Heroic Mode Juggernaut is up!

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    2500+. My last post when he was 2200 was only an hour ago. I wonder if this dude posts on this forum? I sure hope the so-called "rubberbanding" saves me, because 300 points/hour is ridiculous.

Made it to 1250, so got my yellow cover. I don't care about top two, but would love to make top 15. I suspect a lot of folks are going for that yellow at 1250. The question is, how many stop at that point, since a lot of people don't seem to care about grey suit widow?
    How much does the highest repeatable offer?
    Tough to answer since it keeps changing. Roughly 15-20.
    Zathrus wrote:
    Ooh... I haven't done that even once yet. It's at 97 points for me, and I'm currently at 976 points from grinding Imposter over and over again. Plus I need the Red Thor.

Give it a shot. I like that mission. It reminds me of some of the more difficult ones from the original PQ (like the one with the sandworm). If everything goes well, you can get through it easily, but it can also get ugly in quite a hurry.
  • Misguided wrote:
    How much does the highest repeatable offer?
    Tough to answer since it keeps changing. Roughly 15-20.
    Not too bad. Honestly, I don't even know why I joined yesterday. Only played a few games, and really most of my playing will get done on Sunday. But yeah 20/per is certainly better than the Unstable ISO. If the rubberbanding works in my favour, that means less grind for the tiered rewards for me.
  • I probably did a mistake to immediate join. But will see if there will be a chase.

PS: 3000 points. Checked icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Gosh am I happy with my bracket. I don't have much of a need for the 2000+ rewards, but I feel like I might have to get close to there, anyway.

I feel like no lead is very safe in this one, though. Pulling down almost 20 points per mission means you can easily get a few hundred in a sitting. (Or somebody making up 500 points or so while you're at work or sleeping sounds likely.)
  • The rubberband point system is really pulling everyone upward. I think my bracket will end having first place score 5k+. 3k will likely be necessary for top 10
  • Shikao wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    i joined last night after work, and i got into a moderate bracket, seeing none of these 3000 point people. mind you, there still might be there, everyone started around my time so a insane dedicated person might be working himself up my bracket.

I am in your bracket and joined about 4 hrs ago. I guess top 2 will be hard with you and two other crazies... Top 3 is 800+, 4th doesn't even have 400 icon_e_sad.gif

I don't know if it is fair to compare brackets. If you joined a 4 hours ago then it is obvious that people just start playing. 800+ points it is about 200 points per hours so it is not bad. In my bracket people are playing almost one day so 1000+ for 10th place is quite normal.

Edit: Just saw forgrim note that he join last night. Don't know what forgrim timezone is but if you are at one time zone that this sound like easier bracket
  • Misguided wrote:
    Give it a shot. I like that mission. It reminds me of some of the more difficult ones from the original PQ (like the one with the sandworm). If everything goes well, you can get through it easily, but it can also get ugly in quite a hurry.

I don't recall the sandworm... I'm old. icon_razz.gif

But played it just a bit ago and on the 3rd win I not only made 1250 but I got the Red Thor I needed to finish him off. Woohoo!

I noticed you're still climbing up as well -- I'm now in the top 10. I have no illusions about coming in 1/2, but it would be nice to be in the top 15 when this all finishes. Shame it's not over until AFTER the new BW tournament is finished.
  • crawled my way up to 1400 points, sitting at #5. Aiming for 1750 and hopefully that's enough for a top 15 finish.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I don't recall the sandworm... I'm old. icon_razz.gif

But played it just a bit ago and on the 3rd win I not only made 1250 but I got the Red Thor I needed to finish him off. Woohoo!

I noticed you're still climbing up as well -- I'm now in the top 10. I have no illusions about coming in 1/2, but it would be nice to be in the top 15 when this all finishes. Shame it's not over until AFTER the new BW tournament is finished.

The sandworm had an expensive ability...yellow I think, or green...that would swallow you whole, so you had to deny that color at all costs. I think there was also a red ability that created random tokens of the color in question.

Yeah, I haven't decided how high I want to try to get. I'm thinking I will go for the IM40 red at 1750 later. I'm hoping that is enough for top 15, but who knows? The second yellow IM cover would be awesome, but 2500 feels really far away.

I actually have several grey widow covers, so I can level her up a bit for the new tourney, but grinding points in this event is burning through some iso, so I have to try and balance that out. She's also fragile, so not sure how well trying to use your own in the tourney will be. And you could use her to defend, but that means you probably need storm as well, so you don't have high level Thor's one-shooting her immediately, meaning two low HP characters, which sounds too tempting a target.
  • lleywen wrote:
    Anyway for players ,it's a good way to get HP points.
    Repeat the first Three missions agiainst Juggernaut and it's a cool way to get near to 300HP. Still very useful.
    About 380 points then I aim 700 for Iron Man.
    Is there missions with high rewards points other that the ragnarok's one ?

Do the first 3 missions lock after a certain amount of HP wins? The first one locked up pretty fast - think I won gold twice. I have not gotten any HP on the 2nd one yet (doing top one first) and it seems to be letting my play a lot more rounds. What makes the mission lock?
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Do the first 3 missions lock after a certain amount of HP wins? The first one locked up pretty fast - think I won gold twice. I have not gotten any HP on the 2nd one yet (doing top one first) and it seems to be letting my play a lot more rounds. What makes the mission lock?

Only the very first mission locks, the rest you can do as much as you want. Most reduce to 1 point, but the harder ones don't.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:

Only the very first mission locks, the rest you can do as much as you want. Most reduce to 1 point, but the harder ones don't.
    Yeah, but once you get the checkmark, is is still only 20 iso for winning? I only was able to get 100 HP total from it so far, and have all 3 of those checked off
  • right now, not many tring to rake up point in my bracket. got 2000+ point and #2 at 1400+.
  • Finding that in this event I am almost completely impotent, seems unlike most I never levelled c storm, thor, widow etc. So I am struggling to kill things. I guess sinking all my iso in to wolv, magneto, ragnarok, spidey, daken has left me completely screwed for this event!
  • With the way my bracket is going, I expect that you'll need 3000 minimum just to even make top 10. Sigh... I suppose I could use that blue IM40.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know what the other brackets must be doing. I'm over 3000, and getting 25 points per mission, which means I'm likely below average for the spot. How many points could the top players possibly have!?
  • 3000 is enough, except when u got competition for grey suit and hero point at rank1-2. i got 2500 and rnk 1. below me still 1800
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know what the other brackets must be doing. I'm over 3000, and getting 25 points per mission, which means I'm likely below average for the spot. How many points could the top players possibly have!?
    What rank are you? "Rubberband" doesn't seem that significant as I get around the same. I was trying to pace myself and use the rubberband to avoid grind, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    What rank are you? "Rubberband" doesn't seem that significant as I get around the same. I was trying to pace myself and use the rubberband to avoid grind, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm first in my bracket. There's currently a battle for second at the 2300ish points mark, which I suspect will mean they are going to push each other up and start getting close. At 25 points per battle, it doesn't take that long. I also think the rubber banding will get bigger and bigger...wouldn't surprise me if 35 points become the norm when the event ends.
  • Nemek wrote:
    The top position in my bracket is just over 3000. I am currently 13th with 1500 (but am hitting 21 a pop with Digging Deeper, so catching up may be in the cards).