Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    @broll

931 in Hooked on a Feeling- 9th place
    951 in First Avenger- 12th place
    1009 in Weapon Tex-mex- 13th place

all S1, CL8
    I miss those baby brackets :(
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    @broll

931 in Hooked on a Feeling- 9th place
    951 in First Avenger- 12th place
    1009 in Weapon Tex-mex- 13th place

all S1, CL8
    I miss those baby brackets :(
    HAHA!! I'm still loving them!!!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rockin and a rolling! Like, like, like!!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP needs a dual system put in place yesterday. All who are "willing" to put in the time to crank out enough wins or throw down some hp to shield hop to 900-1200 deserve the best progression rewards.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I just wanted to thank you guys so much! I love the recent changes that look like you guys are putting a lot of care into the game. So much so that I bought VIP for the first time ever this month.

I know there is still plenty that needs to be done to make the game closer to perfect, but I'm happy so far!
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    Overall, regardless of how small the % is, 4* players, who need those covers to make progress will take a hit while 5* take covers they don't really need just to save a few minutes. We'll see how it goes once this goes live, hopefully i'm wrong and everybody wins.
    "A few minutes". It's like 2 hours a day. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    FokaiHI said:
    jgomes32 said:
    Overall, regardless of how small the % is, 4* players, who need those covers to make progress will take a hit while 5* take covers they don't really need just to save a few minutes. We'll see how it goes once this goes live, hopefully i'm wrong and everybody wins.
    If you take two hours you're doing something wrong. Most of my brackets i'm alone with 2 maybe 3 other 4* the rest is 5* rosters and they take 40-60min tops. 
  • FokaiHI
    jgomes32 said:
    FokaiHI said:
    jgomes32 said:
    If you take two hours you're doing something wrong. Most of my brackets i'm alone with 2 maybe 3 other 4* the rest is 5* rosters and they take 40-60min tops. 
    I never said my 5* roster was overly developed. No BB or DrS. HE takes forever. BP can be limited. Thanos uses all of my health packs. Either way, maybe now I can progress doing pve now to stack those sought after 4*s to get more cp and LTs to use to try and better my weak 5* roster. 
  • jgomes32
    FokaiHI said:
    jgomes32 said:
    FokaiHI said:
    jgomes32 said:
    I never said my 5* roster was overly developed. No BB or DrS. HE takes forever. BP can be limited. Thanos uses all of my health packs. Either way, maybe now I can progress doing pve now to stack those sought after 4*s to get more cp and LTs to use to try and better my weak 5* roster. 
    Yes, the best thing out if this is 5* rosters exploring more of the roster. Part of why i'm not in a hurry to get 5* champed is the lack of diversity in gameplay (and that i need to have two good ones for PvP). Hope you enjoy it.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    FokaiHI said:
    jgomes32 said:
    I have one champed 5* and a bunch of champed 4s. My higher level enemies are closing in on level 400 with the current scaling. The initial 4 clears is an hour with good boosted 4s, but it's still usually closer to an hour and a half most days. Three additional clears of maxed out enemies often was close to another hour. Test runs, both dropped to <30 minutes. Many people will save well over an hour a day with the change.
  • FokaiHI
    I'm happy. I'm not the one whining. 
  • jgomes32
    edited August 2017
    FokaiHI said:
    I'm happy. I'm not the one whining. 
    What are you talking about? If this is directed towards me, i'm not whining because i have a different opinion. Not to mention it's only my initial thoughts, at first impression i don't like the change. I understand and respect your side and truly hope it makes your experience better.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 said:
    FokaiHI said:
    jgomes32 said:
    I did my first 4 clears in Howard this morning in probably 45-50 minutes, and with nine 4* Champions I'd say I'm just transitioning into the 4* game. Admittedly two of those Champions are Medusa and Star-Lord, which when paired up with a half-covered boosted 4* R&G they were kicking ****. When I was done, just for giggles I took them to the SHIELD Simulator, and even not boosted they still did alright.

Re: jgomes32's comment, it's possible that by "2 hours a day" they meant 1 hour for the first 4 clears, and a second hour 23-hours later for the remaining 3+ clears.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Any time there is a change the side that likes the change will always accuse the other side of whining and not understanding how awesome the change really is, however they don't care they just want the change without modification. Right now SCL scaling boosts a certain group unreasonably and damages another group. No matter the size of those groups or how morally superior the group that won believes itself to be, the change must be altered to bring balance.  You can't run a business by pleasing one group.  Change will come eventually.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I speak as someone who is still building 4*s. I don't have a good enough roster to earn 4*s on PVP nor I do have the power necessary to score within the first 10 of PVE to earn 4*s. So I basically have to rely on progression rewards for 4*s and wait for PVP to award 4*s for wins instead of score.
    All the whining comes from people who is strong enough to chomp down the 4*s and leave the weak to remain weak. So yeah I am very much looking forward to both Scaling tied to SCL and PVP rewards based on wins. I have no love lost for the mighty who whine.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends. They may well have SCL9 around the corner, which would make the change they have made understandable. The gulf between the scaling from SCL7 & 8 was far too big under the previous test. By shrinking the gap down, it suggests to me they have SCL9 in the pipeline that will include 400+ scaling. If that is the case, then this has been done perfectly. 
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    sh81 said
    Part 2 is this, while its great 5*s can play PVE, how BORING IS THAT?!  Seriously, Ive made the comparison to DDQ but I think its valid.  I play DDQ in about 10 minutes daily, its a procession, its not interesting, and I do it only for the rewards.  That is what PVE will be to 5*s now.

I mean, are you really playing PVE because of how engaging and interesting it is? It's the same events, same enemies, over and over again, and you get maybe two new events a YEAR. PVE is a mindless slog, and it just got a whole lot less time-consuming for a whole lot of people.