*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    The usefulness of green makes a dramatic jump at 5 covers, so I'd say that is mandatory as well. I still recommend at 5 green and at least 4 blue, so 4/5/4 is the best offense build while you could also go 5/5/3 if you want her specialized as a tile stealer - but I don't think it's good to give up that much on Power of Attorney.
    at this point, if you want a specialized tile stealer u should just use moonstone/loki/etc.

Shulkie got screwed on this "fix"
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    The usefulness of green makes a dramatic jump at 5 covers, so I'd say that is mandatory as well. I still recommend at 5 green and at least 4 blue, so 4/5/4 is the best offense build while you could also go 5/5/3 if you want her specialized as a tile stealer - but I don't think it's good to give up that much on Power of Attorney.
    at this point, if you want a specialized tile stealer u should just use moonstone/loki/etc.

Totally different animals. Loki only steals strike and protect tiles- being able to steal attack tiles is incredibly usable. Moonstone does have a better power, true, but she also has half the HP Shulkie has - one of Jen's main selling points is that she takes a while to put down.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Totally different animals. Loki only steals strike and protect tiles- being able to steal attack tiles is incredibly usable. Moonstone does have a better power, true, but she also has half the HP Shulkie has - one of Jen's main selling points is that she takes a while to put down.
    what are u talking about? we're talking about meta, you're talking about PVP most likely
  • Quebbster
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    what are u talking about? we're talking about meta, you're talking about PVP most likely
    What's the difference? I like using She-Hulk in both PvP and PvE. I have been breaking her out in the Simulator to break up those pesky Cage/Iron Fist tag teams, for instance. Tends to work quite well for me at least.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    What's the difference? I like using She-Hulk in both PvP and PvE. I have been breaking her out in the Simulator to break up those pesky Cage/Iron Fist tag teams, for instance. Tends to work quite well for me at least.
    if you do not know the difference between PVE and PVP padawan, I cannot show you that
  • Quebbster
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    if you do not know the difference between PVE and PVP padawan, I cannot show you that
    I tend to do well in both, thank you very much. I was wondering what the difference between you discussing "meta" and me "probably discussing PvP" was. If you can't or don't want to explain that's fine though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I tend to do well in both, thank you very much. I was wondering what the difference between you discussing "meta" and me "probably discussing PvP" was. If you can't or don't want to explain that's fine though.
    didn't say how well you do or didn't do, and yes, as I said before:
    raisinbman wrote:
    if you do not know the difference between meta and PVP padawan, I cannot show you that
  • Unknown
    Options
    Unclear what he is referring to, but 'meta' in online terms is usually used to define what the common themes are, or in this case, what the common teams are in PVP. You can out 'meta' the 'meta' by picking a strong team against the popular team. Sounds like people are thinking She-Hulks green is a counter to the current meta power house of 'cage + IF'. At least that is what I gather icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    Unclear what he is referring to, but 'meta' in online terms is usually used to define what the common themes are, or in this case, what the common teams are in PVP. You can out 'meta' the 'meta' by picking a strong team against the popular team. Sounds like people are thinking She-Hulks green is a counter to the current meta power house of 'cage + IF'. At least that is what I gather icon_razz.gif
    nope
  • Quebbster
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    I certainly like it. icon_e_smile.gif She-Hulk + Hood + Loki is almost a cheat code against overpowered PVP nodes as you can pretty much make sure the opposition never has the AP to fire any abilities.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    I certainly like it. icon_e_smile.gif She-Hulk + Hood + Loki is almost a cheat code against overpowered PVP nodes as you can pretty much make sure the opposition never has the AP to fire any abilities.
    The problem being that it takes about half a year to kill the enemy team with that setup.
    But it's an awesome troll team to put in at 500 in PVP icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just read the last couple of pages here and wondering if anyone else had any further thoughts...

I am currently sitting on 4/5/4 and just got a red.

I have gathered from others that Green really should be 5 to have it's best chance of impact and Blue at 4 gives you the extra tile. Which leaves Red at 4.

I have found her Red useful, as it often gives cascades, gets rid of annoying tiles you don't want and does reasonable damage to the enemy team.

Is there a good enough case for 5 Red with a little more tile destruction and damage over losing control of 1 special tile or 25% reduction to an enemy color?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just read the last couple of pages here and wondering if anyone else had any further thoughts...

I have gathered from others that Green really should be 5 to have it's best chance of impact and Blue at 4 gives you the extra tile. Which leaves Red at 4.

I have found her Red useful, as it often gives cascades, gets rid of annoying tiles you don't want and does reasonable damage to the enemy team.

Is there a good enough case for 5 Red with a little more tile destruction and damage over losing control of 1 special tile or 25% reduction to an enemy color?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From my experience playing, her red causes cascades more reliably at 5 covers than at 4.
    Her blue may steal 2 tiles at 4 covers, but it needs 3 tiles present to do that. For instance, against the team of Cage + Fist it won't work.
    For me it's 3/5/5 as it is. If her blue were to decrease the strength of the tile it leaves for the enemy, it might be worth gimping red. Maybe not even then as it can be too random for 9 AP.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

The gain from the fifth red is about a 25% increase in damage (at max level 4 covers in PoA deals 1261 damage while 5 covers deal 1644 damage) and 3 extra tiles destroyed (from 13 to 16). It's not really that big a difference IMO. Blue isn't used much, but when you go up against a special tile spammer (Daken, 2* Bullseye are just the start) that fourth cover in blue can make a big difference.
    YMMV, obviously. 5 green is in my opinion the only must. 5 blue may be taking it too far, but I certainly won't fault anyone for going 3/5/5.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Blue isn't used much, but when you go up against a special tile spammer (Daken, 2* Bullseye are just the start) that fourth cover in blue can make a big difference.
    The question to ask is, if you're going up against a tile spammer, is she you're best option? I'm thinking not so much anymore. I've finally given up and decided to go 3 blue, because it no longer seems relevant. A nice bonus, but not the reason I'm going to bring her into a battle.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Blue isn't used much, but when you go up against a special tile spammer (Daken, 2* Bullseye are just the start) that fourth cover in blue can make a big difference.
    The question to ask is, if you're going up against a tile spammer, is she you're best option? I'm thinking not so much anymore. I've finally given up and decided to go 3 blue, because it no longer seems relevant. A nice bonus, but not the reason I'm going to bring her into a battle.
    True. I usually rely heavily on the boosted characters for variety, so I have been using She-Hulk a lot in the Hulk event now with good results. I think the gains from 3->4 blue and 4->5 red are both pretty marginal - red is likely to be used more but doesn't make quite as big a difference while blue makes quite a lot of difference very infrequently.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm happy with 4/4/5, myself, because I like the extra damage from red (since red team damage is rare, I usually end up casting Power of Attorney a lot) and because I don't really see the overriding need for 5 green. The difference between dropping a color to 0 and dropping it to 25% is often a matter of 1 or 2 AP, and the power is so cheap that you're often going to cast it again (and again, and again...) before they get a chance to build back up. Sometimes it will matter, yes, but often enough to sacrifice reliable damage or the ability to ever get a second tile from Settlement?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm happy with 4/4/5, myself, because I like the extra damage from red (since red team damage is rare, I usually end up casting Power of Attorney a lot) and because I don't really see the overriding need for 5 green. The difference between dropping a color to 0 and dropping it to 25% is often a matter of 1 or 2 AP, and the power is so cheap that you're often going to cast it again (and again, and again...)
    I used to think the same, but I've given in, pretty much for the reason you just said. Since you're going to cast it repeatedly, you don't want to waste it on a color you just got through dropping from 4 to 1. And since the RNG seems to go out of its way to screw me, that's pretty much what I'd expect to happen again and again.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is a very fair point. God knows the RNG hates all of us with a white-hot violent fervor.

Except Jamie Madrox.