Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Comments

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    If I'm reading that right compared to the current 3 day pve event, it's a REDUCTION to scl 7 prizes.
    I see 4500 for first in scl7 webbed wonder. 4000 in chart.
    And 1000 more to scl8
    The announcement does say that placement rewards for SL7 and 8 have been updated, not upgraded.  Personally it feels like it is worded to lead you to believe that both are improved, but hey there that is the nature of political statements - keep it ambiguous so you can deny things later....
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Love this change.  Sorry soft cappers....
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    AlexxKats said:
    Brigby
    Will the change in pve address the overgrinding nodes problem that was noticed on the test?
    Rhycar said:
    Brigby do you know if they did away with the 1-3 point nodes that keep points after you clear them? Multi-tapping is going to be a very real thing if they didn't.
    @AlexxKats @Rhycar
    No changes have been made to how many points a mission is worth after completing it down to its minimum

fmftint said:
    Brigby what are the SCL entry points? In the test rank 47 was the entry point for SCL8, those ranks have no way to compete with a rank 100+player
    @fmftint
    The minimum level to join a SCL has not changed

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    jgomes32 said:
    I'm on the minority, not a big fan of this change. I believe 5* will dominate most SCL7 brackets for even faster clears/grinds and 4* will have no place to go but 6 (and there's still going to be 5* there). It's going to slow down progress for most 4* roster.
    Sounds like a first world problem to me. My 4* roster progress is fine, and I think I've gotten a 4* from placement all of once.
    As a 4* roster who always finishes T5 or T10 this could slow down progression significantly 

Edit: Still got #1 and #5 during the tests in SCL8, but now it's een easier. I'll just have to wait and see i guess.

Ducky said:
    Scl 9 is coming soon, right? This makes pve waaaaay too easy for developed rosters. 
    Coming soon since launch...
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    jgomes32 said:
    I'm on the minority, not a big fan of this change. I believe 5* will dominate most SCL7 brackets for even faster clears/grinds and 4* will have no place to go but 6 (and there's still going to be 5* there). It's going to slow down progress for most 4* roster.
    Sounds like a first world problem to me. My 4* roster progress is fine, and I think I've gotten a 4* from placement all of once.
    Likewise, I have no problems going against plenty of 5* rosters.  I have been able to place top 1-10 for the past year.  
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:
    Scl 9 is coming soon, right? This makes pve waaaaay too easy for developed rosters. 
    YOU SHUT YOUR BILL
    So you don't want SCL 9? O.o
    Oh, I want it.  I want it bad.  I just think the PvE too easy thing is the wrong perspective.  It brings it more in line with what a game should be.  Meaningful progress from improving your roster, and rewards more tied to difficulty.
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:
    YOU SHUT YOUR BILL
    So you don't want SCL 9? O.o
    I know I want it!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, for SCL based scaling there NEEDS to be CL 9 & 10!!!!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    Will anything be implemented to discourage players from abusing SCLs lower than the one they are intended to play in? Minor reduction in rewards (mentioned above) won't do it. I think I'll bump the discussion in Suggestions about scaling characters down to intended level in SCL7 and lower (or SCL8 and lower if SCL9 is introduced).
    Lol, as opposed to the softcappers who've been abusing the scaling algorithms forever
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    Will anything be implemented to discourage players from abusing SCLs lower than the one they are intended to play in? Minor reduction in rewards (mentioned above) won't do it. I think I'll bump the discussion in Suggestions about scaling characters down to intended level in SCL7 and lower (or SCL8 and lower if SCL9 is introduced).
    That'd be a lot of new breakable engineering work to undo a benefit they just created, compared to the relatively straightforward engineering work of replacing the node scaling algorithm.

How about "that suggestion is a bad place to plan to stage a protest"?
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Is it a test or is it permanent 
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Andre MPQ said:
    Is it a test or is it permanent 

From top post: 
    Starting with Unstable Iso-8 on Sunday, August 6th at 7:00 am EDT, all Story Events going forward will have difficulty based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. 

Whilst nothing should be called "permanent" in a live mobile game, this is not a test.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me too. Is it too early to complain that easy missions are too easy? They could just give us the points for the easy missions automatically and save everyone some time :P By which I mean like 5 minutes, tops.
    I think they need to keep easy missions so people who just want to play for no reason can have something to do. Since they locked the prologue missions, there really isn't any other way to play casually or mess around. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I love this. The SCL8 scaling is slightly lower than my current scaling (4*), so I'll probably try that if it's a good boosted week. If it's not, I'll happily drop down to 7.

I'll probably not be able to place well in either, but this game is immeasurably more fun during the events where I'm not chasing placement, so I'm fine with that.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    The biggest bonus for me - if I want to "vacation" from competitive PvE, I can drop down to SCL6... still get some ISO and rewards, but have a cake-walk.

Wheee!

My only gripe is I hoped the SCL8 rewards (4*) would trickle further down - but honestly, this is a great change, and I don't want to be a downer.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for this change. It's been long overdue. 

Have there been any updates to the sub or alliance rewards?