Heroic Mode Juggernaut is up!

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say the opponents themselves are about on par with the unstable ISO missions, but the limitations on characters is what makes it difficult.

I'm at 850 right now, and it doesn't seem like my bracket is making a huge push yet (2nd place is 577 currently.)

In the Unstable missions, I could end most missions at full health. These, though...I generally can't go more than a few fights without needing to do some healing. If I ever need to make a really big push, I'd probably have to go to an 'easy' match in PvP with my spidey and heal from there.

I'm glad Polkio is going to keep that 1st place average point total high for me =P
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, I'd say the opponents themselves are about on par with the unstable ISO missions, but the limitations on characters is what makes it difficult.

I'm at 850 right now, and it doesn't seem like my bracket is making a huge push yet (2nd place is 577 currently.)

In the Unstable missions, I could end most missions at full health. These, though...I generally can't go more than a few fights without needing to do some healing. If I ever need to make a really big push, I'd probably have to go to an 'easy' match in PvP with my spidey and heal from there.

I'm glad Polkio is going to keep that 1st place average point total high for me =P

850 is the top of your bracket? The top guy in mine has 1200. My 850 is good for 5th >_<
  • I think we're in the same bracket DumDumDugn. I'll apologize in advance. Sorry.
  • The middle Daken one at the bottom is pretty easy to farm. Assigned hawkeye as bait, along with classic storm and iron man 40. Boosted up, deliberately match a green if poss to ensure the bait takes enough damage then...

Tempest
    Tempest
    Tempest

Lol
  • Hurray for being in Nemek's bracket. I'm hoping for top 15. I've got 17k Iso just sitting around because I need some ragnarok covers icon_razz.gif or just any solid covers really.
  • I think we're in the same bracket DumDumDugn. I'll apologize in advance. Sorry.

its ok Sps. Your 889 points is acceptable. Zero1017 got 1320 and Onegogh got 1258...not catching them. Hope I can maintain top 15.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    The middle Daken one at the bottom is pretty easy to farm. Assigned hawkeye as bait, along with classic storm and iron man 40. Boosted up, deliberately match a green if poss to ensure the bait takes enough damage then...

Tempest
    Tempest
    Tempest

Lol

amazign strat icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Glad I started late. Im first at 450.. Lol 2nd place is 280. Ill be happy with top 15 I only need 2 covers to max my grey widow.
  • Nemek
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    The middle Daken one at the bottom is pretty easy to farm. Assigned hawkeye as bait, along with classic storm and iron man 40. Boosted up, deliberately match a green if poss to ensure the bait takes enough damage then...

Tempest
    Tempest
    Tempest

Lol

Revolutionary, really.
  • Nemek wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Tempest
    Tempest
    Tempest

Lol

Revolutionary, really.

There is risk if Daken dies before the others, though.
  • Still confused on how this is supposed to work. I've had missions that were completed revert so I could do them again. Is that intended?
  • You know, I was feeling really good about my chances to maybe get up to top two iron this... Then I saw Rug in my bracket. I guess I can settle for top 15 icon_e_wink.gif
  • Nemek
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Still confused on how this is supposed to work. I've had missions that were completed revert so I could do them again. Is that intended?

I've gotten a number of 4/4 missions, and the only one that hasn't been repeatable is the first Jugg mission.

What I think IceIX is getting at is that there are different 'levels' (stacks) for a certain mission.

So for a particular mission, you'll start it when it looks 0/4 and worth 12 points. You'll beat it and it's still 0/4 and worth 6 points. You beat it again and it's once again 0/4, but now worth 1 point. Now it's just like a normal mission you can get the four rewards from.

I guess there would be three 'stacks' for that mission. Once you've completed all of the fights within a 'stack', you move onto the next one. In this case, there are 3 stacks - the first two only having one fight each, and the last one having an infinite number.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Still confused on how this is supposed to work. I've had missions that were completed revert so I could do them again. Is that intended?

I've gotten a number of 4/4 missions, and the only one that hasn't been repeatable is the first Jugg mission.

No, I mean that the mission had a red check mark and said it was completed, then it didn't. I've seen that with the Mission "Full Stop" multiple times.

I'm also concerned about the sliding point adjustments. It sounds as if these are applied by rank. Suppose that the top guy in a bracket had fewer points than the leaders overall, but the other ranks were similar (so there is a smaller gap in that particular bracket). Does that mean that the person at the top is getting bonus points, now helping stretch his lead? The top guy in our bracket has suddenly built a 300 point lead and I'm wondering how, given the most points I can find are 14. It seems to me that any adjustments should be applied per bracket, though I'm dubious about making adjustments at all, given the nature of the event. It simply doesn't seem right that two people could do the same mission at different times and receive different point totals.
  • got in the top 10. strangely there is no competition. i know there are many high level player with 100+ heroes.
    the pve should be not difficult for them. the reward point is nice. after disappointing update about cover. i sense they give hero point more easier in heroic mode.
  • Made it to 1k, going to bed. Anyone else find this event amusing and boring at the same time?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

Tempest
    Tempest
    Tempest

Lol
    ...I guess my c storm is too low level because I got like 4 tempests off, and then everyone was dead. The hawkeye they force on you only can take like 2 attacks.

That's the major problem with this, the very limited hero selection sucks for people who don't have a ton of IM 40 or other guest covers, since you're effectively a man down. Hell, my character selection is basically the guest character, thor, cstorm, the 1* IM and widow, and my 1 cover IM40 . But since he only has one cover, he never gets to attack and use his boost, so I'm wasting a health pack a run. I wish that 1* storm and hawkeye were also options to chose, since the first 2 are beat up from the thor tourney
  • Man my bracket is rough; I'm 10th with 920 pts and 15th is right behind me. Not sure if the extra green widow cover is worth all this grinding...might just settle for 16-30th place.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Man my bracket is rough; I'm 10th with 920 pts and 15th is right behind me. Not sure if the extra green widow cover is worth all this grinding...might just settle for 16-30th place.

Currently sitting #2 at 1076. The guy at the top has over 2000! For reference, our #10 has just over 800. Thing is, it doesn't seem like you lose anything by not doing missions immediately (unlike the red iso-8 event). I'm not so sure some folks aren't going to storm up the boards in a couple of days.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Man my bracket is rough; I'm 10th with 920 pts and 15th is right behind me. Not sure if the extra green widow cover is worth all this grinding...might just settle for 16-30th place.

Currently sitting #2 at 1076. The guy at the top has over 2000! For reference, our #10 has just over 800. Thing is, it doesn't seem like you lose anything by not doing missions immediately (unlike the red iso-8 event). I'm not so sure some folks aren't going to storm up the boards in a couple of days.
    At least unlike PvP, they'd only really be helping themselves with the storming, rather than taking you from 2 to like, 20 over a few mintues