This Game Isn't Fun Anymore

Comments

• May make the call after season 1 ends if these changes are not reversed. I can deal with awful pve but pvp? Stuck in mono 141 matches is bad. But mmr based brackets is the last straw. This has got to end now.
  • You see therein lies the problem.

On one hand you have someone saying that playing less is the best way to counter scaling.

Then the next guy says playing more is the best way to counter scaling.

That is my point. We all have a method but whose is actually right? Beats me.

The guy who doesn't have to play PvE is right.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    You see therein lies the problem.

On one hand you have someone saying that playing less is the best way to counter scaling.

With scaling, every PvE event you participate in is going to be more difficult by design. There is no end goal to this game. You play it until you feel satisfied. The people who make this game's goal is to make sure you remain unsatisfied.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Artless wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:

With scaling, every PvE event you participate in is going to be more difficult by design. There is no end goal to this game. You play it until you feel satisfied. The people who make this game's goal is to make sure you remain unsatisfied.

I do not think you are right with your point.

They need you to feel satisfied but hungry. If they leave a temperamental player base Unsatisfied they leave to go play hearthstone, or puzzles and dragons, or hello kitty.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Riggy wrote:
    I've stated it a goodly number of times that I'm not a huge fan of competitive pvp, yet I will still (to some extent) defend the scaling and rubberbanding, when they function correctly (as far as we can tell) and in a just and fair manner. They are reasonable alternatives to having separate events for people with lower tier rosters.

So this comes up occasionally, and I still have to ask
    Why?
    Why do players at every stage of the game need to be able to compete for the same level of rewards so badly? No other competitive game ever pulls this kinda thing (barring primarily skill-based games like fps/fighters)

I've yet to see a response beyond "Well people's feelings get hurt if they can't get the best rewards on their first day and also $$"

Either keep the flow of progression that is put in place, or just throw it out the window and make everything a three star
    All we have right now is an illusion of progression
  • Clintman wrote:
    Artless wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:

I do not think you are right with your point.

They need you to feel satisfied but hungry. If they leave a temperamental player base Unsatisfied they leave to go play hearthstone, or puzzles and dragons, or hello kitty.

I agree with you. I think I was just trying to be a little more confrontational.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    PvE has been garbage for weeks if not months, but I didn't care. I just used it for some ISO on the side and had my fun in PvP. But now even that is a complete and utter joke. I think I'm also just done with the game. There is no fun to be had left. Just one slap in the face after another. I will stick around till Season 1 ends for my alliance. But if there wasn't a MAJOR change until then, that's it for me. The line has been crossed. **** you devs.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    gamar wrote:
    I'm reallllly not liking the trend towards "1100 for top 10" icon_e_sad.gif
    Even that doesn't cut it, I've had two consecutive PvP events where my scores of 1150+ and 1140+ were not enough for top 10 (Doctor's Orders with Falcon covers and Top Gun with Patch covers). Sure that's some pretty bad luck but it's also because of Season 1 grinding which I personally find silly - are all these people really working off for a single Fury tease cover and Heroic tokens? Silly, silly, silly. Instead of getting more points throughout the entire season they start pushing now. Well guess what - if I notice that I'm in a death bracket again where even a 1200 score won't reliably get me top 10, I will forego shielding at all and just chillax in top 50 and save my HP, since Season rewards are obviously not worth the grind.
  • It's neither bad luck nor only season 1 grinding. You've been bracketed based on you MMR in the last 2 events. You can read up here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7098. Have fun.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    finwe wrote:
    It's neither bad luck nor only season 1 grinding. You've been bracketed based on you MMR in the last 2 events. You can read up here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7098. Have fun.
    I read that thread, but it does not compute, I'm at rank 2000+ something in Shield training. Yes, my PvP MMR is high, but I wouldn't call it unreasonably high or end-game, since I see plenty of non-maxed 3*s and rare 2*s during my playtime, too.
  • Well the exact circumstances how you're bracketed are still unclear. I don't believe SHIELD training rank has anything to do with it. But it's definitely not luck / time based anymore.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    So the main thing that is getting people riled up with PvE is how they're being punished for doing well. Now this is applying to PvP as well? Again I understand wanting to make things harder and giving everyone a chance, but you have people busting their butts off getting over 1000 points and it still isn't enough to get into the top 10 while other brackets have people with 1* rosters getting only 600 points yet winning their bracket.

When the effort you put into something isn't worth the reward you start to get fed up. This seems to be a growing trend among people on this forum.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    finwe wrote:
    Well the exact circumstances how you're bracketed are still unclear. I don't believe SHIELD training rank has anything to do with it. But it's definitely not luck / time based anymore.

I can pretty much confirm with 100% certainty that SHIELD training rank has nothing to do with it. I'm in the Lv100+ enemy camp and my Shield score was less than 100 the whole season up to now.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Puritas wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    I've stated it a goodly number of times that I'm not a huge fan of competitive pvp, yet I will still (to some extent) defend the scaling and rubberbanding, when they function correctly (as far as we can tell) and in a just and fair manner. They are reasonable alternatives to having separate events for people with lower tier rosters.

So this comes up occasionally, and I still have to ask
    Why?
    Why do players at every stage of the game need to be able to compete for the same level of rewards so badly? No other competitive game ever pulls this kinda thing (barring primarily skill-based games like fps/fighters)

I've yet to see a response beyond "Well people's feelings get hurt if they can't get the best rewards on their first day and also $$"

Either keep the flow of progression that is put in place, or just throw it out the window and make everything a three star

Not everyone who takes issue with the distribution of placement 3* covers, is a "newb" crying about not getting a 3/4* cover.

In fact the ONLY way a 1star Mainer or an incomplete-cover 2star player ever gets top 10 in PVP are if they are in a super soft bracket. under any other circumstance they are swiftly knocked back down by sheer roster power of a fully built player. This stawmanning is getting old.

You even said as much the line before: No other proper competition has all weight classes scambling for the same prizes.
    It always leads to cherry tapping and pro level hurt feeling if they lose out to a "newb". It's sloppy if not downright lazy. I get it. its easier to just throw everyone in and let the roster power sort itself out. But how is that really working out? Only a minority of complacents, fanboys, and privileged few are happy about it.

Lets be real 4* characters are a joke, a carrot trophy to aim for. they haven't even bothered to buff Xforce, that speaks for itself. People with maxed or near 3stars only have one way to go: down back to new 3* characters. And a player with 2-3 Fully covered 3 stars will always have the huge advantage over the guy with his army of 85's and half done 3stars.

With the recent changes to the cover distribution, MMRs and the nightmare brackets, the already tedious and unpredictable process of transitioning out of 2star into 3star teams is now even worse.
    That is who is "complaining" about getting the shaft. Not just some Mysterious "entitled newb".

But when you're right, you're right:
    Puritas wrote:
  • I posted the bulk of this in the Krakadoom thread, but I figure it goes here as well.

In PVP now I'm facing 2x85 (or higher) from 0, but I'm only running a max LCap with OBW, sometimes swapping in 102 Pun, but that eats heath packs.

This is making the game less enjoyable. I'm ok fighting big teams after 6-700 points. I expect that. From the start is not fun.

I can see that the devs want the game to always be challenging or something... but what was the point of me playing hard for the last two months to accumulate strength, only to have it thrown back at me? Why make progress at all if it only makes the game harder and more frustrating? Where's the reward?

I'm not expecting it to be easy in the higher range of points, but I sure don't expect to have to play optimally and get punished for a poor cascade at 100 points.

The broken stuff in PVE (I went from ~500 up to 150 after grinding the last refresh in Oscorp City, am down overnight to 300, and I'm still 6k behind the leader), and the changes in PVP will drive me away from the game. I'm guessing it'll take until the end of season 1.

Sad thing is I had contemplated spending more cash in the near future to buy some needed covers. No point in that now since I know it won't make the game more fun, but only more difficult. If the changes are to drive sales, they're having the opposite effect on me. They've actively discouraged me from giving them more money. With what I've spent already I was well past the golden $1 a day IAP that F2P games seem to target. I could not spend any more for months and still be above that. These are the people that are being pushed out. It has the same sort of cash grab feel that cell phone companies employ. They're all geared toward new customer acquisition, not old customer retention.
  • They already have your money, so now just sucks to be you.

Why you think others will not be swindled the same way? The income is from new entrants, old players are more like in the way bashing them down potentially, D3 thinks they segregate hald of them while the other part leaves and the pasture will be fresh and green.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    They already have your money, so now just sucks to be you.

Why you think others will not be swindled the same way? The income is from new entrants, old players are more like in the way bashing them down potentially, D3 thinks they segregate hald of them while the other part leaves and the pasture will be fresh and green.

How much money do they have to make on one game? I know it's a different era of gaming but what happened to paying one price for a game? If I played this game as long as I played fully immersive, graphically dynamic games like COD and battlefield I'll go broke! Granted the blame isn't fully on the dev's and the companies they work for. It'll never change until we as customers stop willingly spending so much of our hard earned dollars on this dog **** they pass of as gaming these days.
  • So now apparently they are screwing us over in PvP with the recent changes that they never even told us about. That's PvE and PvP totally tinykittied.

I honestly think they are just sitting around a table discussing how to best piss off all their customers and make them quit the game.Heres a simple suggestion if they ever do read criticism of their game:

MAKE IT FUN, MAKE IT PLAYABLE
  • So now apparently they are screwing us over in PvP with the recent changes that they never even told us about. That's PvE and PvP totally tinykittied.

I honestly think they are just sitting around a table discussing how to best piss off all their customers and make them quit the game.Heres a simple suggestion if they ever do read criticism of their game:

MAKE IT FUN, MAKE IT PLAYABLE

What stealth changes are you talking about? I am on vacation so my forum reading time is mega limited.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    What stealth changes are you talking about? I am on vacation so my forum reading time is mega limited.
    MMR changes, mostly. A lotta people, even those without L141s, are seeing a solid wall of 2xL85 teams (translation: max Thor/Ares + OBW) right from the start and solid 2xL141 teams soon after. Further, there are strong suspicions that PVP bracketing is now not merely based on entry time, but also based on some form of player strength metric (MMR, roster strength, etc.).
This discussion has been closed.