Show Us Your Best Team! *Update (9/15/17)

Options

Comments

• Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4* Mr. Fantasic 5/5/3
    4* Agent Coulson 5/5/3
    3* Quicksilver 5/5/3

What harm could a team do with just two support characters and a 3*? But like a classic shell game, this starts out looking like an easy win. Then after a few matches, maybe Mr. F uses his blue, then Coulson fires his purple or Quicksilver his black, and the tiles keep getting swapped around, too fast to follow, until your opponent is stunned or Ko’d by your performance. This team is great fun as you search for ways to keep the chain going, made easy by match making powers in three colors.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Medusa
    Carnage
    4* Luke Cage

Carnage make attack tiles, Medusa adds AP with enemy attack tile matches and heals with team strike tile matches, and LC adds protect tiles and has many team tiles to use for his yellow power that can make it a powerhouse! 

• padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

3* Grey Suit Black Widow

3* Scarlett Witch

4* Professor X (under leveled)

This is the team I use for ALL bosses as they only have 3 turns.

Make sure Prof X is under-leveled so that the strongest color in the team is purple.

Gather 11 purple AP. Usually done by round 3, as SW's Arcane Incantation will help with AP generation (as a match-5 as it will trigger PX's Master Plan... results in decent damage and 4 purple AP).

Cast GSBW's Deceptive Tactics, to make 2 (or more) match-5 with green. This will trigger Master Plan, and give you AP to cast Deceptive Tactics again. Repeat this process until the boss/enemy is dead. Use Sniper Rifle for huge damage once you have 19 green AP.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options

4* Blade 5/5/3
    4* Medusa 5/4/4
    4* Peggy Carter 3/5/5

Rainbow team! Blade's red damage consistently! Medusa heals the team and nearly when the first opponent is downed fire Peggy's blue. So you have 3 rounds to gain red tokens an give the opponent the rest.

I love this team for pvp battles.  And it is a great troll team in Season SHIELD Simulator.

• Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4* Cpt Marvel
    Wasp
    Coulson

Match blue for wasp's passive as fast as you can, create some special tiles with wasp's yellow or c4rol's black. C4rol does the rest. With a little bit of luck and a good board, you win easily and quickly.
  • Drake
    Drake Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4*Peggy
    4*Red Hulk
    3*Iron Man 40

Cheap AP gen, cheap Ap steal and a combination of great single target and AOE. Mix it with Rhulk's tankiness and board shake and peggy's stun and defensive ability to make the enemy team's powers more expensive to win the battle easily.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* Medusa 5/5/3
    4* Rocket 3/5/5
    4* Gamora 5/3/5

This is my go-to big bada boom, speed team. R&G for the strike tiles to get my initial attacks dishing some heavy damage. Gamora to boost R&G's tiles through Guardians of The Galaxy synergy as well as her blue stun to fall back on vs goons or other annoying characters. Medusa's red + R&G's strikes for more damage, her yellow for temp healing when friendly tiles are matched. 
  • Zathael
    Zathael Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite team is Wasp, Medusa, and Bl4de so far.  

Priority is to match yellow, then green, then black, and never match red.  Wasp's cheap yellow constantly flips and empowers the strike/protect tiles, while Bl4de keep generating them.  If keeping red out is an issue, Bl4de's green is a great help as well is Medusa's support when matching the tiles you have to keep you up.

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    3* Doctor Strange
    3* Iron Fist
    4* Nova

This team does so many things well - particular in Story (PVE) mode - and doesn't require a high level (all 4*) team to punch above its weight.

First off - it's rainbow (yay!), with all 6 actives plus some great passives.   Doc Strange yellow is always great, particularly against goons, and also helps heal the team - important since both Doc & IF have relatively lower health.  And of course there is IF black, with a big attack tile just gets stronger and stronger when fueled by Nova's plentiful strike tiles. 

Second - crowd control.  With both Doc Strange Stun and a quick ability to send opponents airborne with Nova, it's easy to keep opponents at bay - often preventing them from firing any big power by timing a quick Yellow/Red combo from Nova or stunning with with Strange. 

It's a very synergistic combo - with IF fueling Nova's black (or his own Fist), and Strange providing great support with boosts of health, passive damage and stunning when an opponent gets ready to unload on you.

It's such a fun and fast team (Nova animations are some of the best in the game!!) that I can fly through a PVE or Boss session with a smile on my face, and even use it for PVP when the characters are boosted as well!!!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    There are three teams I swear by, that aren't yet listed.

4* Venom 3/5/5
    4* Medusa 4/5/4
    4* Cyclops 5/3/5

Venom's weak against red and blue, but Cyke generates AP and removes them from the board. Any time you deal more than 498 damage, a strength 1 protect tile is created for the enemy. Additionally, enemy protect tiles are worth nothing. So....C4ge ain't protectin' **** against this team.

That combo alone is strong. But Medusa and Cyke mean consistent enemy tiles, for AP generation, and guaranteed board shake from Medusa, Venom, and Cyke's blue. THIS TEAM IS STROOOOOOOOOONG.

4* Carol 5/5/3
    4* Star-Lord 5/3/5
    3* Cap 3/5/5

The merit to this team is to have a high leveled Cap. That means you get yellow whenever they match their strongest color. If they fire an ability, you're getting an Executive decision guaranteed. Once you've got Red or Blue and fired Cap's abilities, FIRING EXECUTIVE DECISION NETS YOU RED AND BLUE AP. Add in Carol's black for strike tiles or Cap's blue, and you bolster friendlies super quick.

4* Kingpin 5/3/5
    4* Coulson 4/5/4
    Hawkeye or Deadpool.

Firing friendly timer tiles-a-plenty and generating heaps of countdown tiles is key. With 5* Hawkeye, you're getting so much AP from them. With 3* Hawkeye, they're still "good". With Deadpool. you can use Coulson's purple to switcheroo a purple then fire D-Piddy's purple. Kingpin then sausage-finger's the enemy team to death.

This is obviously best with 5* Cliff, but there are plenty of good players not in the 5* range that make Kingpin-Coulson dreamy.

C4ge PvP Shout-out.

4* Elektra 5/3/5
    4* Iron Fist 3/5/5
    4* Cage 5/5/3

Big damage and stealing the enemy protect tiles, ubering them up to strike tiles. In this iteration, a 5/3/5 IF makes Cage's yellow hit like a truck, but sacrifices black generation from Danny's green.

Dangit. One last team. It's a 5 team trilogy, I tell ya.

I call it "Bloodletting".

3* Cyclops at 3/5/5 Maximum red generation.
    4* Blade at 5/5/3
    4* Riri at 4/5/4, or 4/4/5. You choose to AoE someone with Blade or stun the unstunnable for three turns with her green. Also, she does the charged red tiles.

Alternate in this group is Phoenix, for even more red generation and strike tile strengthening.

This is all about making red from non-red colors. Even Blade's black has use in this group. Alternately, you can use Cyke's black to do respectable damage even in the 4* tier.

Riri's red does respectable split poke, and Blade's constantly making strike tiles and roiding out. 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2* Storm (Classic) 5/5/3
    2* Magento (Marvel Now) 3/5/5
    2* Hawkeye (Modern) 3/5/5

This is my daily Dealpool for both 2* nodes (Under the Sea & Third Time's the Charm)

Collect purple/pink for Magneto's Polarity Shift, you should make at least 1 match-5 by converting selected standard tiles to blue.  If you can't get 2 match 5's, try to get a subsequent cascade.  As a result Hawkeye will fire Speed Shot laying down 4 2-turn countdown tiles.  If Polarity Shift didn't kill the first guy, Speed Shot definitely will.  You should also be close to 11 blue so Storm's Wind Storm will mop up anyone remaining.
  • Killa_Bees
    Killa_Bees Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5* Hawkeye, Agent Coulson, 4* Starlord

Hawkeye: Naturally, I make this combo work.  With 2 powers that I can fire off for only 5 AP each, I put so many arrows out on the board, the opponent just can't keep up.  Plus, whenever one of those timers gets down to 0, I'm gaining 4 more AP towards more arrows.

Agent Coulson: That's true Clint, but you know, each time you shoot an arrow that takes 3 turns to count down, I'm using my Super Secret Tech to put out a countdown tile that takes just 1 turn to count down.  It does a little damage, to the enemy, but hey, it's free.  I also earn a little bit of AP each time a timer expires, and you'll earn AP for my countdown timers too. Your arrows are good, but it's my abilities that really make this thing work. 

Starlord: Nice discussion on who's the 2nd most important to this combo, guys.  I do the real work here, and I pack enough punch to finish the job.  Once the enemy shows us their plan, I start putting out my own countdown timers.  You can earn AP from mine too, but you know what?  My timers earn AP too!  And, they make your powers cheaper.  So, Hawkeye, you think you're fast at 5AP, think how fast you would be at 3AP per arrow?  Plus, once your countdown and Coulson's countdown reach 0, you're getting back 4AP for an arrow that only cost you 3AP to shoot.  I'm clearly the most important, is Everyone With Me?

Hawkeye: At 3AP each I'll be Out of Arrows in no time.  Then I can just go hand to hand and deal thousands of damage for just 3AP!  This is incredible.  But these countdown timers are fragile, even that annoying She-Hulk can match those away, or destroy them.  I'm the only one who fortifies those tiles...

Agent Coulson: You know, even when you go into melee, I'll still put out my countdown timers. I don't have a finite number of those I can use.  And if the board is set up right I unleash my Best Laid Plans.  I can bring in loads of AP, or help protect tiles that we don't want to get matched away.  Or even help match away those pesky invisibility tiles some folks put out.  Oh, and did I mention that it also deals damage?

Starlord: Not as much damage as my red power can do when the board is full of countdown timers.  Why wait 3 turns for Hawkeye's timer to go off, when I can punch them right now?  It's the Oldest Trick in the Book.

Hawkeye: There's only one flaw in this thing.

Starlord: What's that?

Hawkeye: We can't win a cover of mine off of this contest since I'm too valuable...
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Captain America 3/5/5
    3* Iron Man 3/5/5
    3* Hood 3/5/5

This is an awesome control team. Match yellow, cast Iron Mans yellow, and you have enough AP to cast everything else. Captain America can overwrite opponents tiles and has a great stun and damage. And Hood is key, for his AP steal and his intimidation. What really makes this team for me is the idea of Hood successfully intimidating both Steve Rogers and Tony Stark. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    500 characters and you are to only post one team combination, why are people posting multiple teams? Of course I may have disqualified myself as this is my second posting lol but maybe people think this is just a normal thread and not a competition?
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

5* Star Lord

4* Gamora

4* Rocket

Themed team which can do exceptional damage with the strike tiles out and a good cheap stun!  Some overlap in colors but still a fun team especially in pve.

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* Vulture 5/3/5
    4* Cloak and Dagger 5/5/3
    5* Banner/Hulk 3/5/5

Keep Vulture flying and Hulk smashes all the time. Cloak and Dagger gives Vulture flying fuel. This team is fun and hits hard.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Iron Man Hulkbuster 5/5/3
    4* Cyclops 3/5/5
    4* Blade 5/5/3

Cyclops' Uncanny Strategist leads the way to making red for Hulkbuster's Repulsor Punch.

Can't seem to make those red matches, don't worry, Blade can use them passively!

Speaking of passives, are you making those red matches to fuel that Punch?  Great, Blade can use those too until you have enough!

Push comes to shove and grab some black or blue matches.  You'll be covered in red for days!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Brigby does the entry require us to use 3 heroes or 3 villains in the team? Some of the entries are a mix of heroes and villains. (If a mix is allowed, I have several other examples I could use too)
    @OJSP Yes, a mix of heroes and villains is allowed. Keep in mind though, you can only submit one entry, and only the first submission is counted, so make it a good one! :)
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't believe this team wasn't mentioned. I actually had to re-read everything again looking for it. I understand the obvious synergy with HE/Coulson, but throwing in Wasp makes this team 99% unbeatable on offense and allows you to punch WAY above your weight class, even without a fully covered Hawkeye:

5* Hawkeye 5/5/3
    4* Coulson 4/5/4
    4* Wasp 3/5/5

There is only one objective with this team: get 6 blue. Game over. You can beat ANYONE. I took down 550's in Simulator with a 3/3/1 HE.

It is also a great puzzle team--Coulson's purple really allows you to maximize damage/AP generation/board control. It's a great power, not something to use simply because it's ready. Green AP is thrown away in this line up, but every other power is effective. It's easy to stun-lock the entire enemy team with Wasp black. HE fires so many arrows you get to punching people in the face pretty quickly.

Con: it is a slow team. But man it is a lot of fun to play.
  • Cooperman1972
    Cooperman1972 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Medusa 4*
    Invisible woman 4*
    Carnage 4*

You have to take a few hits when I first use these characters but as soon as Carnage throws a few tiles on the board you have a choice. Heal or get rid of enemy tiles to get boost your own powers. The opossing player also aids you with this. 

Even though Medusa will randomly boost purple, blue or green power you are surprised how quickly they build up to use these powers. Invisible woman green and blue can quickly take a player down. 

Invisible woman yellow power used to reduce hits on yourself and keep you invisible as long as possible. Carnage red to hit the team. 

Used right you can keep this team going a long time and also use when injured to save on med packs.
This discussion has been closed.