*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    You can cast green twice with 12 ap and with 5 in green you will always hit 4 ap pools, while with green at 4 you'll often hit three. This is a huge functional difference. On top of that you'll often use her green against goons that produce up to 9 ap a turn, so the 75% one could easily leave 5 or 6 ap behind.

It's 6 ap to send goons back to the stone age. Take 5 and be merry.

I also think that green is great. While phaser is right that 4 or 5 green in defence rarely matter (since AI will not cast green twice), 5 green matters on offence.

When I'm on offence, I can hold the green until the opponent has a certain level of AP. Being able to drain 100% of 4 colors is great.

Red will not be the move that kills the entire team, so having less damage and slightly less cascades is fine with me
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Blue has to be 4, I learned that the hard way this PvE, however I think to drop red to 4 for bumping up blue is a bad idea, because the 325 x 3 damage you lose IMO does not equal the possible 136 extra damage per turn assuming you steal a strike or attack tile, that's an extra 2.3 attacks on each guy so almost 7 triggers of the 2 tiles you stole to recoop the damage lost on red, and considering her red boosted does hit hard I cannot justify taking 5 blue over it.

The problem here is you didn't calculate that damage being done to you by the extra tile you (which can be by far more powerful than 136) have stolen using her blue. If a character or goon drops a powerful special tile, it is now yours and no longer doing damage to you but is doing it to them instead, and is buffed by She Hulk. 4 In blue takes 2 of them. It may be a little know fact as well, that at 4 in blue there only has to be 2 enemy special tiles on the board for you to take both. How did she strike such a good deal in her favor where the enemy gets nothing? She is a damn good lawyer I guess lol icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Whoops, double post.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    You can cast green twice with 12 ap and with 5 in green you will always hit 4 ap pools, while with green at 4 you'll often hit three. This is a huge functional difference. On top of that you'll often use her green against goons that produce up to 9 ap a turn, so the 75% one could easily leave 5 or 6 ap behind.

It's 6 ap to send goons back to the stone age. Take 5 and be merry.
    Dauthi wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Blue has to be 4, I learned that the hard way this PvE, however I think to drop red to 4 for bumping up blue is a bad idea, because the 325 x 3 damage you lose IMO does not equal the possible 136 extra damage per turn assuming you steal a strike or attack tile, that's an extra 2.3 attacks on each guy so almost 7 triggers of the 2 tiles you stole to recoop the damage lost on red, and considering her red boosted does hit hard I cannot justify taking 5 blue over it.

The problem here is you didn't calculate that damage being done to you by the extra tile you (which can be by far more powerful than 136) have stolen using her blue. If a character or goon drops a powerful special tile, it is now yours and no longer doing damage to you but is doing it to them instead, and is buffed by She Hulk. 4 In blue takes 2 of them. It may be a little know fact as well, that at 4 in blue there only has to be 2 enemy special tiles on the board for you to take both. How did she strike such a good deal in her favor where the enemy gets nothing? She is a damn good lawyer I guess lol icon_e_wink.gif

So Blue has to be 4 and Green has to be 5. That only leaves 1 build. 4/5/4 is the way to go. Her red was never that impressive really anyway.
  • You get about 120 extra special tile strength from blue 4 -> blue 5 and that's not an insignificant amount if it's strike tiles. Okay it might be a trivial amount if you just stole 2 Threaten tiles, but that's about it. Getting 120 more strike tile strength will generally easily beat the extra damage from red 3 -> red 4. Of course you might not have anything you can steal to begin with, so that's why there's a tradeoff.
  • Phantron wrote:
    You get about 120 extra special tile strength from blue 4 -> blue 5 and that's not an insignificant amount if it's strike tiles. Okay it might be a trivial amount if you just stole 2 Threaten tiles, but that's about it. Getting 120 more strike tile strength will generally easily beat the extra damage from red 3 -> red 4. Of course you might not have anything you can steal to begin with, so that's why there's a tradeoff.
    It's nothing. It's one round of blade passive.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    So, now which are the best teams to play with She-Hulk after the update? I know she has nice synergy with Patch, but I would prefer use her also without Patch in the team.
  • TheHood wrote:
    So, now which are the best teams to play with She-Hulk after the update? I know she has nice synergy with Patch, but I would prefer use her also without Patch in the team.
    She doesn't really need a team. Put her in a configuration that doesn't use green and she will be awesome.

Green is her pvp ability. The other ones are pretty borderline but green alone is enough to make her incredible in defense.
  • TheHood wrote:
    depends what you're trying to do. I try to use her AGAINST tile-makers, and as Ark said as a defensive deterrent
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I've been using her with Black Panther and Kamala in PvE to good effect.
  • Thanos wrote:
    Cage lets you machinegun heals with KK and her, and keep damage negligible.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:

This is quite a fun team.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    She-Hulk's power text on two of her powers could be updated for readabilty/accessibility. It's almost as if someone obfuscated her power text with legalese!

The biggest problem is Settlement. The wording (and functionality?!) of the power is based on the old version, which makes the description unnecessarily confusing.
    Current Version:
      Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP
      She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.
      Rank 4. Selects up to 3 Tiles (Odd tiles are always Friendly)

The problem is, "Selects up to 2 enemy tiles and redistributes them" is equivalent to "Steal one enemy tile." The old version was worded like this because the tiles selected could be friendly tiles... But now it makes no sense. The power does appear to select 2 tiles, but has absolutely zero effect on one of them.

The power could be changed to weaken the other selected tile for thematic reasons, but to avoid the need for re-balancing it could simply be be reworded/recoded to make it clear that all it does is take control of one enemy tile.
      Suggested fix:
        Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP
        She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly takes control of an enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tile, improving it by 27.
        Rank 4. Selects 2 tiles if 3 or more eligible tiles exist.

The other text issue is a minor source of confusion, and comes in regard to Furious Charge at Rank 5. The text follows the grammar of the previous ranks which makes it really long-winded (and players may be skeptical that it works like it says it does.)
        Current version (Rank 5):
          Furious Charge - Cost: 6 Green AP
          She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and causing them to stagger backwards. Reduces one of the enemy’s AP levels to 0, and reduces a second AP color by 100 percent.

Suggested fix:
            Furious Charge - Cost: 6 Green AP
            She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and causing them to stagger backwards. Reduces two of the enemy’s AP levels to 0.
          • Pylgrim
            Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
            Or you go with a completely AP-crippler team: She-Hulk/Blade/Hood. It is a full rainbow team, too!
          • The old version takes 2 (or 3) tiles of any kind and converts them all to strike tiles and then redistribute them in your favor (1/0, 1/1, 2/1 depending on cover/# of tiles). The new version simply steals 1 or 2 strike/protect/attack tiles (if there are 2 applicable tiles you get both, if there are 3 all 3 are selected but you still only get 2) but I guess it wouldn't make much sense with the lawyer theme, or would it? Couldn't it be like "She-Hulk flexes her legal muscles, forcing your opponent to transfer ownership of 1 (or 2 when upgraded to where applicable) random attack/strike/protect tile(s) to avoid a costly legal battle?"
          • Phillipes
            Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
            Can anyone post 166 She-hulk damage with just 4 in red ? Mine is 3/5/5, but considering 4/5/4.
          • Khanwulf
            Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
            I use her religiously for the DDQ survival node:

She-hulk/Black Panther/OBW

Her green helps ensure that when the wave switches to heroes I don't get hammered by their saved AP, plus it can zero out the AP BP gives with his AOE. Blue is handy for those annoying Muscle strike tiles and odd ninja boards. Red is a minor impediment to BP strike tiles, but does acceptable damage. OBW is insurance, extra damage on strike tiles, and AP steal.

By the last board I can unload in a gratifying display of nuke-age. Other teams work too, but this one does reliably well for my roster.

--Khanwulf
          • Phaserhawk
            Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
            So I've looked at some of the posts since my last and have looked at her with a fresh look. So here's what I found, my conclusions and what's the "best build"

Power of Attorney

This is the hardest to evaluate but here goes
            Lvl3--750 AoE, destroys 13 tiles
            Lvl4--1075 AoE, destroys 13 tiles
            Lvl5--1401 AoE, destroys 16 tiles.

I'm going to skip green since that's all a matter of opinion and go to blue.

Settlement
            Lvl3--Steal 1 special tile out of 2 random, boost it by 123
            Lvl4--Steal 2 special tiles out of 3 or 1 out of 2, boost it by 123
            Lvl5--Steal 2 special tiles out of 3 or 1 out of 2, boost it by 191

First I looked to her in PvP, and decided that PX would be a good use of her skills. I'm assuming PX is 5/3/5 and I'm also assuming that a level 4 or 5 Settlement will always steal the attack and strike tile while level 3 will only steal the strike tile.

I use settlement
            Lvl3--205 strike tile
            Lvl4--205 strike tile, 177 attack tile
            Lvl5--273 strike tile, 245 attack tile

Lets now say I fire off Power of attorney without destroying any of my special tiles, I then will make a match in green (183) and end my turn
            1) 5 bluetile.png 5 redtile.png --(1401+273)+(183+273)+(245+273)--1674 AoE and 974 to target
            2) 5 bluetile.png 4 redtile.png --(1075+273)+(183+273)+(245+273)--1348 AoE and 974 to target
            3) 5 bluetile.png 3 redtile.png --(750+273)+ (183+273) +(245+273--1023 AoE and 974 to target
            4) 4 bluetile.png 5 redtile.png --(1401+205)+(183+205)+(177+205)--1606 AoE and 770 to target
            5) 4 bluetile.png 4 redtile.png --(1075+205)+(183+205)+(177+205)--1280 AoE and 770 to target
            6) 3 bluetile.png 5 redtile.png --(1401+205)+(183+205)
            1606 AoE and 388 to target

Now this is the best case scenario for her blue and obviously shows it's full potential, but if you took away that extra attack tile damage, you can see that blue won't always help you as much as more red.

Now here comes the final piece. What's your take on green?
            3 Green--Option 1
            4 Green--Option 2, 4
            5 Green--Option 3, 5,6

For me, option 1 is out, green is too good to leave at 3 even in PvE only I think green can save your life and with the buff in R75 that draining skills won't hit an empty pool, it become more solid

I personally think 5 green is the way to go so that leaves me with option 3,5,6 and I'm not going to go 3 red because in boosted enviornments red hits hard, so I'm down to 5 or 6. Option 5 is less guaranteed but more theoretical damage as you would do 2050 to target in front vs. 1994, however the larger the tiles you steal the more valuable blue becomes and therein lies the rub.

The only fact out of all of this is that red should never be 3, that's bad in PvE and PvP.

Strongest PvP build? Probably 3 bluetile.png 5 redtile.png 5 greentile.png
            Strongest PvE build? Probably 4 bluetile.png 5 redtile.png 4 greentile.png or 5 bluetile.png 4 redtile.png 4 greentile.png

To me those are probably the 3 best builds for She Hulk, I think all skills sort of need 4 in them but green and blue could go to 3 where red cannot. Green always works blue does not, that is where I put more value in green and less in blue, but blue can be an absolute hero as the examples show, adding almost an extra 1K in damage to a single target.

Conclusion:
            I'm not dropping green below 5, it's too good in PvP and saved me a few times in PvE. So that puts me already at either a 3 bluetile.png 5 redtile.png 5 greentile.png or a 4 bluetile.png 4 redtile.png 5 greentile.png because again, red can't be 3. In my examples of those 2, 5 red will do less single target damage than 4 red 4 blue, but do more AoE. With a difference of 382 difference per target, per turn. The difference in the AoE dmg is 326, so basically if I'm fighting guy A,B and C. I would have to attack B and C once, over 2 turns to fix the damage lost from 5 red, even if 5 red let me get more cascade it won't be much and the extra damage is still to single target.

Phaserhawk's "best build" I'm finding a balance between the best PvP and PvE and go 4 bluetile.png 4 redtile.png 5 greentile.png . I will be respecing my blue on the next cover. Number wise it makes sense, and I really missed that extra tile conversion in PvE, I can always bring a strong red user and 5 green makes She-Hulk a very scary defensive character.
          • Marc_Spector
            Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
            Thanks again for another detailed and helpful analysis, Phaserhawk.

However, could you and others in this thread please start referring to builds in order of the character's in-game color-order? I know that She-Hulk is one of the many characters in the game whose color-order doesn't match her color-strengths (And that does still bug me, 1.5 years later) -- although for most part, characters with that issue all have their powers listed in in-game order in the forum. I believe She-Hulk and Beast are the only two exceptions - maybe a mod or the OP could correct the order in the page 1 poll for both of those?
          • OnesOwnGrief
            OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
            Thanks again for another detailed and helpful analysis, Phaserhawk.

However, could you and others in this thread please start referring to builds in order of the character's in-game color-order? I know that She-Hulk is one of the many characters in the game whose color-order doesn't match her color-strengths (And that does still bug me, 1.5 years later) -- although for most part, characters with that issue all have their powers listed in in-game order in the forum. I believe She-Hulk and Beast are the only two exceptions - maybe a mod or the OP could correct the order in the page 1 poll for both of those?
            It's a silent protest that they are doing. Bothers me as well but its whatever at this point.