*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Discovered a nasty combo that I never would have tried if they weren't all powered up for the She-Hulk PVP:

She-Hulk / Classic Mags / Blade

She-Hulk's greentile.png and Blade's blacktile.png eliminate all of the other team's AP so they can't win with abilities, and Magneto's yellowtile.png means that they aren't going to win with match damage either. None of those abilities have any other active skills in their color to compete with, either, so you can't luck out when the AI chooses an inferior ability.

It's not the fastest team on offense, but it may be the single least fun team I've ever played against on defense - you can do NOTHING against that team, especially when they're all powered up to level 200+

icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, she has 3 abilities.

Blue flips random tiles around and mostly in your favor, and gives one to your opponent. So there's a couple people that interact here. Loki can Trickery, Daredevil can Radar Sense, Dr. Octopus will Insult to Injury when you remove them, and this will help with the ones you flip from Elektra. So they are all candidates at least.

Her Green saps AP from one or two colors. It's just a quick green ability that you may not want to have bleed over onto other green users. To boost the green, you could play Kamala or 3* Black Widow if you would value the AP drain more than the damage from their own abilities.

Her red blows up the bottom of the board. This doesn't combo well with folks that like to preserve a board state (Daken, Blade, Beast, Patch, etc.). She does work well with folks that like to blow up the board, say an Invisible Woman or 2* Magneto or X-Force. This ability IMO does work sometimes against her own blue ability.

You also want to consider at least for her PVP, that playing people that generate tiles may not be the best option as you know every match has a potential Settlement to ruin your day. A team of Invisible Woman / Kamala Khan could work. X-Force / Nick Fury could work if you're a high roller. As a more budget focused, Magneto/Bullseye could just really hammer home Polarity Shifts into Powers of Attorney, and then give you some Shields while waiting for those in between.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shal melo wrote:
    Discovered a nasty combo that I never would have tried if they weren't all powered up for the She-Hulk PVP:

She-Hulk's greentile.png and Blade's blacktile.png eliminate all of the other team's AP so they can't win with abilities, and Magneto's yellowtile.png means that they aren't going to win with match damage either. None of those abilities have any other active skills in their color to compete with, either, so you can't luck out when the AI chooses an inferior ability.

It's not the fastest team on offense, but it may be the single least fun team I've ever played against on defense - you can do NOTHING against that team, especially when they're all powered up to level 200+

icon_e_confused.gif

Going to try this. Nice Rainbow as well, wish my blade was better covered though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Apologies if this has been answered in an early post but when she uses her green power how is it decided which of the enemy's colour is reduced?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Apologies if this has been answered in an early post but when she uses her green power how is it decided which of the enemy's colour is reduced?

Totally random. If they have at least 1 ap in that color it is fair game. Although so far in her pvp it seems like when the AI used the power it takes my 2 most needed ap colors but when I use the power it takes the 2 colors the AI least uses...
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Especially when buffed she is annoying as hell, but her red still fails to impress.

I dropped it to 4 and never looked back.

4/5/4, as already stated by many users, seems the most versatile build.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ...wish my blade was better covered though.
    you and me both. been playing him in the heroic pve as a black to go with obw/thor in my 'A' team for this heroic and if I can get him some green I'm going to like him - alot. for now hes at 2/3/-. I found that on the last pvp (imhb one), fights against him were either easy (no red on board) or very hard (red on board). he's why I wiped for the first time in pvp in a month or so.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Totally random. If they have at least 1 ap in that color it is fair game. Although so far in her pvp it seems like when the AI used the power it takes my 2 most needed ap colors but when I use the power it takes the 2 colors the AI least uses...

Case in point: just played a match against Hulk/Xforce/SH and me with Cmags/Blade/SH. AI used Furious charge and took my red and blue, I used FC and it took...team up and purple ap. icon_cry.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    shal melo wrote:

icon_e_confused.gif

Going to try this. Nice Rainbow as well, wish my blade was better covered though.
    Fo the buffed characters I actually like Pun, Cmags. This gives you a stronger green and then you can decide if you want to use Cmags red/blue or She Hulk depending on the board.
    Also Xforce, Hood is an excellent combo as you get major board shake with 4 powers and in the PVP you do not have to worry about settlement since you have no special tiles.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you want to be mean, use Blade and OBW with her. That's a LOT of AP suppression! I'd suggest Hood instead of OBW, but he's not buffed, and OBW would double Blade strike tiles.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BTW learned the hard way, unless you work aimlessly at depriving the opposing team of blue.. using big strike generators can hurt..

If you take Patch or Gamora, make sure you down she-hulk asap BEFORE putting out your tiles.

I recommend against Daken and Blade right now.. if she gets off a blue and steals some, with a buffed OBW right now.. it is painful..
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've run some Shulk / Cage / Loki. I've liked it. It can be a little bit slow, but I've enjoyed it. Few retaliations. It's an unfun combo to fight.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    During her PVP, I ended up going with Blade and Hood.

As mentioned above, not the fastest team, but absolutely starved out the enemy team. My Blade is not optimally covered or leveled, but I got a ton of defensive wins with that one.
  • smiley22
    smiley22 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm really late to the party here since her PVP was last week, but I paired her with hood and OBW the entire event. Full rainbow coverage and insane AP stealing and drains. I successfully defended at least half of the attacks on me and only had to shield once to get over the 800 point progression. Obviously benefitted from she hulk and OBW being boosted, but would still be a fun and effective team in shield sim.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She hulk, loki and Cmags was a pretty fun combo to play with, 2 board swap skills, 2 board destruction skills (albeit on same color), 2 special tile manipulators, 1 AP steal, 1 AP drain icon_e_smile.gif Pretty slow but pretty safe and fun team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    She goes well with more AP denial. Hood, Loki, Blade, OBW. Blade works well with her green, but their powers just clash outside of that, so I'd stick with Loki or Hood. Hood is more consistent and has a dmg dealing power, while Loki double dips on strike tile/protect tile 'herding', shifting him to just his purple and green. so to start

Hood/She-Hulk
    From there you want another offensive threat or someone who can sustain your health, and preferably not use or rely on green...
    CMags - Protect tiles, limited due to She-Hulk settlement, strong blue, red better used by her...
    Patch - will fight over green, but blue is in your favor...
    Kamala - OK dmg, healing is boss...but fights wil lbe long, meaning you increase the chance of a nasty cascade or dying to something like an SS
    Doom - OK dmg, high health...
    Steve Rogers - Protect tiles, high dmg red, stun blue that can alternate with She-Hulk blue...tasty...
    Cage - good defense/tank, yellow and black are delicious without bumoing heads...
    Black Panther - nuff said

I'd bounce between Steve Rogers/She-Hulk/Hood, to Cage/She-Hulk/Hood to She-Hulk/BP/Hood
    - Unreall
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has shehulk blue been changed with the patch? There were 2 enemy tiles but my 4 cover blue did not convert both tiles to my charge.
  • Unknown
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Has shehulk blue been changed with the patch? There were 2 enemy tiles but my 4 cover blue did not convert both tiles to my charge.
    What kind of tile
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    What kind of tile

One was a strike tile and the other was a protect tile
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    atomzed wrote:

When there is 1 enemy tile, you steal it (and boosted). When there is 2, randomly one is stolen. When there are 3 or more, 2 are randomly stolen and boosted. That's the "redistributing" and "odd tiles are yours" stuff that made more sense before the blue change.