Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Options

Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well progression reward is better ok cl8
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No fix for sniping yet.... This is a very bad way to run a game. Fix one system even though you have not fixed the issues it creates. SC scaling is great, letting 125 level people in CL 6 for their 2 star farms is sheer lunacy.  Just lock out characters from each CL,  8 and  9 you can play every character, 7 you can't play 5 stars, CL6 no 5s or 4 star champs except the essential 4, CL 5 no 4s or 5s. That should fix it.
    Hah, you guys whine that pve even has placement rewards... then whine if someone beats you out of those placement rewards.

Ignore the placement and play progression.

Why so you lofty vets can just pull farther and farther away creating even more of a have have not situation in which those with 1000 days in game push for more and more exclusive content?

Yes, i would like them to remove placement but increase the progression rewards because its PVE, not pvp, fighting for placement is competition against others.

But they wont do that because it will reward too many people too much. So now they just create a system where the vets are happy and to tiny kitty with the rest of the community.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As a non-vet (since I only have 1 4* champ and of that only because of vaulting) even I find the power creep through fast rewards a bit concerning. I can see the end game already like the other one I used to play. The power creep got so bad unless you were logged in 6 hours a day even the vets fell behind and I played that one for 5y almost since its beginnings. 

If they had separated the levels better they wouldn't have to give away so much so the new players feel caught up. So I hope they do use SCL to have some sort of divider to protect the lower levels from preying higher rosters. 
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm actually going to reevaluate my roster and consider putting iso into my 5*s if this system holds.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The new numbers for SCL8 are very close to what I'm facing now, so it will not be as much of a step up as the test events were.

That being said, I'll still probably drop to SCL7 for every event that is not a 7 Day event.

If I can expect to be forced out of my regular T10 placement, I might as well make the progression aspect a hell of a lot easier.

Maybe then I'll stop worrying about placement and actually have fun playing this game again.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No fix for sniping yet.... This is a very bad way to run a game. Fix one system even though you have not fixed the issues it creates. SC scaling is great, letting 125 level people in CL 6 for their 2 star farms is sheer lunacy.  Just lock out characters from each CL,  8 and  9 you can play every character, 7 you can't play 5 stars, CL6 no 5s or 4 star champs except the essential 4, CL 5 no 4s or 5s. That should fix it.
    Hah, you guys whine that pve even has placement rewards... then whine if someone beats you out of those placement rewards.

Ignore the placement and play progression.

Why so you lofty vets can just pull farther and farther away creating even more of a have have not situation in which those with 1000 days in game push for more and more exclusive content?

Yes, i would like them to remove placement but increase the progression rewards because its PVE, not pvp, fighting for placement is competition against others.

But they wont do that because it will reward too many people too much. So now they just create a system where the vets are happy and to tiny kitty with the rest of the community.
    This??? After the Divine pvp event? Cmon bro. Pve scaling for 5* rosters are crazy. I may not play for placement, but I don't like doing 2 hrs instead of 1 hr with a 4* roster. I didn't build my roster to play longer. Btw, it doesn't even hurt a good 4* roster. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Too bad everyone else still has to play the same amount of time as before or live with (now even further nerfed) lower rewards.

Edit: Not that I'm against the change, but for a large majority of players, this won't bring a significant benefit.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    ADChaos said:
    I'm not quite sure why people think they're so screwed for 4* development now. T10 finishes aren't actually necessary for it, in my experience.
    I just did in my post. I typically get T5 or T10 in SCL 7 or 8 each event. With an average of two events per week, that's an extra 8-24 4* covers per month. If that's not enough to hamper your 4* progress, then you're playing at a different level than me, because that will certainly slow me down, big time. 

Perfect example: This most recent event (Meet Rocket and Groot) I ended up in 32nd place overall, due to very unfortunate timing of IRL conflicts for my very last grind; I managed to do only about half of it. Had I gotten my typical T10, I would be able to champ G4ocket with the progression cover from Webbed Wonder. T5, I could have champed them right away. Now they'll be stuck at 12 covers for the foreseeable future. 

In both tests they ran, I think I finished somewhere in the 20s or 30s for placement, so pretty much where I just ended up in MR&G. If that pattern holds, that means a lot fewer covers earned and much slower progress overall. 

Time to level that Panthos, if you want to keep competing with the big boys, then.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This must rank as one of the best changes D3 have ever made in this game.
    Was beginning to think it would never happen.
    Just sad that it's about to be overshadowed by that horrible PVP change we recently tested.
    Game seems to be pushing developed rosters away from PVP and towards PVE.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's PvE - i play for progression not placement (usually get top50 in SC7 or 8). Nothing will change in this regard. And I find the PvE more appealing than PvP. Therefore I barely play PvP anymore (not a single one this season). Getting that 4* is just too much of a trouble compared to PvE. 

This change opens a brand new layer of the game for me. I can level my 5* (not that I have that much to level but I could champ Strange i level OML or BW to a decent levels) and enjoy the PvE even more (while the 5 clears for max progress killed a bit of joy it will be quickly fixed with this). Scl8 is where my current enemies are, and Scl7 is going to save me 15 minutes a day. If I level the 5* - probably more.

Would leveling non-top 5* make my PvP not-playable (Strange is top in PvE but nothing in PvP)? Maybe. But I don't really care - i hardly play it anyway while my MMR is very favorable (only 4* team as anybody with unleveled 5* is almost an instant win against boosted 4* champs I have). 

I loved the test events. I love this change. Along with the un-vualting that makes all my roster relevant the game has just went up. Might even recommend it to somebody now.

I think the impostor developers are gone and the real one were let out of the basement.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do these levels compare to the last test run? They seem lower in CL8 than before. Just remember the last test was an absolute unenjoyable slog.
    It's not that easy to tell from the tables given in the old and new thread, since they show different things: the old table showed random level ranges for the first play through of each mission type, while the new one seems to show the difficulty range over 5 play throughs.

Here's a quick summary of the changes as I interpret them:
    • SCL 1-6: these are using the midpoint difficulty for the test's random range.
    • SCL 7: mostly the same.  Comparing to the midpoint of test difficulty:
      • 3* and 4* essentials dropped by 20 levels
      • everything else about the same
    • SCL 8: this is massively easier.  Comparing to midpoint of test difficulty:
      • easy nodes the same
      • hard node drops 50 levels
      • final node drops 50 levels
      • 2* and 3* essentials about the same
      • 4* essential drops 40 levels
    The SCL 7 changes should make that one a bit easier for players who are running under-covered essentials.  The SCL 8 changes should make it playable by people with low level champed 4* characters.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    ADChaos said:
    I'm not quite sure why people think they're so screwed for 4* development now. T10 finishes aren't actually necessary for it, in my experience.
    I just did in my post. I typically get T5 or T10 in SCL 7 or 8 each event. With an average of two events per week, that's an extra 8-24 4* covers per month. If that's not enough to hamper your 4* progress, then you're playing at a different level than me, because that will certainly slow me down, big time. 

Perfect example: This most recent event (Meet Rocket and Groot) I ended up in 32nd place overall, due to very unfortunate timing of IRL conflicts for my very last grind; I managed to do only about half of it. Had I gotten my typical T10, I would be able to champ G4ocket with the progression cover from Webbed Wonder. T5, I could have champed them right away. Now they'll be stuck at 12 covers for the foreseeable future. 

In both tests they ran, I think I finished somewhere in the 20s or 30s for placement, so pretty much where I just ended up in MR&G. If that pattern holds, that means a lot fewer covers earned and much slower progress overall. 

Time to level that Panthos, if you want to keep competing with the big boys, then.
    And good freaking luck to anyone who missed the boat on that, eh? I look forward to finally covering them around....a decade from now, with my bonus hero rate
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit said:
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    ADChaos said:

And good freaking luck to anyone who missed the boat on that, eh? I look forward to finally covering them around....a decade from now, with my bonus hero rate

I was referring specifically to DarthDeVo who has a base level 13 cover Panther and a base level 11 cover Thanos with 5 black.

YMMV but any champed 5 will let you clear PVE pretty fast after the change.

I'm running Bolt Strange instead of Panthos, I like having health for PVP.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a great change, and I applaud you all for listening to the issues with the gulf between scaling from SCL7 to SCL8. I usually enter SCL8 but found the scaling too big a gulf under the last test. This is much more manageable and now only slightly above my current scaling. Well done.  :)