signals to me. For the most part I get the impression that the devs want nubs to get covers, thus they're more likely to spend to increase roster spots... ergo Profit!
  • Unless you're in an alliance that's borderline on Nick Fury I don't think the alliance reward in season 1 is that big of a deal, and if your alliance is borderline then you probably have more to play for in the PvP events anyway.

I haven't been trying very hard in the PvP event and my placement in season 1 doesn't really concern me. That said if I walk into top 5 unopposed and then sell 3 covers back for 1500 iso 8 I'm not going to feel sorry about it either.

I think people are too caught up on the season rankings. If you're competing for the top you don't really need the heroic tokens, even 40 of them. Now if you're competing for season 1 for the sake of competing, then that's fine, and one shouldn't feel sorry for being competitive either. I've been sitting at around 9-11 in my season ladder and see no reason to burn myself out for another 50 HP, though I certainly wouldn't mind having another 50 HP.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    The force feels unbalanced today. Phantron is making sense to me icon_lol.gif
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    All these reactions of burn out remind me the game went very far from its initial objective.

It was stated in december (but not by demiurge themselves)
    The midcore audience is made up of that group of gamers that started having kids and ran out of time for games in the living room or on the PC. They instead want to pick up a few moments of easier titles here and there on their phones and tablets.

Now, it will be interresting to know how many of us are gamers playing from times to times.
    And more interresting, how the pve structure, the season, and the new pvp brackets may fit to this core target?
This discussion has been closed.