*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Has shehulk blue been changed with the patch? There were 2 enemy tiles but my 4 cover blue did not convert both tiles to my charge.

When there is 1 enemy tile, you steal it (and boosted). When there is 2, randomly one is stolen. When there are 3 or more, 2 are randomly stolen and boosted. That's the "redistributing" and "odd tiles are yours" stuff that made more sense before the blue change.

Which means they have corrected it.Before the patch, you will get 2 tiles stolen if there are only 2 enemy tiles.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Gotta love the attack art for furious camel toe... icon_eek.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Confirmed that they "fixed" her blue, it now only takes 1, 2 if 3 are present. Nerf to an already mediocre character. Was seriously considering going 5/5/3 too.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Confirmed that they "fixed" her blue, it now only takes 1, 2 if 3 are present. Nerf to an already mediocre character. Was seriously considering going 5/5/3 too.

I won't say she's mediocre. She is an excellent support character. Maybe not the nuke, but her green definitely is difficulty to play against.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    she's not mediocre T-T
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd say the new build is a clear 355 now. If we're going to take a one tile might as well max red
  • dkffiv
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

I won't say she's mediocre. She is an excellent support character. Maybe not the nuke, but her green definitely is difficulty to play against.

She's moderately annoying to play against but boring to play with. Red is meh, blue is pretty **** now and green isn't reliable. I've missed the one color I was trying to sap with 18 green a few times. Most of the time I will use another green over hers if I have the option to do so.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

She's moderately annoying to play against but boring to play with. Red is meh, blue is pretty **** now and green isn't reliable. I've missed the one color I was trying to sap with 18 green a few times. Most of the time I will use another green over hers if I have the option to do so.

This in a nutshell is why she will never climb out of the C-Listers tier. Also Moonstone Team Ups are better than her blue now. By a lot. Doesn't buff but steals 33% more, which usually winds up being better than the buff. Plus uses TUAP to solve the special tile problem. Yet another 3* that fails in power comparison to a similar 2* power that came after.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I'd say the new build is a clear 355 now. If we're going to take a one tile might as well max red

Definitely this. Really disappointed, blue was the only of her powers where you had some control over the outcome, now that's gone.

I discovered the change when I brought her as a support character to Blade in PVP. Let me tell you, Doc Ock has been a MUCH better support character than her. That's really all that needs to be said here.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, you guys are using her wrong. I've played her every which way and 4/5/4 is the way to go. She is a pve character that has solid pvp features. Her green makes her dangerous in pvp, thus she needs to be your only green user defensively or with a very high cost green like cots.

Her best friend right now is Elektra. Try them together their purple/blue is solid, I like cyclops as a 3rd, even starlord is scary with this. The key is to make sure your 3rd doesn't disrupted blue/purple and green
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Bah, you guys are using her wrong. I've played her every which way and 4/5/4 is the way to go. She is a pve character that has solid pvp features. Her green makes her dangerous in pvp, thus she needs to be your only green user defensively or with a very high cost green like cots.

Her best friend right now is Elektra. Try them together their purple/blue is solid, I like cyclops as a 3rd, even starlord is scary with this. The key is to make sure your 3rd doesn't disrupted blue/purple and green

This sounds good, but I'm not convinced... 7 Purple and 9 Blue give you 2 strike tiles of power 200 or so, while leaving one for the opponent? Black Panther does better with just 9 Yellow. Her Green is potentially powerful but the randomness is a big hit against. You have literally only 1 chance in 3 of hitting the one pool that you really want to empty. Think about it: Enemy gathered enough AP for their nuke and you cast Furious Charge. 2 out of 3 times you find yourself in that situation, in average, you still will be hit by the nuke next turn and you wasted your AP for nothing. Yes, you have a better chance if you cast it twice, but for 12 Green, I'd rather bring Kamala or Patch and kill the guy outright before he fires the nuke.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

This sounds good, but I'm not convinced... 7 Purple and 9 Blue give you 2 strike tiles of power 200 or so, while leaving one for the opponent? Black Panther does better with just 9 Yellow. Her Green is potentially powerful but the randomness is a big hit against. You have literally only 1 chance in 3 of hitting the one pool that you really want to empty. Think about it: Enemy gathered enough AP for their nuke and you cast Furious Charge. 2 out of 3 times you find yourself in that situation, in average, you still will be hit by the nuke next turn and you wasted your AP for nothing. Yes, you have a better chance if you cast it twice, but for 12 Green, I'd rather bring Kamala or Patch and kill the guy outright before he fires the nuke.

I think you are right overall pylgrim, that her randomness keeps her from being truly devastating. But Shehulk's value in pvp is mostly defensive. her green is annoying to fight, and hard to prevent since it's only 6 ap. I think of her just like cage's protect tile, iron fist's attack tile, or devil dino's health. All of those characters can be beaten reliably by the right teams, but they all have significant scarecrow pvp value in that they push a lot of potential attackers to skip and go for easier targets (until one gets above 900 or so when all teams are fair game). In that one respect, she has more value than khan or patch, both of whom are relatively squishy and easier to deal with via ap denial.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Unless you double cast and if some pools are depleted the % goes up. Buffed she's a nice counter in this Blade PvP
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Unless you double cast and if some pools are depleted the % goes up. Buffed she's a nice counter in this Blade PvP

Yeah, it was playing her in that PVP that I got this disappointed. I was all like "this is the time you've been waiting for, your time to shine!" and she was like "whatever". "Steal those huge KYEC attack tiles!", "Nah, I like these strike tiles better". "Hulkbuster got 13 red from a cascade, empty that pool!" "What? No. He has 1 Blue, so only 8 more til he places those protect tiles. I hate those, so down with Blue. But hey, I got the 15 Team-Up AP pool, so there's that too!". "Quick, clear all those enemy strike tiles from the second and third bottom row with your Red!" "Nah, I'll rather go for the huge KYEC attack tile on the fourth row this time. Oh wait, that one was yours, oops!"
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Yeah, it was playing her in that PVP that I got this disappointed. I was all like "this is the time you've been waiting for, your time to shine!" and she was like "whatever". "Steal those huge KYEC attack tiles!", "Nah, I like these strike tiles better". "Hulkbuster got 13 red from a cascade, empty that pool!" "What? No. He has 1 Blue, so only 8 more til he places those protect tiles. I hate those, so down with Blue. But hey, I got the 15 Team-Up AP pool, so there's that too!". "Quick, clear all those enemy strike tiles from the second and third bottom row with your Red!" "Nah, I'll rather go for the huge KYEC attack tile on the fourth row this time. Oh wait, that one was yours, oops!"
    Precise reason I run her with other stealers/drainers. Can't empty a pool when its 0 and Loki can be useful in taking those strike tiles then she can do her job.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    LOL. Exactly my thoughts. Changing her green so it won't target TU AP would not be enough to make her worth leveling, but at least it would be a step in the right direction. At least then with 18 you could reduce all AP stacks to 0.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    I don't think she's really a deterrent and she definitely isn't solid enough to justify using her in PvP in any situation other than being forced to. I was using her a lot in PvE but with this "fix" I feel she's pretty damn useless. Her red is mostly in direct conflict with her blue. During EotS I was running She Hulk / Falcon / (Blade or Panther) on the Survival nodes. I'd build up a lot of protect and strike tiles, steal the enemies Turn to Smoke tiles, and have Nightstalkers running. 90% of the time I didn't want to use her red because I'd end up destroying all my special tiles. If her red only destroyed basic / enemy tiles and skipped over your own it would be a massive buff and push her into usable range.

Against Moonstone I've had her steal 2 of my tiles, I use blue and steal 1 back and I'm in a worse overall situation even though I'm playing reactively.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nah. Ladies is still amazing in every node you can pick all 3 heroes.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    I don't think she's really a deterrent and she definitely isn't solid enough to justify using her in PvP in any situation other than being forced to. I was using her a lot in PvE but with this "fix" I feel she's pretty damn useless. Her red is mostly in direct conflict with her blue. During EotS I was running She Hulk / Falcon / (Blade or Panther) on the Survival nodes. I'd build up a lot of protect and strike tiles, steal the enemies Turn to Smoke tiles, and have Nightstalkers running. 90% of the time I didn't want to use her red because I'd end up destroying all my special tiles. If her red only destroyed basic / enemy tiles and skipped over your own it would be a massive buff and push her into usable range.

Against Moonstone I've had her steal 2 of my tiles, I use blue and steal 1 back and I'm in a worse overall situation even though I'm playing reactively.

I do think the red-blue tension is a significant drawback to her design. But in your example scenario, you may not actually end up being worse off, depending on the value of the tiles and how much she buffs the one she stole back. I would, however, suggest that her ability should not only buff stolen tiles, it should also weaken whichever tile is left with the enemy.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:

Nothing is a deterrent in PvP, when you can run IF/IMHB combos, but I've been using She-Hulk/Cage a ton this week, and I've seen like 5 attacks per PvP total, and they're all coming after I'm safely over 1k (and thus finally worth enough to some people)

14k of pain in the **** is enough of a deterrent for a lot of rosters, especially when 'safer' combos like XForce/3Thor are floating around.

When she's not boosted, yeah, back to the hole with her, but that's true of countless characters.