*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nothing is a deterrent in PvP, when you can run IF/IMHB combos, but I've been using She-Hulk/Cage a ton this week, and I've seen like 5 attacks per PvP total, and they're all coming after I'm safely over 1k (and thus finally worth enough to some people)

14k of pain in the **** is enough of a deterrent for a lot of rosters, especially when 'safer' combos like XForce/3Thor are floating around.

When she's not boosted, yeah, back to the hole with her, but that's true of countless characters.

Levels must matter a lot. I took a ton of attacks all week with cage/shulk. Both of mine are covered, but only at 164/135 respectively. 900-1k was brutal for me.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Nah. Ladies is still amazing in every node you can pick all 3 heroes.

Who are the ladies?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A couple people were talking about playing Squirrel Girl / Captain Marvel / She-Hulk in the Cover Squirrel thread. Not sure if it is that or something else.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Who are the ladies?
    shulk(or cmags, or gt) mohawk gsbw(or kk). personally I prefer the original sh/gsbw/mohawk
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Nothing is a deterrent in PvP, when you can run IF/IMHB combos, but I've been using She-Hulk/Cage a ton this week, and I've seen like 5 attacks per PvP total, and they're all coming after I'm safely over 1k (and thus finally worth enough to some people)

14k of pain in the **** is enough of a deterrent for a lot of rosters, especially when 'safer' combos like XForce/3Thor are floating around.

When she's not boosted, yeah, back to the hole with her, but that's true of countless characters.

Levels must matter a lot. I took a ton of attacks all week with cage/shulk. Both of mine are covered, but only at 164/135 respectively. 900-1k was brutal for me.

Mine are 150/166, so 215/166 this week. But I also have a max Grocket, 200+ Squirrel, and a 250+ Blade (150 base) to go with them. So yeah, that probably helps.
  • Ruinate
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Who are the ladies?
    shulk(or cmags, or gt) mohawk gsbw(or kk). personally I prefer the original sh/gsbw/mohawk

Could you describe how those teams' synergize? I'm not seeing it. Like how is cmags and shulk interchangeable? They aren't similar.

My favorite team is gsbw, witch, and cmags which I guess is somewhat close to the ladies team. Get rid of team-ups -> convert pink into green -> sniper rifle -> get rid of team ups -> blue whenever.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Mine are 150/166, so 215/166 this week. But I also have a max Grocket, 200+ Squirrel, and a 250+ Blade (150 base) to go with them. So yeah, that probably helps.

My grocket is 153, and my blade is at 162, so that wasn't a problem. Still had trouble hopping in the those evenr.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

My grocket is 153, and my blade is at 162, so that wasn't a problem. Still had trouble hopping in the those evenr.

I'm out of ideas, someone must hate you, or like me. Or both.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Who are the ladies?

Could you describe how those teams' synergize? I'm not seeing it. Like how is cmags and shulk interchangeable? They aren't similar.

My favorite team is gsbw, witch, and cmags which I guess is somewhat close to the ladies team. Get rid of team-ups -> convert pink into green -> sniper rifle -> get rid of team ups -> blue whenever.

The name of the game for this team is AP generation.
    She Hulk x/x/5
    GSBW 5/3/5
    Mohawk 5/5/3

I would say only the 5 in GSBW purple and the 5 in mohawk green are necessary, but this is the best configuration to use this team. You will be using She Hulk red, GSBW purple, and Mohawk green/yellow. The best colors to focus on first are green or purple. You either use purple to make green or get enough green to fire off Storm's green. Storm yellow and She Hulk red are used for board shake leading to cascades and a little bit more damage to increase the speed of the team. Fire off the yellow before storm green or GSBW purple to get worthless TU tiles out of the way. I usually rotate through all of the three enemies, leaving them around the same HP, so that I can eventually finish them off with a Sniper Rifle or Power of Attorney. I easily took down Sim 41 and 42 with level 395 enemies in the last Gauntlet using this team. The main issue with this team is that if one of them dies, you are basically screwed, but once you get the machine running the enemy rarely gets another turn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What Ebola said. Also when it goes wrong it usually goes wrong early, like a cascade into juggs headbutt. It takes a little while to get used to it, but you eventually start to see the adaptations you have to make (for instance it's often better to use GSBW purple on a 4-of that collects 3 or 4 red than to make it a crit, if you have to pick).
  • Ruinate
    Options
    Okay I thought that's where you were going with the team. I just couldn't wrap my head around using storm's green over gsbw. I'll have to try it, but I'll have to switch my shulk over to 5 red first.

I've tried something similar with cmag loki and storm. It was pretty good but nowhere near as good as witch gsbw.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    Okay I thought that's where you were going with the team. I just couldn't wrap my head around using storm's green over gsbw. I'll have to try it, but I'll have to switch my shulk over to 5 red first.

I've tried something similar with cmag loki and storm. It was pretty good but nowhere near as good as witch gsbw.
    the core is gsbw Mohawk and someone who covers red and blue well, with board shake. Gt works because Mohawk green is comically amazing with charged tiles
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was using her every now and then for PvE with Patch, it was hilarious but incredibly costly to convert Patch's tiles back to your team, better off with Loki or Daredevil or even Falcon. I didn't pay attention to them messing up her Settlement, it's pretty sad to see actually because as people have said, because now even Moonstone is a better alternative for stealing tiles. At least she has her shotgun AP drain that may or may not hit anything you want.

That being said, It's still fun stealing and buffing big tiles like Sentry's sacrifice, but I'll only use her in PvP if everyone else at that level is dead.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I guess 3/5/5 is a no brainer?
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    My 4/4/5 She-Hulk isn't agree.
    Patch 5/3/5 + Doom 5/5/3 + She-Hulk 4/4/5 = easy win
  • Unknown
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Most folks went 4/5/4. Now that her blue is "fixed"....who knows.

Its depressing really, I brought her to 166 because her blue and green were so awesome

Now moonstone is just smirking at me...
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TheHood wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    My 4/4/5 She-Hulk isn't agree.
    Patch 5/3/5 + Doom 5/5/3 + She-Hulk 4/4/5 = easy win

I'm also a fan of the 4/4/5 build, although I've never tried your team combo. People are freaking out about the change to blue, when it really only changed what happens when the enemy has exactly two tiles.

Old Blue:
    1 tile - steal one tile
    2 tiles - steal two tiles
    3+ tiles - steal two tiles

Fixed Blue:
    1 tile - steal one tile
    2 tiles - steal one tile
    3+ tiles - steal two tiles

Enemies that create more than 2 tiles at once:
    Professor X
    Patch
    Black Panther
    Beast
    Doom
    Falcon
    Gamora (possibly)
    HT
    CMags
    Groot
    Squirrel Girl
    Storm
    Punisher with 5 green

Enemies that create exactly two tiles:
    Hulkbuster
    Blade
    Daken
    Doc Ock
    IW with 3 yellow

With Daken and Blade, it is very likely they will have more than 2 tiles out by the time you get enough for the blue.

The reason I don't mind 4 green instead of 5 green is that it is still enough to get the job done on defense. The 5 green really only helps in the case of using the ability more than once in a row, and the AI is never going to do that in its current state. On offense, I tend to have another green power user and only use her green if someone is about to get something off.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    I thought 5/3/5 was the no brainer. The only reason to go 5G is if you plan to use Furious Charge twice in a row but if you have 12 green AP there's probably a better use for it. Furious Charge is good because it's cheap and you can spam it which you're not doing if you hoard the AP until you can cast it multiple times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    I thought 5/3/5 was the no brainer. The only reason to go 5G is if you plan to use Furious Charge twice in a row but if you have 12 green AP there's probably a better use for it. Furious Charge is good because it's cheap and you can spam it which you're not doing if you hoard the AP until you can cast it multiple times.
    I've cast furious charge in a pinch without having multiple charges, and I've also saved 12+ ap for it. It's good against things that need AP to kill you
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

This is wrong.
    5 blue is worse than a bunch of similar powers.
    Green is peerless. It does something that no other power is capable of doing. You fight xfist and a bad cascade gives the opponent 15 purple and 15 black. With any other character you are done. With sh you have a significant chance to take one or both pools back to zero. For 6 green. Not taking 5 green is insane.