Heroic Mode Juggernaut is up!

Options

Comments

• forgrim wrote:
    i see you finally hit 3k shikao. if you noticed, i stopped JUST short of our leader so that i didn't spook him (if he sees on the tourney screen that he's still rank 1, hopefully he thinks he still has his big lead). of course, if ppl start moving up or he does too, i'll start up again, but that was why i just stopped there haha. looks like ur doing the same thing tho lol.

Yeah, I wonder what he will do. Was his goal just to reach 3k? Or does he want to be in top 2? icon_e_geek.gif
    It's also funny how current top 3 is only 8 points apart and then fourth player is over 1k behind us icon_mrgreen.gif

Anyway, tomorrow my focus is BW tournament and to be honest, after repeating Rag over 40 times, I had him enough for over 24 hours icon_e_wink.gif
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    So the last Juggernaut mission, "Full Stop" locked out for me after only the second or third run. I got 73 points for it that last time. Now that it's locked, it says it's worth 92 points? icon_e_confused.gif

Did the same thing to me but then was open again when I checked about an hour later. Haven't had a problem since but that was early this morning.
  • cepage wrote:
    These people are crazy though with their pacing. Haven't they heard slow and steady wins the race? lol theres 2 and a half days left still. Still sitting at 1k, not wasting boosts or packs. 3k should be doable with the same pace without resorting to boosts.

I'm very curious how you are able to farm Ragnarok missions without resorting to boosts. With the allowed characters, you are going to have to accumulate some AP in order to dish out 10,000+ of damage. It's easy to say "don't let Ragnarok match red and don't let Daken match green", but sometimes the luck of the draw means there is nothing you can do, and they will cause you to eat through health packs between matches.

Not proud of the strategy but I'm using a Lvl85 Thor, Lvl74ish cStorm and the default Hawkeye (mine has avoid). It's easier if there is a green match early but even on the worst boards you can usually get a few enviro/purple matches. Tempest takes care of Yelena, and powers Mjolnir to down Daken which powers thunder strike to finish off Rags.

At 2522 right now and haven't used any boosts or health packs outside of the five that everyone has. I've been defeated three or four times but all those matches I went in with sub50% health for my players.

Same strat beezer, and btw you came out of nowhere this morning. Mooch and I were sitting comfortably in 1-2 until you jumped right up there with us. Good job.

I hit 3k reward which is the main thing I wanted from the tournament so I probably wont be grinding away as long as I'm in the top 15. However, that 100% completion is tempting.
  • ozkaros wrote:
    Same strat beezer, and btw you came out of nowhere this morning. Mooch and I were sitting comfortably in 1-2 until you jumped right up there with us. Good job.

I hit 3k reward which is the main thing I wanted from the tournament so I probably wont be grinding away as long as I'm in the top 15. However, that 100% completion is tempting.

Thanks, I usually only get time to grind on the weekends. Going for 3000 and 100% as well and I'll see where everyone else is at that point.
  • Just made 2500... woohoo.

However, as I've been leveling up my Thor still I suddenly ran into a... difficulty... with the standard method of using Thor/C Storm/throwaway hawkeye -- at L77 Thor takes over Purple tiles from Hawkeye, reducing Hawkeye to using env tiles to get up front.

This makes getting him up front a lot more difficult... others have said they ground out Imposter or Who is This Clown w/ higher level Thor/C Storm with barely having to touch their health packs -- I wind up using a health pack every 4 or so runs on Thor (or I chance it and then have a 50/50 chance of getting to use 2 health packs instead...).

So how are you doing that? For Imposter I'm just using the HAMMER boost; for Clown I use Dark Avengers, +20% yellow/red, and maybe another. Is there something I'm missing?
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    So the last Juggernaut mission, "Full Stop" locked out for me after only the second or third run. I got 73 points for it that last time. Now that it's locked, it says it's worth 92 points? icon_e_confused.gif

Did the same thing to me but then was open again when I checked about an hour later. Haven't had a problem since but that was early this morning.

Still locked for me. On the bright side, the Daken/Ragnarok/Yelena mission seems to be holding at 28 points for me, so I can keep doing that one for now. At least, until health packs run out. Farming easy ISO for boosts while the health packs regen.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm sitting just over 3k in 3rd and not sure if I want to fight for that top spot ATM I'm kinda just drained after farming that out. As long as I'm in the top 15 I'll be happy.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Just made 2500... woohoo.

Congrats! Nah, you aren't missing anything. I still use health packs, but I haven't bought any. I did use a ton of boosts, though, as I've already said.
  • Zathrus wrote:

However, as I've been leveling up my Thor still I suddenly ran into a... difficulty... with the standard method of using Thor/C Storm/throwaway hawkeye -- at L77 Thor takes over Purple tiles from Hawkeye, reducing Hawkeye to using env tiles to get up front.

This makes getting him up front a lot more difficult... others have said they ground out Imposter or Who is This Clown w/ higher level Thor/C Storm with barely having to touch their health packs -- I wind up using a health pack every 4 or so runs on Thor (or I chance it and then have a 50/50 chance of getting to use 2 health packs instead...).

So how are you doing that? For Imposter I'm just using the HAMMER boost; for Clown I use Dark Avengers, +20% yellow/red, and maybe another. Is there something I'm missing?
    I'm not even using boosts on Imposter. Using a health pack maybe every 10?
  • You've got Storm and Thor maxed though. I've spread my iso around way too much. I've got another three characters between 40-50, 2 more at 35, etc.
  • Misguided wrote:
    You've got Storm and Thor maxed though. I've spread my iso around way too much. I've got another three characters between 40-50, 2 more at 35, etc.
    Having maxed characters in this situation is actually somewhat harmful in this case since you want the greatest number of chances for the bait character to make matches. With maxed Thor and Storm, your only Hawkeye match is environment tiles.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it's a level thing. I have a level 30 storm and was able to get a good 4-5 tempests, but still was only able to get halfway through dakens health before he demolished my thor in imposter
  • Zathrus wrote:

Odd, on Who is This Clown the Hawkeye I'm given has a 19 purple. My maxed out Thor has 9 purple.
  • cepage wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    These people are crazy though with their pacing. Haven't they heard slow and steady wins the race? lol theres 2 and a half days left still. Still sitting at 1k, not wasting boosts or packs. 3k should be doable with the same pace without resorting to boosts.

I'm very curious how you are able to farm Ragnarok missions without resorting to boosts. With the allowed characters, you are going to have to accumulate some AP in order to dish out 10,000+ of damage. It's easy to say "don't let Ragnarok match red and don't let Daken match green", but sometimes the luck of the draw means there is nothing you can do, and they will cause you to eat through health packs between matches.

Easy. Making mince meat of the final Ragnarok mission.

Level 141 Iron Man Model 40, Level 85 Classic Storm, Default Hawkeye.

Purple and environmental tiles belong to Hawkeye. If there is a match 4 available, look for a hawkeye match - Raging Tempest activated (at least once). If not, try to match a green to set off Daken's passive. Any Hawkeye match for me whilst there are strike tiles on the board will then immediately lead to Raging Tempest. Before you know it, Daken and Belova are down and Ragnarok is left standing... momentarily like, as Iron Man 40 finishes him off with Unibeam. No boosts needed. Even on the worst boards, I'm not sustaining any more than half damage. Any healing undertaken by Spider-Man in one of the prologue missions, so don't even need health packs.

Didn't play at all yesterday, dropped to 24 on our board. One hour this morning, zoomed up to 2000 points and 2nd place. Top has just over 3000.
  • slow competition in some bracket. in my bracket after rank#1 for 2 days, finally taken by someone sprinting at 5000+ point! maybe to ensure top 2 finish. 3000 point is enough for the sake of reward IM40. but after getting to top 5, it's logic to stay at the top 2, when possible.and then black widow original tournament came...got to choose
  • ozkaros wrote:

What do you meen by 100% completion? Be at 1-2 place at the end of tournament? Or you get seomthing special by doing all missions and geting 4/4 rewards
  • This is louzy. I started at the beginning. Finishing all. Repeating all multiple times and barely got me 1250 points. Players starting late. Doin all once ending up over 1500 points....something is off here.
  • ozkaros wrote:

Lucky me - I'm in your bracket just fighting to stay in the top 15, fighting the Dakon level because the Rag ones are a bit of a **** shoot. Wish I had a better team! *shakes fist in jealousy*
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    This is louzy. I started at the beginning. Finishing all. Repeating all multiple times and barely got me 1250 points. Players starting late. Doin all once ending up over 1500 points....something is off here.

Yeah, I don't know if I'm pleased that the rewards have gone up so much. Benefit: better chance of getting to 3k, and it's nice if casual players didn't check when the tourney started. Downside: early players get messed up. Again. Even without point loss from competition.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    This is louzy. I started at the beginning. Finishing all. Repeating all multiple times and barely got me 1250 points. Players starting late. Doin all once ending up over 1500 points....something is off here.
    I guess rubberbanding does help then. I still haven't beaten all the missions and I'm at 1500. Been farming low ends for 100% completion. The last mission will give me ~200 points in a single completion which I'm saving for the last day. If I'm lucky enough, it will rise to 300. I estimate ~500-600 points for just 4 completions. In the meantime, I'm happy farming the lower ends for 20 points each.