Heroic Mode Juggernaut is up!

Comments

• Oh really? My first Juggy is already down to 1.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Anyone else have their 0/4 Rewards not updating on the new Missions???

OCDin hard!!
    Once you replay a mission enough to drive the point reward to its minimum, you'll see the "X/4" reward counter start working.

This. It seems that, if you get really lucky (or unlucky!), you can get the same reward 4 times over while you drive the point reward to its minimum. I got back to back HP rewards which put a little smile on my face after my back to back Loki pulls.
  • I'm confused how the rating rewards work. Can someone explain the patch notes like I'm 5? Also the UI seems bugged( it displays 0/4 rewards for me all the time till I get 4/4 then I can't repeat them anymore)

I've had jumps between 1-70 points per mission, they don't seem to be infite repeatable. Does that mean people below the average get more value er mission ? That seems kind of unfair if the total number of available repeats is capped. I haven't done all of them yet, so I'm not sure if there are missions that are doable more than 4 times.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,319 Site Admin
    finwe wrote:
    I'm confused how the rating rewards work. Can someone explain the patch notes like I'm 5? Also the UI seems bugged( it displays 0/4 rewards for me all the time till I get 4/4 then I can't repeat them anymore)

I've had jumps between 1-70 points per mission, they don't seem to be infite repeatable. Does that mean people below the average get more value er mission ? That seems kind of unfair if the total number of available repeats is capped. I haven't done all of them yet, so I'm not sure if there are missions that are doable more than 4 times.
    Some are repeatable, others are not. Different missions have different points rewards that decrease as you "drill down" to the final four rewards. People below the average will get more points for those missions in relation to others, but will normalize as they approach and hit the average.
  • IceIX wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    I'm confused how the rating rewards work. Can someone explain the patch notes like I'm 5? Also the UI seems bugged( it displays 0/4 rewards for me all the time till I get 4/4 then I can't repeat them anymore)

Some are repeatable, others are not. Different missions have different points rewards that decrease as you "drill down" to the final four rewards. People below the average will get more points for those missions in relation to others, but will normalize as they approach and hit the average.

So once we hit the final four rewards, will they lock out once we have 4/4? And if not, are we just grinding the 12 point one up to 3000, or will it increase at some point even if you have all 4 rewards?
  • IceIX
    Dslyexic wrote:
    So once we hit the final four rewards, will they lock out once we have 4/4? And if not, are we just grinding the 12 point one up to 3000, or will it increase at some point even if you have all 4 rewards?
    Depends on the mission. Some will lock out, others won't. There's also rubber banding on points that you could see depending on your ranking.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Depends on the mission. Some will lock out, others won't. There's also rubber banding on points that you could see depending on your ranking.

That's what I was curious about. So potentially I'll log on one day and the mission will be worth 17 points instead of 10 because the other leaderboards have pulled ahead?
  • IceIX
    Dslyexic wrote:
    That's what I was curious about. So potentially I'll log on one day and the mission will be worth 17 points instead of 10 because the other leaderboards have pulled ahead?
    It wouldn't change for that running, could change once you complete the mission and the next version of that mission pops up.
  • So basically another mode that promotes last day and last hour pushes?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Dslyexic wrote:
    It wouldn't change for that running, could change once you complete the mission and the next version of that mission pops up.

Do you mean "complete" like play once or "complete" like you can't replay it again.

What do you mean by "next version"?
  • IceIX
    So basically another mode that promotes last day and last hour pushes?
    Given that Episode 1 didn't work out that way, and this pushes it even further from that with normalization across brackets, that's unlikely. If you started at the end of all this and had a group of max level characters and a high number of stocked Health Packs, you *may* be able to push up rankings. I wouldn't bet on it though.
  • IceIX
    Do you mean "complete" like play once or "complete" like you can't replay it again.

Each mission has stacks that you eat through as you play. When you reach the base of that stack, you hit either a repeatable or non-repeatable mission. If you hit a non-repeatable, of course it's not going to change, it's exhausted. If it's repeatable, the points may change the next time you repeat the mission, as the server will poll for your rank and check to see if there's a modification in points needed. It won't poll till it needs to check though, and it only needs to check when the current mission is completed.
  • Geez, getting eaten alive in these PvE missions icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

Each mission has stacks that you eat through as you play. When you reach the base of that stack, you hit either a repeatable or non-repeatable mission. If you hit a non-repeatable, of course it's not going to change, it's exhausted. If it's repeatable, the points may change the next time you repeat the mission, as the server will poll for your rank and check to see if there's a modification in points needed. It won't poll till it needs to check though, and it only needs to check when the current mission is completed.
    Wait, so is there a set number of stacks of each mission, or do they regenerate new ones over time? Because if it's the former, I could see his point; the rubberbanding would make it so those limited stacks are worth more for people who jump in later, right?
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Geez, getting eaten alive in these PvE missions icon_e_sad.gif

You kidding? High level IM 40 does help, but I would have thought you've got a decent enough line up to take care of these. Using boosts, have found the later ones quite manageable, but IM is matching most colours for 400-500 damage, so that must play a part.
  • Anyone is in my bracket?

1000 for today, don't want to fight with anyone decent with forum
  • Polkio wrote:
    Anyone is in my bracket?

I'm in your bracket, but I'm not decent.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Anyone is in my bracket?

Which level are you grinding? I'm at 850 and sick of grinding
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    They're harder than the Unstable ISO ones?
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    They're harder than the Unstable ISO ones?

I'd say they're equal or easier level of difficulty, but the restriction on available heroes makes them harder.