*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Do people really think that settlement is worse than control shift, or is this just a rhetorical device? Seems to me like improving the stolen tiles by up 192 makes up for one less stolen tile and 1 more ap cost..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do people really think that settlement is worse than control shift, or is this just a rhetorical device? Seems to me like improving the stolen tiles by up 192 makes up for one less stolen tile and 1 more ap cost..
    would u rather steal tiles or steal less tiles but improve them for the same amount of $
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    5 blue is worse than a bunch of similar powers.
    Green is peerless. It does something that no other power is capable of doing. You fight xfist and a bad cascade gives the opponent 15 purple and 15 black. With any other character you are done. With sh you have a significant chance to take one or both pools back to zero. For 6 green. Not taking 5 green is insane.
    But at 3G you have the same odds of either reducing the AP to zero or half as you do with 5G. By reducing it to half you get the same net effect as reducing it to zero--namely that the enemy can't spam you with abilities. I'm not saying that Furious Charge is a bad move, I just don't think it necessitates 5 covers. As I said before, unless you're planning to use it twice in a row the benefit of increasing from 3G to 5G is minimal. If 5G reduced one color AP to zero and two other colors to 50% then I'd jump on the 5G bandwagon but as it stands I don't see any reason to neuter Settlement. Settlement at 3B is completely useless but 5B is very respectful.

On another topic, are you ever going to bring She-Hulk into a fight against X-Force and Iron Fist? Didn't think so. You bring She-Hulk along to fights where you need to steal a few key special tiles (eg. against Mafia Muscles).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/5/4 seems like the best compromise build for her.

5green means double casting wipes out 4/7 ap pools, giving you a better than 50/50 shot of hitting which ever pool you really care about.

4 blue lets you steal 2 of any 3 enemy tiles. not great, but a significant step up from 3 blue.

And while dropping to 4 red does reduce the boardshake and aoe damage, the loss isn't crippling because even at 5, her red is only mediocre. You are bringing her for her other powers and her high health. the damage is just icing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    5 blue is worse than a bunch of similar powers.
    Green is peerless. It does something that no other power is capable of doing. You fight xfist and a bad cascade gives the opponent 15 purple and 15 black. With any other character you are done. With sh you have a significant chance to take one or both pools back to zero. For 6 green. Not taking 5 green is insane.
    But at 3G you have the same odds of either reducing the AP to zero or half as you do with 5G. By reducing it to half you get the same net effect as reducing it to zero--namely that the enemy can't spam you with abilities. I'm not saying that Furious Charge is a bad move, I just don't think it necessitates 5 covers. As I said before, unless you're planning to use it twice in a row the benefit of increasing from 3G to 5G is minimal. If 5G reduced one color AP to zero and two other colors to 50% then I'd jump on the 5G bandwagon but as it stands I don't see any reason to neuter Settlement. Settlement at 3B is completely useless but 5B is very respectful.

On another topic, are you ever going to bring She-Hulk into a fight against X-Force and Iron Fist? Didn't think so. You bring She-Hulk along to fights where you need to steal a few key special tiles (eg. against Mafia Muscles).
    Blue is straight up worse than elektra purple (which sees no play). Red is worse than any number of reds. The one and only reason to ever use SH is defensively for green. Take 3 green and you're purposely making worse the only power that makes her relevant. It is BECAUSE it's cheap that you want it to be as good as it can.

Another reason that is relatively obvious to someone who uses her regularly is that goons make 6 ap+ of two colors every turn. reducing one of their pools by half will not stop them from getting their skills off. Both will. That alone would be enough reason for 5 green.

Your argument that emptying 4 ap pools for 12 green is bad is also not a good one. That is an awesome option to have. But it's just the cherry on top of the sundae.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're taking She-Hulk into any goon fight that doesn't include Mafia Muscle then you're doing it wrong. And for the Mafia Muscle nodes you absolutely want 5 blue covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    If you're taking She-Hulk into any goon fight that doesn't include Mafia Muscle then you're doing it wrong. And for the Mafia Muscle nodes you absolutely want 5 blue covers.

She's great against Muscle, no doubt. I also like stealing the attack tiles from Turn to Smoke when I play DDQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    So I guess 3/5/5 is a no brainer?
    I thought 5/3/5 was the no brainer. The only reason to go 5G is if you plan to use Furious Charge twice in a row but if you have 12 green AP there's probably a better use for it. Furious Charge is good because it's cheap and you can spam it which you're not doing if you hoard the AP until you can cast it multiple times.

No.. Furious Charge is good because you can deplete an AP pool before you get punched in the face by IMHB. To do that you must hit Red. (For example.) To do THAT you want as much green as possible. Might take 6, might take 18. Yes it's good because it's cheap, but cheap does not mean "cast as soon as available".
    Vhailorx wrote:

5green means double casting wipes out 4/7 ap pools, giving you a better than 50/50 shot of hitting which ever pool you really care about.

4 blue lets you steal 2 of any 3 enemy tiles. not great, but a significant step up from 3 blue.

And while dropping to 4 red does reduce the boardshake and aoe damage, the loss isn't crippling because even at 5, her red is only mediocre. You are bringing her for her other powers and her high health. the damage is just icing.

Let's be honest here. Her redflag.png , even hyper boosted to 290, isn't going to win you any games. There are a ton of better red powers out there, a lot of em on 4*s, but what are you going to do. Also a ton better AoEs. At the damage level of Power of Attorney you may as well just pile on to a single target rather than splash damage multiples.

May as well just make She Hulk into what she is, a special tile handling AP denying anti-PvE scaling monster (who is terrible at PvP). 5/5/3 for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    So I guess 3/5/5 is a no brainer?
    I thought 5/3/5 was the no brainer. The only reason to go 5G is if you plan to use Furious Charge twice in a row but if you have 12 green AP there's probably a better use for it. Furious Charge is good because it's cheap and you can spam it which you're not doing if you hoard the AP until you can cast it multiple times.

No.. Furious Charge is good because you can deplete an AP pool before you get punched in the face by IMHB. To do that you must hit Red. (For example.) To do THAT you want as much green as possible. Might take 6, might take 18. Yes it's good because it's cheap, but cheap does not mean "cast as soon as available".
    Vhailorx wrote:

Let's be honest here. Her redflag.png , even hyper boosted to 290, isn't going to win you any games. There are a ton of better red powers out there, a lot of em on 4*s, but what are you going to do. Also a ton better AoEs. At the damage level of Power of Attorney you may as well just pile on to a single target rather than splash damage multiples.

May as well just make She Hulk into what she is, a special tile handling AP denying anti-PvE scaling monster (who is terrible at PvP). 5/5/3 for me.
    Her red does over 4k plus cascades at 290. It is definitely winning you many games.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're doing over 4K AOE with just 4 in Red as well. Not really much of an argument for her use. On a single target, it's still gonna be pretty poor for 9 AP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You're doing over 4K AOE with just 4 in Red as well. Not really much of an argument for her use. On a single target, it's still gonna be pretty poor for 9 AP.
    it's still better than nothing, which blue will be in pvp a good 90% of the time
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with Arkprime.

Red isn't great, but in the cost benefit, 4 blue and 4 red seems more useful than 5 blue and 3 red. All that the fifth blue cover gives you is a bigger boost to stolen tiles.

If 5 blue stole 3 tiles instead of two, I would take it. But it doesn't. And when I used her blue I care about stealing the tiles at all much more than I care about boost them an extra hundred or so.

At least the extra damage from 4 red is always useful, even when the enemy doesn't have any special tiles.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used her a ton in PvP during the week she was boosted, and I can say in that arena, in 90% of matches I either couldn't find blue to collect, or had nothing to use it on. You can still steal a Fist/Cage tile with 3U as easily as 5U. For PvP, it's 3/5/5 and it's not really close.

PvE you have a better argument for variation, but there's nothing she does that isn't better supported by someone else. Most of the DA have super cheap abilities that Furious isn't fast enough to counter, only Daken/Bullseye have special tiles to deal with, and her red barely makes a dent in 250+ enemies.

So give me the PvP utility, it's at least something.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her best build is dependent upon your use. With the upcoming Ultron you will want 5/3/5. More than 3 green is a waste against bots you keep generating AP

Against players, 3/5/5 is far superior

If you want to be able to play her in both your only option is 4/5/4. This gives you the power of green in PvP while giving you the best of blue and red.

If you don't play PvE at all then go 3/5/5, if you don't play PvP then go 5/3/5. If you play both, 4/5/4 that's it

I play both therefore 4/5/4 is the only viable option
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Her best build is dependent upon your use. With the upcoming Ultron you will want 5/3/5. More than 3 green is a waste against bots you keep generating AP

Against players, 3/5/5 is far superior

If you want to be able to play her in both your only option is 4/5/4. This gives you the power of green in PvP while giving you the best of blue and red.

If you don't play PvE at all then go 3/5/5, if you don't play PvP then go 5/3/5. If you play both, 4/5/4 that's it

I play both therefore 4/5/4 is the only viable option
    She's garbage in ultron. Way too much board shake for tile makers/takers to really do their thing. If you use her there she's going to be used in the gsbw/mohawk team, and there she's better as 355
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the 4/5/4 build. 5 green works well, as does 4 blue, so I don't see many other alternatives.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    so I have a 4/5/4 she hulk and just picked up a red cover from the loki pvp giving me an opportunity to re-spec. Does everyone think its not worth keeping her blue at 4 after the latest correction to her blue power.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    IMHO you should go for 4/4/5 or stay 4/5/4. Blue and Green should be at 4 at least.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The usefulness of green makes a dramatic jump at 5 covers, so I'd say that is mandatory as well. I still recommend at 5 green and at least 4 blue, so 4/5/4 is the best offense build while you could also go 5/5/3 if you want her specialized as a tile stealer - but I don't think it's good to give up that much on Power of Attorney.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went to 4/5/4 for the glitch but just switched back to 3/5/5.

In PvE 4/5/4 or even 5/5/3 makes more sense for utility, but I only really break her out for PvP and occasionally Sim, and in those situations her blue either does nothing or really only has one tile (Cage, Fist) to steal anyway.