Show Us Your Best Team! *Update (9/15/17)

Options

Comments

• AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    4* Blade
    4* Wasp
    4* Medusa 

This is my Shield Sim team - I was looking for a team the AI couldn't screw up defensively.

Red is passive for both Medusa and Blade so as soon as you get some red, he's off and running.
    Green can only be used by Blade to chomp with so if he's taking damage, he's getting some healing.
    Yellow can only be used Wasp to buff whatever she and Blade are laying down for strike tiles - either creating a lot of damage with super buffed strike tiles or preventing a lot with super buffed protect tiles - match goes on long enough and there'll be plenty of both laid down.

Meanwhile, nobody is using up Blue, so Wasp is out there stealing a new color ap every turn (and laying a nasty sting trap if you can't avoid matching it due to a cascade).

Black basically becomes lethal for both Wasp and Bl4de, so whoever triggers it moves the match along rapidly.

Pink - can only be used by Medusa, swapping around tiles and gathering up extra AP for free.

Not to mention Medusa's attack tiles/countdown nibbling away and boosted by whatever strike tiles Blade and Wasp are laying out/buffing.

And all along, every time the tiles laid out by Medusa, Wasp, and Blade get eaten, Medusa is healing the team.
    Hey, I just wanted to point out that the rules said "500 characters or less descriptions". You might want to edit that to not get disqualified. :)
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Feels pretty cheap to offer a 4* for letting the consumer do your advertising design for free, saving you tons of money.

Thanks but no thanks.  
  • Bunny
    Bunny Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4* Thor 5/3/5
    3* Ironman 3/5/5
    3* Storm 5/3/5

Just get 6 yellow AP, fire Recharge. During the countdown time trying to get more 2 blue match. When the Recharge tiles go out. You should have AP of 12 red, 18 blue and 9 green. Stun the two of enemies with Thor's blue then kill the last with Smite. Now board should fills with bulk of charged tiles. Storm's Lighting strike will get you a TON of AP as charged tiles provide 3 AP instead of 1. Kill the remaining easily. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a trap!

/ Adrimal  Akbar 
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* thanos
    5*sl
    4* rocket and groot
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yelena, Bagman, 1* Venom.

Need I say more.

• Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll throw in one of the most-fun combinations I had with a recent event:

4* Cloak and Dagger
    4* Mordo
    3* Scarlet Witch

This team is primarily about powering up Mordo: he can use his black as often as possible thanks to Cloak's tile generation, supported by purple from SWitch's countdown firing Mordo's "eraser" (as I like to think of Power with Purpose) and her green grabbing just what you need to complete his blue. Yellow can be used to heal and cleanse enemy strikes from the likes of Muscle mobs, or just do damage. Most of all the team is fast, fun and dynamic and quickly generates the AP needed even though it lacks Red coverage.

--Khanwulf  
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* SL
    4* Coulson
    4* Drax

This team is absolutely amazing for goons. It takes a little bit to get it going, but once it does, you're all set.

CDs give extra damage when they go off, due to Drax. They also supply extra AP, due to Coulson. And one gets created every time a goon launches a power, due to SL.

If goon CDs are about to go off, use Drax Black or SL Purple to destroy or change them. Drax Red does great damage at the outset, or SL Red does great damage later one, once you have numerous CDs set up. Go for it!!!
  • T-rom12
    T-rom12 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* Iron Fist
    4* Blade
    Medusa

IF to get attack tile going. Purple feeds blade black to keep enemy AP in check. 
    Blade to pump up attack tiles with his strikes. Random damage is fun too.
    Medusa to keep healthy and add to attack tile fun while gaining more AP. 
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My favorite team is:
    4* X-Force Wolverine
    3* Iron Fist
    4* Prof. X

I've been playing Marvel Puzzle Quest since day 1. X-Force Wolverine was my first 4* AND my first champion, so he holds a special place in my heart.

I wanted to find a team for him to say viable as I collected the other characters. 3* Iron Fist's purple, Iron Fist of K'un L'un, feeds into Wolvie's black, Surgical Strike, with the possibility of setting off Prof. X's blue, Master Plan. 

With Iron Fist of K'un L'un being only 5 purple as a cost, it comes cheap and quick, setting up a deadly psychic attack and a berserker physical attack. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options

My entry from the referenced thread:

4* Carol, 4* Medusa, 4* Riri

This is a true rainbow team in that there is exactly one single active power in each colour.  This means that both you and AI have no choices to make when it comes to firing powers making it good on offense and defense.

Medusa brings her healing powers, as well as a countdown for Carol buffs and AP generation to feed Riri.

Riri gets Blue from Medusa to feed her strong Red power, and can fire Green (also from Medusa) as a stun when needed.

Carol needs Black so that’s what you focus on collecting, then fire it and with the new strikes on top of some already buffed attacks thanks to Medusa you’re on the way to the win!

• grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Yondu, 4* Rocket & Groot, Cloak & Dagger

Monster strike tiles off the bat, C&D feeding black to Yondu to keep the enemy's AP in check, true healing for both Yondu and C&D, attack tiles from C&D and Yondu's blue to leverage the strike tiles.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the team I run in shield sim

5* Hawkeye 5/5/3
    4* Coulson 5/5/3
    4* XF Deadpool 3/5/5

Hawkeye spam arrows with his blue and red abilities leading to more countdowns from Coulson's support. Deadpool provide cover if someone tries to take out Coulson/Hawkeye with enforcer (great against the bigger 5* teams). Countdown to what also adds more countdown tiles. When Hawkeye fortifies them, you get to double/triple/quadrupole match them. With all these countdown tiles, you are swimming in red/blue ap. if they aren't enough blue tiles to shoot arrows, Coulson has a blue outlet and deadpool has a red outlet. 
  • beardymgh
    beardymgh Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My favorite team for goon matches:

4* Luke Cage
    4* Wasp
    4* X-23

Luke places Protect tiles when a goon fires off a CD tile. Let the tiles build up (maybe 3 or 4) and then launch Wasp's Tactical Intuition, swapping those Protect tiles to boosted Strike tiles. Then sit back and let match damage do most of the work for you. X-23 is there as a secondary attacker.
  • n33fols
    n33fols Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4* Captain Marvel
    4* Coulson
    3* Blade

8 black and the game is over. Blades repeating countdown combined with Marvel buffs his strike tiles to infinity. So many ways to kill the other team- Marvels yellow triggers the countdown, buffing tiles again and triggering Coulsons Super Secret Tech, which deals thousands of damage with the strike tiles and buffs the strike tiles again. Got purple? Put out attack tiles with Blade and watch them climb to 4000 in the blink of an eye. And every countdown that expires? More AP to fuel everything else.

Only issue is that it kills teams insanely quick, you don't get to enjoy it as much as you should!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4* Captain Marvel (5-5-3)
    4* Iceman (5-5-3)
    4* Star-Lord (3-5-5)

Follow the path of a rainbow team and start caroling with Captain Marvel's strike tiles, until you fill the board with presents. Add some switcheroos into the mix, and confuse your enemies with Star-Lord, until winter is coming. Unleash the frost and punch a snowman in the face, gather AP and keep the party going with Iceman. Kree, Guardians, X-Men, you name it - everybody is invited. 

Just remember who you call first, if you want to unwrap your strikes early, or you might want a cold drink beforehand

(Edited for more appeal and 500 limit)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,371 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yelena, Bagman, 1* Venom.

Need I say more.

Yes?

Anyway, my entry (that I may have posted in one of the fun teams/explain your team threads). It may not be a 'favourite' in the sense that I play it all the time, but more as in 'cool, this works' and it's one of my recent discoveries.

Team:
    • 3* DareDevil (3/5/5)
    • Agent Coulson (4/5/4 or 4/4/5 probably works best, but purple should be at level 4 at least (my Coulson was 1/5/0))
    • 4* Gamora (I think 3/5/5 works best, but this already works if you have her passives (my Gamora was 1/2/2))

Explanation: This team is meant to stunlock the enemy and kill them with DD's 'Ambush' and Gamora's instant kill passive.

First, collect enough blue for Daredevil's Billy Club, and fire it to keep the enemy stunned. If you happen to luck into a lot of blue, you can also fire a second billy club, although you can also keep the blue on hand for a strategic extra stun from Gamora in case you need it.

Now, you want to keep gathering team-up AP to keep Agent Coulson's purple passive going. This accelerates Daredevils Billy Club tile(s) giving you extra stuns.

For every Billy club expiration, Coulson's yellow passive well give you extra AP, and all (new) stuns will place purple special tiles by triggering Gamora's blue passive.

Once you collect enough red AP, place DD's ambush traps. They might be matched by the enemy team, but since you're trying to keep the enemy stunned you will probably match them yourself -- they deal a lot of damage and then randomly relocate. If necessary, you can use Coulson's purple power (targeted tile swap!) to help you with this.

Finally, the 'extra kick' in this team is of course trying to trigger Gamora's black instant kill passive. Once you control the board and the enemies, you can try to flood the board with purple special tiles to create an instant kill, preferably against an enemy with a ton of hit points.

/edits: removed errors and pimped description since it's part of the contest and it was a bit sloppy :P
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* Luke Cage
    3* Strange
    4* Gamora

• ohp5000
    ohp5000 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    my favorite team came during patch pvp. 

3* patch
    3* im40
    2* storm

I beat multiple 500 level 5* teams with this group of low level champs. patch and storm were definitely boosted. Im40 may have been. 

once recharge goes off, you can use storm blue to stun one of the 5* characters and storm green to gather more ap for another recharge or more blue. red on this team is a nice nuke, because when Im40 is stunned every tile becomes a wolverine tile. I think it did over 20k damage (it's been a while). 

so the goal is to get recharge and use storm to control the game from there. the teams ability to hit above its weight class (with 4 turn stuns and red nuke, plus ability to feed powers) makes it tons of fun and probably surprising to those big 500 lv teams that get beat by it. 
This discussion has been closed.