Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Options

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best QoL improvement ever. Now just ScL9-10 and upping the shield rank maximum (hi from level 124)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke said:

<snip>

The developers have done a huge favor to all players with big rosters so that they not only dominate PVP but also PVE. It seems to me that 4*-players like us who'll cut off from much needed ISO, CP and covers don't matter.
    Covers, I will grant you. Yes, our chances of getting them from placement are reduced. ISO and CP, on the other hand, will hardly change. There are, of course, some awarded for placement too, but hardly game-shattering quantities.

I occasionally get T10 placement, but more frequently miss it. In spite of that, I picked up 9 4* covers in the past two days, from a combination of token pulls (including heroics and event tokens), progression and champ rewards. The loss of potential placement covers isn't nothing, but it's also not everything. For me, and I know I don't speak for everyone with a 4* roster, the benefits of faster clears far outweigh that downside.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Huge difference beween 7th and 8th level compensated with few tiny placement rewards and 0 change in progression rewards or node rewards...
    I am not sure how i feel about this - Any significant reason why should i chose SCL 8?
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options

Considering the change to SCL7 was pretty minimal, I'm hoping that things won't be changing too much. Hopefully with scaling being dialed back to a reasonable amount for the 5* players, most will move up to 8, and we'll still have a shot at top 10. All I know is, last time this testing was in effect, whales were getting their 4 clears within 20 minutes, and I was still working on clearing the 3 essential nodes...

It's going to be a mad dash to get those 4 clears even more than it used to be. 5* Thanos will be more important than ever if you even want a shot.

With that said, I really am happy for the 5* guys and gals. The game should reward you for your time and money spent, not punish you with brutal scaling. When SCL 10 opens up and 5* covers start to be rewarded for placement (it's bound to happen, right?), I'm sure we'll all get to ride the gravy train together into the sunset.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options

Well, time to champ Black Panther and Dr. Strange.

• Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you. These numbers look like good. Can't wait to give them a try.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not a fan of this change. Scaling is better than the tests, but I like some challenge in playing. There is now a negative incentive for me to make my roster stronger. If I wanted a cakewalk where you don't have to think about strategy, I'd play candy crush.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    shardwick said:

Yeah, if I pretty much kill myself and play as optimally as possible I can maybe squeeze into the top 10 to get those sweet sweet 4s if I don't run out of time. Usually though I'm gonna finish probably at 13th or 14th. And that's still playing pretty optimally. 
    For Webbed Wonder I've been managing to make my initial clears pretty quickly, but because I entered the 4am bracket (so I could do my first 4 clears on the train into work, yes, I start work fething early), I can't do my final clears at 3am. So I do them at 10pm when I go to bed. This morning I knocked out Duck be a Lady's first 4 clears inside an hour and while I'm currently #2 in that chapter (ok, now #3, in the time it took me to write & proof this) I'm at #19 for the event overall because I'm not clearing optimally, i.e., I'm not fitting my life around this game.

That said, I'm not bothered by missing out on T10 or even T20 either. I'm 500 pts away from getting the Blue R&G cover, and I'll get the 22CP progression reward, so that's another 4* cover, but even with that I doubt I'll finish in T10. I've got every progression reward before on more than a few occasions and the top players are still typically several thousand points ahead of me, with the top 3-5 usually being 10,000 or more.

But it's all good. I'm playing this game like a Superhero version of Pokemon, and so far I'm doing alright. I have my Juggernaut, my 2* farm, every 3* and all are Championed, every 4* with 9 of them Championed, and while none of my 5* Heromons are Championed I have "caught 'em all" with the exception of Star-Lord and Spider-Mon ;)
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby Is there a reason why only the top 50 SCL7 get a 3* but top 300 in SCL8 get the 3*?

also when are they going to give the top 50 in SCL 7 & 8 a 4*?  Surely the whole point of the SCL is to target rewards to the levels and most players in 7 & 8 need 4* more than 3*.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!!

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    ADChaos said:
    I'm not quite sure why people think they're so screwed for 4* development now. T10 finishes aren't actually necessary for it, in my experience.
    Big second on this.  I've only been playing for about 1.5 years and I've champed almost 50% of the 4* and have 4 waiting on ISO.  I never hit T10 in PvE or PvP due to silly dev imposed play times that don't work for me.

Alsmir said:
    Without locking people to CLs and/or introducing CL9, 10 it's a bad change.
    If they locked CLs this would be a horrible change.  Thanks devs for not listening to silliness like this!
    I'm curious, and I hope you don't mind me asking. From what I can figure, you're about 90 days ahead of me, which isn't much of a head start in this game, yet you've got about half the 4*s champed with another 4 waiting, and apparently none of that progress has come from placement. 

Meanwhile, I've got about a quarter of the 4*s champed with two waiting, and I've been doing decent when it comes to placement for probably the past six months or so. 

If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen you mention you hoard CP and LTs, but I could be confusing you with someone else. I guess I'm trying to figure out where the majority of your progress comes from if it's not placement and you're (maybe) not pulling LTs and CP. 

I hoard off and on myself, and am in the middle of that process right now, so the main source of 4* progress for me right now is placement, since I'm not pulling LTs and CP.

But I must be doing something wrong, because I doubt that I'll have twice as many champs as I do now in three months, even with placement. I had been averaging about two or three a month with placement, but that will likely be severely curtailed.

And please don't take this in an accusatory manner. I'm genuinely curious if there's something I could be doing differently. You seem to have a better roster than I do, all from little to no placement. I would like to know how I can manage that, because that will likely be reality for me for the foreseeable future, and I would like to maintain the sense of progress I've felt up to this point. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm very excited for this change.  Thanks!
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    [cries tears of joy]. I suspect I will end up down an SCL level for now, but I will happily take it for the time back in my life. Which I'll probably go spend trying to PVP better. lol.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have a question: will the rewards for each sub remain the same? Is it possible for the devs to give 100 hp to the top 100 or 200 at SCL7 and 8 for each sub, not just to the top 50?- many of those who are just transitioning to the 4* tier still need hp for rooster spots and it's quite likely we'll be a little lower in the placement with this change. Thanks!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    ADChaos said:
    I'm not quite sure why people think they're so screwed for 4* development now. T10 finishes aren't actually necessary for it, in my experience.
    Big second on this.  I've only been playing for about 1.5 years and I've champed almost 50% of the 4* and have 4 waiting on ISO.  I never hit T10 in PvE or PvP due to silly dev imposed play times that don't work for me.

Alsmir said:
    Without locking people to CLs and/or introducing CL9, 10 it's a bad change.
    If they locked CLs this would be a horrible change.  Thanks devs for not listening to silliness like this!
    I'm curious, and I hope you don't mind me asking. From what I can figure, you're about 90 days ahead of me, which isn't much of a head start in this game, yet you've got about half the 4*s champed with another 4 waiting, and apparently none of that progress has come from placement. 

Meanwhile, I've got about a quarter of the 4*s champed with two waiting, and I've been doing decent when it comes to placement for probably the past six months or so. 

If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen you mention you hoard CP and LTs, but I could be confusing you with someone else. I guess I'm trying to figure out where the majority of your progress comes from if it's not placement and you're (maybe) not pulling LTs and CP. 

I hoard off and on myself, and am in the middle of that process right now, so the main source of 4* progress for me right now is placement, since I'm not pulling LTs and CP.

But I must be doing something wrong, because I doubt that I'll have twice as many champs as I do now in three months, even with placement. I had been averaging about two or three a month with placement, but that will likely be severely curtailed.

And please don't take this in an accusatory manner. I'm genuinely curious if there's something I could be doing differently. You seem too have a better roster than I do, all from little to no placement. I would like to know how I can manage that, because that will likely be reality for me for the foreseeable future, and I would lunge to maintain the sense of progress I've felt up to this point. 
    I'm on day 662, I have 31 champ 4s and 13 more fully covered waiting on iso. I have a Flaptain in queue (couple days for #32) and two Antman, So inside two weeks I'll have 33 champ 4s. I've NEVER placed t10, always go CL8 since it opened. The closest I've come to t10 is the CL test for TaT when I finished #14. I'm hoarding LT and CP now (15/1426). I expect by the end of the year I'll pull my hoard and have most to all 4s champed and a few 5s,
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well still not thrilled about the rewards issue between SCL 7 and 8. Not sure why you wouldn't play SCL 7 over 8 just about every time unless you are a top 10 player due to the time sink that this game is.  I usually place top 15-40   right now in SCL 8 and the only thing I miss out on is 2000 iso for event placement and perhaps a 3* cover and elite token?  For a whole lot easier and faster nodes?  My time is way more valuable than 2000 iso so I will probably be playing SCL 7, even though my roster can easily handle SCL 8 at these levels the time I can save at the lower scaling is probably at least 25% for full clears. It sucks for rosters that truly should be playing SCL 7 (unlike mine) but until they fix the rewards system, I am not going to spend more time playing SCL 8 for a few additional paltry placement rewards.  Don't get me wrong though, overall I do like the SCL scaling idea, I just think it really hurts lower level rosters who will get pushed out of placement from players like me. One additional repercussion of this is that PvE getting a whole lot easier on the top end, I think Thanos will become a must since now speed of clears will probably be the defining element, even more than it is now, for top 10 placement along with even more grinding lol. It also appears that developed 4* rosters won't have any challenge in PvE anymore until higher SCL's are opened up from the looks of the maximum scaling in SCL 8 only being 330?