Heroic Mode Juggernaut is up!

Options
Includes some new cover packs in the store too.

Comments

• Finally a free buffed character with all powers and quite high lvl. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • yeah - that is great...

But try selecting your Iron Man Mk. 35 and see what happens. We "can" use him, but he won't bump out the freebie Mk.40.

FIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm not going to complain about anything I'm just happy to have more PvE options! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Go go go!!
  • Will the missions refresh daily again? Busy with the lightning rounds to do both, but don't wanna miss out on missions.
  • Man, what was I thinking? I jumped in early because I wanted to see how it worked, but now I'm in the first group and probably killed me shot at finishing high.

Also, something weird happened with the reward points. I had a mission I already completed jump up to a 50 point reward. Strange.
  • Will the missions refresh daily again? Busy with the lightning rounds to do both, but don't wanna miss out on missions.
    This time it's not even blocking missions after completion, you can do it as many times as you want. Points rewarded are lowered by 1 point for each completion. You can get every reward each time, so if you're lucky it may even be 50HP icon_e_smile.gif On a side note I must say that standard reward tokens must be lucky, because I got 2x Storms Classic in 3 tokens, before that I didn't have even one in maybe 30.
  • Stormheart wrote:
    Will the missions refresh daily again? Busy with the lightning rounds to do both, but don't wanna miss out on missions.
    This time it's not even blocking missions after completion, you can do it as many times as you want. Points rewarded are lowered by 1 point for each completion. You can get every reward each time, so if you're lucky it may even be 50HP icon_e_smile.gif On a side note I must say that standard reward tokens must be lucky, because I got 2x Storms Classic in 3 tokens, before that I didn't have even one in maybe 30.
    They get blocked for me, but not after 1 time like the last event. I think there's a cap of 4 or 5.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Man, what was I thinking? I jumped in early because I wanted to see how it worked, but now I'm in the first group and probably killed me shot at finishing high.

Also, something weird happened with the reward points. I had a mission I already completed jump up to a 50 point reward. Strange.
    I contemplated this too, but I don't recognize any of the names in the top 10. During the Unstable ISO event, I joined early (first 5 mins) and got a moderate bracket.

Edit: I take that back. Once again in Bainee's bracket.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Man, what was I thinking? I jumped in early because I wanted to see how it worked, but now I'm in the first group and probably killed me shot at finishing high.

Did the same despite better knowledge, already see prominent forum users tearing up the top 10 icon_cry.gif
  • Misguided wrote:

I had this same thought just a few minutes too late...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    adamLmpq wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

I had this same thought just a few minutes too late...

I'm sitting here wanting to join so bad, but I still feel like it might be a questionable idea even now since the brackets are so big. I'm a little afraid of it working like the unstable ISO event where the levels reset after awhile and I'll somehow miss something (though, I suspect that's unlikely.)
  • BE SUPER CAREFUL ON "Tracking Thor"

Make sure you use YOUR Thor - not the game given one. I just made that mistake.... icon_evil.gif
  • i have a feeling people all waiting will be like YAY TIME TO GET IN LATE and then...everyone will be matched up with each other in another high bracket lol. (i actually want to jump in but can't while i'm at work)

on that topic, what's this event like, has anyone finished? is it finish all then one is repeatable? or is every single one repeatable to a certain point and then locked for the rest of the day?

edit: and btw, for those who are scared, this is a pve event so the winner is just the person who can spend the most time, not the person who has the best optimal team (altho that helps), so the fear should be lessened.
  • IronyMan
    Options
    Ok so is anyone else a little not completely happy with the setup for the PvE here?
    More PvE: Yay!
    More rewards: Yay!
    You can't use a huge number of your heroes: ****?

I've been excited for this since the moment the update came out and was looking forward to using my new team that I've built up over the weeks take on a real PvE challenge only to have them tell me "Surprise! You have to use exactly who we want you to! All those HP you bought and spent on covers and leveling up your heroes? Better luck next time, fella!"

Just kinda felt like a kick in the balls after waiting for so long. It's fun to have to try and change up who you use every once in a while but to be forced to use the characters they want you to? (Or only use 2 heroes because you don't have the third?)
    Not cool
  • It's the exact missions from the Juggy prologue chapter (higher enemy levels?). Each mission is repeatable but the progression points diminish each time.

Brackets are 1000 players
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'm kind of fine with limiting the characters. For one, it imposes a set amount of difficulty. So, even with the players with 100+ Rags, 100+ Spideys...it's not going to be a cakewalk (though I suspect high-level mk 40s and thors will do it easily...though I haven't seen more than a handful of high-level mk40s). It promotes character diversity from what is generally considered the 'best' team, which keeps things from becoming stagnant.

It's also not meant to be a continuation of the story, but just replaying a harder version of it. In the story, these were the characters that were available (sort of).
  • IronyMan wrote:
    Ok so is anyone else a little not completely happy with the setup for the PvE here?
    More PvE: Yay!
    More rewards: Yay!
    You can't use a huge number of your heroes: ****?

I've been excited for this since the moment the update came out and was looking forward to using my new team that I've built up over the weeks take on a real PvE challenge only to have them tell me "Surprise! You have to use exactly who we want you to! All those HP you bought and spent on covers and leveling up your heroes? Better luck next time, fella!"

Just kinda felt like a kick in the balls after waiting for so long. It's fun to have to try and change up who you use every once in a while but to be forced to use the characters they want you to? (Or only use 2 heroes because you don't have the third?)
    Not cool

And those limited heroes happen to be Thor and C Storm that 90% of the people use. Thanks for rewarding those who try to be different! At least I got my Level 16 Thor up to 50 because of the tournament. Otherwise it would be 16 Thor and 12 C Storm.
  • IronyMan
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

It's also not meant to be a continuation of the story, but just replaying a harder version of it. In the story, these were the characters that were available (sort of).

That's true it's harder for sure. But it feels more like trying to make basketball harder by making you play in a wheelchair rather than letting you play against more experienced players. And while some may have maxed out characters in many different covers, I'm going to assume that many have less points into their heroes. I have 3 or 4 that I usually play with because, while I've spent money, I haven't dropped a lot of cash so I have to power up the ones I use. I didn't really even start using Thor until the recent Thornament and I was lucky enough to get a Mk 40 in the red ISO. So if it wasn't for that, I'd have nobody to use and id just be sitting on the sidelines despite having a team that I've worked on since the game launched
  • Actually, it's playing more experienced players (higher level enemies) in a wheelchair (specific subset of heroes). But yeah, I can see how limiting character choices attempts to balance it between the wide range of players participating.