Heroic Mode Juggernaut is up!

Options

Comments

• IronyMan wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

It's also not meant to be a continuation of the story, but just replaying a harder version of it. In the story, these were the characters that were available (sort of).

That's true it's harder for sure. But it feels more like trying to make basketball harder by making you play in a wheelchair rather than letting you play against more experienced players. And while some may have maxed out characters in many different covers, I'm going to assume that many have less points into their heroes. I have 3 or 4 that I usually play with because, while I've spent money, I haven't dropped a lot of cash so I have to power up the ones I use. I didn't really even start using Thor until the recent Thornament and I was lucky enough to get a Mk 40 in the red ISO. So if it wasn't for that, I'd have nobody to use and id just be sitting on the sidelines despite having a team that I've worked on since the game launched

On the one hand, no, you don't get to use the characters you specifically chose to level up if you weren't developing the exact characters in the missions.

On the other hand, it's a change of pace from yet another tournament with frustrating point loss, and it's also PVE missions in a very different environment. It's variety. I'm not psyched I can't use my best characters but I am very happy to have something different to do for a change.
  • oh for the love of pete, please don't tell me the repeatable is a super ez one point mission (simply bc it's gonna drain the living hell out of my battery)

edit: the post i was responding to seems to be deleted.
  • IronyMan
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    On the other hand, it's a change of pace from yet another tournament with frustrating point loss, and it's also PVE missions in a very different environment. It's variety. I'm not psyched I can't use my best characters but I am very happy to have something different to do for a change.

Oh, I don't mind variety, (it's the spice of life, and all that jazz) it's the fact that if I hadn't lucked out with the red ISO tournament and happened to have enough slots to keep adding covers to Thor, despite the fact I wasn't using him, I'd be completely out of this event that I've been waiting so eagerly for.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Just as a note, I'll have some Patch Notes up in a few detailing how some of the Heroic Mode is working. It's got some interesting little behind the scenes things to it that aren't readily visible to users.
  • random question to icex if he's on the forums, do the missions evolve over the day or every single day, etc.?

i'm at work and can't do any of the missions til tonight, or am wondering if i shoudl sneak off to the bathroom and sit in a stall and pound them all out just in case, for the potential of missing something.
  • forgrim wrote:
    oh for the love of pete, please don't tell me the repeatable is a super ez one point mission (simply bc it's gonna drain the living hell out of my battery)

edit: the post i was responding to seems to be deleted.

Sorry fogrim! Can't believe you saw that in the 2 minutes that I had the post up icon_eek.gif

I made a post about a 1 point repeatable but then quickly deleted it because I've since found two more quests to be repeatable for 1 point... Haven't found any high point repeatables yet but I haven't gotten to the tougher missions either. Gonna wait for Ice to put up the patch notes before I speculate any further about how to get to 3000 points lol.
  • Last mission is repeatable for 12, btw.
  • mind stating what the mission entitles? (ie vs what, a high level juggernaut and henchmen?)
  • 117 Daken, 115 Rag, 110 Yelena
  • IceIX
    Options
    Patch notes are up. If you've got any other questions after reading them and poking at the missions for a bit, I'll try to answer them.
  • So to make sure I understand this "rubber banding," inside my own bracket everyone is getting the same points? This mostly only helps other brackets catch up if they started out later?

Or am I misunderstanding?
  • icon_e_biggrin.gif Chance to test out Lv141 Iron Man Mk40. He's making mince meat of these goons...
  • Ice, will certain missions appear and disappear over the course of the tournament, or will all missions be available for all 4 days?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Patch notes are up. If you've got any other questions after reading them and poking at the missions for a bit, I'll try to answer them.
    So this is all that will appear during the four days? If I ignore this and instead focus on the Thor tournament, I won't miss any missions?
  • IceIX
    Options
    cjshrader wrote:
    So to make sure I understand this "rubber banding," inside my own bracket everyone is getting the same points? This mostly only helps other brackets catch up if they started out later?

Sort of. The averages could be different for different places depending on the bracket. If the average for position 50 is 500 points and your bracket's 50 is at 450, they'll get a boost. If for some reason the average for 51 was somehow 400 and your 51 is at that score, they wouldn't get a boost since they're at average. It'd be nearly impossible to create that kind of gap, but it's theoretically possible.

But yes, this helps lower/later brackets to catch up and to have all brackets push higher (in theory, since one user can push up the ceiling and allow others to reach it, then another could take over, etc etc)
  • IceIX
    Options
    JohnduBois wrote:
    So this is all that will appear during the four days? If I ignore this and instead focus on the Thor tournament, I won't miss any missions?
    From the Patch Notes: - Missions are static in this mode unlike Episode 1 where new missions would appear in phases.
    You'll only miss what you don't get to in time from a personal standpoint.
  • Wish I had a high level IM40 :/

anyways the ragnarok missions are definitely doable with storm/thor/IM40, using +3 red/yellow, +3 all, and +20% DA. I wonder though, when it gets down to +10 points, is it worth doing at all over the level 20 juggernaut
  • IceIX wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:
    So to make sure I understand this "rubber banding," inside my own bracket everyone is getting the same points? This mostly only helps other brackets catch up if they started out later?

Sort of. The averages could be different for different places depending on the bracket. If the average for position 50 is 500 points and your bracket's 50 is at 450, they'll get a boost. If for some reason the average for 51 was somehow 400 and your 51 is at that score, they wouldn't get a boost since they're at average. It'd be nearly impossible to create that kind of gap, but it's theoretically possible.

But yes, this helps lower/later brackets to catch up and to have all brackets push higher (in theory, since one user can push up the ceiling and allow others to reach it, then another could take over, etc etc)

So...what you're saying is that we forum goers should coordinate if we're in different brackets so we can reach that 3k goal by taking turns pushing the ceiling up. icon_lol.gif
  • KidInsomnia
    Options
    Anyone else have their 0/4 Rewards not updating on the new Missions???

OCDin hard!!
  • Anyone else have their 0/4 Rewards not updating on the new Missions???

OCDin hard!!
    Once you replay a mission enough to drive the point reward to its minimum, you'll see the "X/4" reward counter start working.