Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Options

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Will anything be implemented to discourage players from abusing SCLs lower than the one they are intended to play in? Minor reduction in rewards (mentioned above) won't do it. I think I'll bump the discussion in Suggestions about scaling characters down to intended level in SCL7 and lower (or SCL8 and lower if SCL9 is introduced).
    That'd be a lot of new breakable engineering work to undo a benefit they just created, compared to the relatively straightforward engineering work of replacing the node scaling algorithm.

How about "that suggestion is a bad place to plan to stage a protest"?
    Not sure how much new engineering it would really be. I'd expect less complex than enemies scaling personally to each player based on a roster strength average. The developers already figured out how to scale enemies down below their initial levels (facing Epics scaled down to 30 or so during certain Boss events was hilarious), and they've been scaling our heroes up at different percentages based on rarity, newness, weekly, and required status for a long time. Locking into SCL6 and having all characters being used scaled down to a maximum of 255 shouldn't take much more savvy than all the other stuff they've done.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes!! I can play PVE again.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really lke what I'm seeing. If they can get the new PvP system working, I might have to start putting ISO into my 5*s! Imagine that.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Love everything about these changes and how it opens up roster diversity for vets who want it.  I just wish it came out with CL9 and CL10.   Even if that feature isn't ready for pvp it could be rolled out with this new PvE system right away.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very happy for this change.  5* players have had it brutal for a long time in PVE.  

I would like to see scl9 released and some kind of gating to keep people from dropping too far below their highest available scl and swiping placements meant for newer players but otherwise love this change!
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you !!!!
    So looking forward to this and for what comes next.
    Awesome update!
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm extremely excited about this change, even if SCL8 is just 10 or so levels easier than what I'm fighting now at the highest level. The next steps should be:

• Introduction of SCL9 and SCL10
    • Update rewards between the SCLs to make sense for who should be playing them and discourage people going down SCLs for placement.

Lots of great changes lately and I'm excited to see where we go from here. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    I'm on the minority, not a big fan of this change. I believe 5* will dominate most SCL7 brackets for even faster clears/grinds and 4* will have no place to go but 6 (and there's still going to be 5* there). It's going to slow down progress for most 4* roster.

Maybe locke SCL? Can't go below your SCL level. This is just too easy. Might as well remove placement if it's bassically whoever has the biggest Thanos wins..
    I agree 100%. I hit top 10 pretty regularly in SCL7, but that will be impossible with whales getting their first 4 clears within 20 minutes. Opening up more SCLs will be a necessity to keep things fair to the competitive 4* players. I'm glad that the whales are getting their scaling fixed, it was ridiculous. But until 9 and 10 open up, they're going to be dominating the leaderboards and an even playing field will no longer exist.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    An even playing field will never exist, at least not in the way you intend it to mean
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    I'm on the minority, not a big fan of this change. I believe 5* will dominate most SCL7 brackets for even faster clears/grinds and 4* will have no place to go but 6 (and there's still going to be 5* there). It's going to slow down progress for most 4* roster.

Maybe locke SCL? Can't go below your SCL level. This is just too easy. Might as well remove placement if it's bassically whoever has the biggest Thanos wins..
    I agree 100%. I hit top 10 pretty regularly in SCL7, but that will be impossible with whales getting their first 4 clears within 20 minutes. Opening up more SCLs will be a necessity to keep things fair to the competitive 4* players. I'm glad that the whales are getting their scaling fixed, it was ridiculous. But until 9 and 10 open up, they're going to be dominating the leaderboards and an even playing field will no longer exist.
    Define whale please? Because I don't spend any $$$.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No fix for sniping yet.... This is a very bad way to run a game. Fix one system even though you have not fixed the issues it creates. SC scaling is great, letting 125 level people in CL 6 for their 2 star farms is sheer lunacy.  Just lock out characters from each CL,  8 and  9 you can play every character, 7 you can't play 5 stars, CL6 no 5s or 4 star champs except the essential 4, CL 5 no 4s or 5s. That should fix it.
    The decreasing rewards kind of do that already.  Yes, it is true that if a single high level player drops down to a low clearance level they may get an easy win at first place.  But (a) the prizes won't be as good, and (b) if too many other high level players do the same and end up in the same bracket they may end up fighting just as hard.

At some point they'll get to a point where they can get the same rewards with less effort and uncertainty at the higher clearance levels.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    How do these levels compare to the last test run? They seem lower in CL8 than before. Just remember the last test was an absolute unenjoyable slog. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Scl 9 is coming soon, right? This makes pve waaaaay too easy for developed rosters. 
    That was my hope as well.  Pretty hype about this change eitherway.  SCL8 looks like it's the right level for my roster.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I really hope they open SCL9 or 10 soon. For competitive PVE where you're trying to finish as fast as possible the lower levels may be nice, but I've come to like PVE for the challenge of the higher opponents (I don't play to try and place). I prefer the longer rounds as you get to play with more combos. 
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    still only T10 for 4* rewards? Not worth the effort to play SCL 8.