Show Us Your Best Team! *Update (9/15/17)

Options

Comments

• Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options

Right now my favorite team has to be 5pidey4* Gwen and 4* Miles.

The trick is to grab purple. 5pidey makes webs passively to jump start the team. Activate Miles' purple and all those web tiles fuel the entire team. Miles is hidden and if the match gets out of hand you can Surprise someone or attack with Gwen's Cherry Bomb...both mini nukes with the right card coverage

At any point you can pick and choose how to dismantle your opponents. Matched web tiles bring both AP and health. The more web tiles the stronger Miles gets and the lower cost Gwen becomes. add that with AP generation and I don't see how the computer misuses any color. They are all beneficial and/or.destructive. If all the webs go away, 5pidey starts it all over again.

I have Gwen 2/5/5 Miles 5/4/2 and 5pidey 1/2/0 and I'm hitting WAY above my weight class. I can only imagine what a problem they'll all be fully covered. I only foresee problems with heavy nukers or a 1* Venom team up...but how often do you see those?

Someone give it a try and let me know ;)

Lots of fun.

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* Star Lord
    4* Red Hulk
    4* Cyclops

These were some of my first 4* champs, and I used them together with great success in SHIELD SIM.
    Start by saving all your AP until the opponent activates an ability. Once Star Lord reduces the cost of your abilites you can use Rulk's purple to feed his green, and you can use Cyclops' blue to generate more red AP. Then use Cyclops' yellow to generate a bunch of cheap countdown tiles to make Star Lord's red pack a hefty punch.
    If you need to eliminate some tiles you can use Star Lord's purple instead of Rulk's, and then you have even more countdowns to feed Star Lord's punch. You also have the option to use Cyclops' red to nuke the opponent if you can't get enough countdown tiles out.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

A 3-vs-3 battle of champions where you strategically pick the best heroes or villains to counter the abilities of an opposing team. However, what do you do when you are going in blind? Who will you be facing after the second or fourth enemy wave? Will it be the Dark Avengers? A super powered 4-Star Venom after you were left with a bunch of enemy attack tiles following the ninja battle before? Or perhaps Ultron Prime after waves of Sentries.  

You need a balanced team that is prepared to deal with multiple threats. It is an unlikely alliance of 4-Star characters featuring Captain Marvel, Captain America Peggy Carter, and Sinister Six Member Vulture. This trio comes equipped with both active and passive AP generation, decent Hit Points, an increase in enemy AP requirements just from Peggy Carter's mere “passive” (YELLOW) presence, and powerful strike tile creation from Captain Marvel’s (BLACK) Photonic Barrage followed by a powerful single target nuke. Peggy’s (RED) Ultimate Soldier also delivers a powerful punch regardless of how many protect tiles the enemy has, and Vulture’s (GREEN) can swoop down at one enemy or the whole enemy team if you give his countdown long enough. Peggy also gets people to do as she says (BLUE) with a 3-turn shield stun that targets two enemies, and that shield also leaves behind delayed pain with countdowns that hurt when they expire. All three members of this team leave behind countdowns, but I’m sure a good strategist knows when to trigger Captain Marvel's (YELLOW) executive decision prowess. That strike tile buff after would just be bonus!

True to his villainous form, Vulture can abandon his teammates to a powerful enemy attack temporarily (BLACK), and he could potentially take away from the Captain's Photonic Barrage, but his abilities are cheap, and he can make it up to the team after 2-turns of airborne. He also has that handy Hybrid Tech Slicer (BLUE) that deals damage and removes annoying enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles. If you give him an aerial view, he can remove those pesky invisibility and enemy countdown tiles as well.

Throw in a handy Team-Up and you will be prepared for nearly all battle scenarios. Also, you will not feel too bad about wasting those Pink colored tiles. 

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options

4* War Machine (James Rhodes) (5/3/5)
    4* Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) (5/5/3)
    4* Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) (5/3/5)

Countdowns and cascades! War Machine contributes by creating countdown and attack tiles for teammates who benefit from both. Meanwhile, Coulson plays support, using countdown tiles to steal AP and creating his own AP as they expire. Phil also provides AP with Best Laid Plans and he can Call the Cavalry to provide even more countdown tiles. Carol thrives on teams with numerous friendly countdown and special tiles and her Photonic Barrage will be the knockout punch in many fights with this squad!

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5-5-3 Iceman
    5-5-3 Nova
    3-5-5 Prof X

A really fun team to play.  Powers are all cheap.  Once either Iceman or Nova fires, make the Professor invisible and start buffing.  Full rainbow with two passives and lots of synergy.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

4* Blade (5/5/3)

4* IronMan – Hulkbuster (3/5/5)

3* Cyclops (5/5/3)

Blade is one of my all-time favorite Marvel characters so I’m happy his MPQ version rocks. This line up is all about generating red to let Blade do damage turn after turn. Purple is the only colour not covered, which is a downside. Also Hulkbuster’s blue ability is a detriment for trying to fire off Blade’s green, but it’s still totally worth it. I like this team because it lets me watch tv or listen to podcasts while playing, since really the focus is getting red and just letting the turns finish.

• bchaos
    bchaos Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

A good team requires three things synergy, the ability to win and are fun.  So the team I propose is 4* Agent Coulson , 4* Carol Danvers and 4* Gamora. So you may wonder how they fit the three requirements. First synergy  the most primary synergy of the team is the Gamora special tile rube-goldberg-machine in which gamora creates attack or strike tiles(with either her blue or her black), then Coulson creates a 1 turn countdown tile and once this goes off Carol boosts Gamora's tiles.    There is also the sub synergy of Coulson’s multi countdown tile  creator which will then further boost Gamora’s tiles.  

For part two of the team is it’s ability to win the ability for this team to win does not only come from its rube-goldberg-machine but also because both Carol and Gamora have abilities that either speed up the winning process or hinder the opponent's ability to win. Specifically Gamora multi target stun  that can disable difficult enemies for a short period of time and Carol’s ability to gain more ap into the team's strongest colour.  

Finally we have fun Coulson, Carol, and Gamora are fun not due to the way that watching the rube-goldberg-machine work but also because of their ability to beat several of the strong popular teams.

• Yeaheah
    Yeaheah Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    3 * Deadpool
    3 * Scarlet Witch
    4 * Captain Marvel

Deadpool deserves to be in on top of this list and he deserves to be teamed with strong good looking teammates.
    The combined abilities give great versatility whether you are fighting waves of enemies or strong single opponents. Should things look very bad then SW and C4rol can help order a couple of narwals faster then you can say uh-oh...

Also a low covered Car4l will result in purple being the strongest color which can cause insane purple generation.

*edit* this post has not been edited by anyone
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options

Here is my all-time favorite team:

X-23 535

4* Cyclops 535

4* Totally Awesome Hulk 355

This team makes use out of every color on the board (including team-ups) and they all support one another. They have abilities that accelerate AP collection, big damage, board control, board shake, and even strikes and trap tiles.

Nothing super flashy, just a solid team that has a bit of everything and 3 characters that work well together.

• amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can't help but think of this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNl-lD10BZw
    Image result for its a trap meme

• X_T
    X_T Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4* Peggy Carter    5-3-5
    4* Punisher MAX  5-5-3
    3* Iron Man 40      5-3-5

4-6 moves and its game over. Collect 6 yellow AP and fire Iron Man's Recharge. Once those countdowns resolve you can stun 2 characters with Peggy's blue and take out the unstunned character with Peggy's red. 2 free turns to let Peggy's countdowns resolve and deal crazy damage. If there is anyone left (and usually there isn't) Pun's green ends the match. Opposing teams will never fire a power, especially with Peggy's passive. 
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4*Deadpool
    4*Redhulk
    4*Wolverine

I know Wolverine is squishy but the team up with Deadpool is a lot of fun. Redhulk is a great deterant and helps a lot for a board that is dry of red and black. Deadpools countdown for what and wolverines surgical strike  a are deadly.

They are all annoying to play against, Deadpool especially. He was my first 4* champion, so I'm biased. It's not a Medusa team, so I think I should get a point :wink:
  • squeakybobo
    squeakybobo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4* Coulson
    3* Scarlett Witch
    5* Hawkeye

The goal is to get 6 team up tiles to accelerate Switch count down and cause a crit tile or cascade. The passive AP gain of Hawkeye and Coulson is tremendous and the 5 turn stun from Switch is great for control. Just spam the Hawkeye blue and watch enemies get melted by the numerous Coulson CD tiles. Just keep matching team up tiles and watch the crits and cascades roll in.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Red Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).
    Getting five Yellow is easy, so you can use Carol's yellow every other turn on Witch's count, generating lots of purple for Hulk (or Reality Crush, if you prefer stun). If you got some special tiles (that you can get with Carol's black), you will be boosting them a lot. Hulk's red also provides lots of quickly resolving countdowns for your tile boosts.
    Hulk's green is strong, specially when boosted. While expensive, it has a fixed cost no matter what (so you can fight Peggy Carter, a commonly used character, and your Red Hulk green will be unafected, as it's always 18 AP).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

With less than 24 hours until the end of the contest, here's a friendly reminder to fine-tune your submissions and post your team composition before tomorrow's deadline of 6pm PST!

In addition, remember to double check the length of your descriptions. The maximum length is 500 characters, so make sure it's below that number, otherwise we will unfortunately be unable to accept your entry.

Good luck!
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options

Old Man Logan (OML) 3/5/5

Cloak & Dagger (CD) 5/5/3

Ghost Rider (GR) 5/3/5

This is a boss killing and tanking team. CD will constantly make black tiles to feed GR’s death stare or set up OML. CD making attack tiles also helps chip away damage.  OML tanks his colors for the team while absorbing damage for GR. These days with all the heavy strike tile teams, the damage tally will quickly. When GR is ready, he can fire his one shot kill. The team has two AOE and self-healing characters! This will save on health packs; as the game is not always a sprint, but a marathon.

• aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1* Iron Man Model 35
    1* Modern Black Widow
    1* Classic Hawkeye

The lineup that seeds every roster. The lineup from which all MPQ blessings flow. Can't fade the original rainbow.

(Who am I kidding LOL ... I don't even remember whether the game throws Storm or Hawkeye at you first. 2 out of 3 ain't bad...)

• dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I like to use
    Peggy
    Medusa
    Carol

This all girl team is so versatile.  From the get go Medusa starts chipping away damage.  Build up AP and let Carol and Peggy unleash some damage.  Once that starts the synergy between the 3 starts and soon the match is over.
  • AndrewLordVader_2099
    AndrewLordVader_2099 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lockjaw (5-4-4)
    The Collector (5-3-5)
    Jessica Jones (3-5-5)

Col's mighty yellow powerfully cross-promotes the recent bluray-release of Guardians 2 while drinkhappy JJ is the last vital character missing from the Defenders-Lineup which makes for a nice synergy-effect with a mediocre new Netflix-show. Lockjaw on the other hand is another cuddly-brilliant supporting character that helps us forget about any relevance the X-men might have ever had before Marvel's quarrels with Fox. Buisiness-wise this team is unbeatable and opens up the floodgates for another 45 cross-promotional characters still to be released this year.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4* Rocket & Groot (3-5-5)
    4* Medusa (5-4-4)
    4* Carnage (5-5-3)

This is a big damage team that hits right out of the gate. Rocket & Groot throw out 7 decent strike tiles at the start of the match and between Medusa's Entanglement and Carnage's Alien Insincts, those strike tiles are put to good use. The first opponent can usually be downed in a matter of a few moves. Strike or attack tiles that get matched away gains health or AP for your team. Medusa's purple will steal and enhance enemy strike, attack, or protect tiles, furthering your position. Rocket's green gives you extra match damage + a nice finisher. Other players will avoid this team as you climb the season Simulator. Even if they have a team that can win against you, they won't want to take the beat-down. You won't need health packs with this team as you crush your enemies and see them driven before you.
This discussion has been closed.