*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She-Hulk is really going to shine in the IF pvp since she is buffed along with Luke Cage. Can't wait to use her blue to steal their attack and protect tile each match.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The name of the game for this team is AP generation.
    She Hulk x/x/5
    GSBW 5/3/5
    Mohawk 5/5/3

I would say only the 5 in GSBW purple and the 5 in mohawk green are necessary, but this is the best configuration to use this team. You will be using She Hulk red, GSBW purple, and Mohawk green/yellow. The best colors to focus on first are green or purple. You either use purple to make green or get enough green to fire off Storm's green. Storm yellow and She Hulk red are used for board shake leading to cascades and a little bit more damage to increase the speed of the team. Fire off the yellow before storm green or GSBW purple to get worthless TU tiles out of the way. I usually rotate through all of the three enemies, leaving them around the same HP, so that I can eventually finish them off with a Sniper Rifle or Power of Attorney. I easily took down Sim 41 and 42 with level 395 enemies in the last Gauntlet using this team. The main issue with this team is that if one of them dies, you are basically screwed, but once you get the machine running the enemy rarely gets another turn.

I just tried this; I wasn't impressed. Too random so I didn't ever get to actually cast Storm's Green more than twice in a row, and it rarely got me back the green or purple to keep going. Since using Widow's purple almost always gets me Sniper Rifle AP outright, that would be the better option most times. Shulk just sat there being mildly useless, except for the one time it got to cast her red. More importantly, the team has all the resilience of a sheet of paper under the rain; in the time it took to start the "combo", Storm often took enough damage to considerate using a Health pack before each game, and Widow, enough to need one every two.

cMags seems like a much better option than Shulk, with an actually useful blue and a strong, board-shaking red, but at that point, I might as well make my third character Switch instead of Storm, and Sniper rifle a victory (or 75% of it) by turn 4-5. If I wanted a more cutesy victory, then I guess I'd replace Mohawk with 2* Storm, whose green actually becomes better the more green you have, helping the chances of keeping the combo running, and bring Black Panther, Hood or Luke Cage for black and yellow powers and to tank/protect Storm.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I might as well make my third character Switch instead of Storm, and Sniper rifle a victory (or 75% of it) by turn 4-5.
    3912 damage gets you 75% to victory? Are we talking strategies for fighting seed teams??
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    The name of the game for this team is AP generation.
    She Hulk x/x/5
    GSBW 5/3/5
    Mohawk 5/5/3

I would say only the 5 in GSBW purple and the 5 in mohawk green are necessary, but this is the best configuration to use this team. You will be using She Hulk red, GSBW purple, and Mohawk green/yellow. The best colors to focus on first are green or purple. You either use purple to make green or get enough green to fire off Storm's green. Storm yellow and She Hulk red are used for board shake leading to cascades and a little bit more damage to increase the speed of the team. Fire off the yellow before storm green or GSBW purple to get worthless TU tiles out of the way. I usually rotate through all of the three enemies, leaving them around the same HP, so that I can eventually finish them off with a Sniper Rifle or Power of Attorney. I easily took down Sim 41 and 42 with level 395 enemies in the last Gauntlet using this team. The main issue with this team is that if one of them dies, you are basically screwed, but once you get the machine running the enemy rarely gets another turn.

I just tried this; I wasn't impressed. Too random so I didn't ever get to actually cast Storm's Green more than twice in a row, and it rarely got me back the green or purple to keep going. Since using Widow's purple almost always gets me Sniper Rifle AP outright, that would be the better option most times. Shulk just sat there being mildly useless, except for the one time it got to cast her red. More importantly, the team has all the resilience of a sheet of paper under the rain; in the time it took to start the "combo", Storm often took enough damage to considerate using a Health pack before each game, and Widow, enough to need one every two.

cMags seems like a much better option than Shulk, with an actually useful blue and a strong, board-shaking red, but at that point, I might as well make my third character Switch instead of Storm, and Sniper rifle a victory (or 75% of it) by turn 4-5. If I wanted a more cutesy victory, then I guess I'd replace Mohawk with 2* Storm, whose green actually becomes better the more green you have, helping the chances of keeping the combo running, and bring Black Panther, Hood or Luke Cage for black and yellow powers and to tank/protect Storm.

It does occasionally fail, but it's probably successful for me about 90% of the time. Using Storm yellow before using GSBW purple or Storm green makes both of them return more useful AP. I also had to learn to make 4 matches with GSBW green instead of match 5s in order to get other colors needed to continue the combo. I've also seen people swap out She Hulk for Cmags or GSBW for KK, but Cmags red and Storm yellow are redundant. Like I said, I've taken down 60k worth of HP once I've gotten this started, and I don't think one Sniper Rifle would have been able to help me do that. I'm often able to fire green off 3 times in a row or purple twice, so maybe I just get lucky.
  • anyone have further thoughts on the shulkie nerf and how she plays now? Kinda feeling like I should just dump blue and go 5 red
  • raisinbman wrote:
    anyone have further thoughts on the shulkie nerf and how she plays now? Kinda feeling like I should just dump blue and go 5 red

I feel like the sweet spot for her now is 4 blueflag.png / 4 greenflag.png / 5 redflag.png

I like staying at 4 blue because you still steal 2 special tiles (as long as 3+ are on the board), and the dropoff from 5->4 in green feels pretty negligible.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    anyone have further thoughts on the shulkie nerf and how she plays now? Kinda feeling like I should just dump blue and go 5 red

Red is

Level 166:
    3: 883 x3 = 2649 (294 D/AP)
    4: 1261 x3 = 3783 (420 D/AP)
    5: 1644 x3 = 4932 (548 D/AP)

Level 290 should be about
    3: 1545 x3 = 4635 (515 D/AP)
    4: 2205 x3 = 6615 (735 D/AP)
    5: 2877 x3 = 8631 (959 D/AP)

She's just a bad character. Green is annoying on defense but always misses on offense, even with multiple casts. Blue is too slow to use against automatic characters like Cage or Fist and not that effective against spammers like Bullseye, Daken, Blade or Carnage. Blue also doesn't really counter special tile producers, you're still getting beat by their attack or strike tiles, you're just removing 2 of theirs from play (which will quickly get replaced anyway).

Tweaks I would like to see:
    Red: 20% damage increase, 5 cover red would have about the same damage ratio as Hulkbuster / better than 3*DP and Torch (but spread out over 3 characters instead of single target nuke).

Blue: Targets all enemy attack, strike and defense tiles on the board, 1-3 covers steals 33% rounded up, 4+ covers 66% rounded down. Same tile strength increase as it currently has (very compelling reason to go 5 cover blue).

Green: Raise AP cost to 9
    1) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0
    2) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, 1 additional pool by 25%.
    3) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, 2 additional pools by 25%.
    4) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, 3 additional pools by 25%.
    5) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, other 6 pools by 25%.
    ** 18 Green AP currently reduces 6 out 7 pools to 0, with this change 2 will be reduced to 0, remaining 5 will be dropped by about 50%.

Red needs a damage increase, blue will still be only mediocre against Cage/Fist but she will pair a lot better with Patch/Carnage and will be a more effective counter to Daken/Bullseye, Green will gain some much needed consistency.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Red is

Level 166:
    3: 883 x3 = 2649 (294 D/AP)
    4: 1261 x3 = 3783 (420 D/AP)
    5: 1644 x3 = 4932 (548 D/AP)

Level 290 should be about
    3: 1545 x3 = 4635 (515 D/AP)
    4: 2205 x3 = 6615 (735 D/AP)
    5: 2877 x3 = 8631 (959 D/AP)

She's just a bad character. Green is annoying on defense but always misses on offense, even with multiple casts. Blue is too slow to use against automatic characters like Cage or Fist and not that effective against spammers like Bullseye, Daken, Blade or Carnage. Blue also doesn't really counter special tile producers, you're still getting beat by their attack or strike tiles, you're just removing 2 of theirs from play (which will quickly get replaced anyway).

Tweaks I would like to see:
    Red: 20% damage increase, 5 cover red would have about the same damage ratio as Hulkbuster / better than 3*DP and Torch (but spread out over 3 characters instead of single target nuke).

Blue: Targets all enemy attack, strike and defense tiles on the board, 1-3 covers steals 33% rounded up, 4+ covers 66% rounded down.

Green: Raise AP cost to 9
    1) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0
    2) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, 1 additional pool by 25%.
    3) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, 2 additional pools by 25%.
    4) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, 3 additional pools by 25%.
    5) Reduces 1 AP pool to 0, other 6 pools by 25%.
    ** 18 Green AP currently reduces 6 out 7 pools to 0, with this change 2 will be reduced to 0, remaining 5 will be dropped by about 50%.

Red needs a damage increase, blue will still be only mediocre against Cage/Fist but she will pair a lot better with Patch/Carnage and will be a more effective counter to Daken/Bullseye, Green will gain some much needed consistency.
    too bad they don't fix characters anymore...but I agree blue sucks...can pretty much just bring a moonstone teamup since she's nerfed now
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still like my 4/5/4 She-Hulk. Red still does decent damage and shakeup, and stealing two tiles instead of one comes in handy every now and then.
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    Can someone explain in simple terms exactly how Settlement works (blue power)? At max level it says:

"Randomly selects up to 3 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 191."

So let's say there is 1 enemy protect tile of 100, 1 enemy strike tile of 200, and 1 enemy attack tile of 300. What would be the end result?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can someone explain in simple terms exactly how Settlement works (blue power)? At max level it says:

"Randomly selects up to 3 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 191."

So let's say there is 1 enemy protect tile of 100, 1 enemy strike tile of 200, and 1 enemy attack tile of 300. What would be the end result?

Depends on how many covers you have in the power, if you have 4 or 5 then after using the power you would have two of those tiles and they would have been strengthened by 191 e.g. if you got the strike and attack they would now be 391 and 491.
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

Depends on how many covers you have in the power, if you have 4 or 5 then after using the power you would have two of those tiles and they would have been strengthened by 191 e.g. if you got the strike and attack they would now be 391 and 491.
    Thanks, I think I get it. It's the "selects 3 tiles" that confused me. They should clarify the wording to say that 2 tiles are being selected if that's actually the number of tiles she's stealing.

Anyway, if there's only 1 enemy tile on the whole board, would she steal it with this power?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

Thanks, I think I get it. It's the "selects 3 tiles" that confused me. They should clarify the wording to say that 2 tiles are being selected if that's actually the number of tiles she's stealing.

Anyway, if there's only 1 enemy tile on the whole board, would she steal it with this power?
    It's actually a bit more complicated than just stealing. If there are only two special tiles on the board you will only get one while your opponent gets the other.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Use her with Kamala Khan for those super-duper AP denial. She_Hulk has relatively cheap abilities, so KK healing comes quickly. Use KK's purple to get lots of green to drain the enemy AP, and KK's healing will be able to prevent most match damage. Of course, 3-star Iron Man will also help with lots of green generation.

If you're playing someone that generates special tiles, I use She Hulk as 4/5/4. Otherwise, I go 3/5/5. ALWAYS keep Furious Charge at 5. It prevents you from hitting the same color twice when you use Furious Charge multiple times in a row.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus wrote:
    Anyone still use her on regular basis?
    I like teaming her with IM40 and 3cage and use that trio quite a bit. Set Cage's red to 5 and IM40's blue to 5. Prioritize green, blue, and red using IM40's recharge to gain all three. Cage's defense tile will mitigate most match damage and She-Hulk's green will keep the enemy from using any powers. Use IM40's blue and She-Hulk's red as offense.

Doesn't work against goons but in PvP and non-goon PvE this is a very effective team.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She is very underrated try her with KK and IM40 all green and red goes towards She-Hulk, max IM40's blue attack and max KK yellow and purple. Cast her green as often as possible to keep the enemy starved for ap and let her red and IM40's blue do the damage. The point is to deny and keep your team at max health, you should be able to cast 2+powers each turn after you get your first batch of IM40 yellow countdowns out. When I was in 3-star land this was the team I used to climb in the simulator, when played right you rarely if ever have to use a health pack. Just avoid 3-star Hulk he will put up so many anger countdowns he can really hit you hard if they resolve poorly but this team works well against most 4-star teams as well you just need to deny.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    When I was in threestar land I enjoyed playing She-Hulk, Loki and Hood together. The opponent basically never had any AP to use any powers. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    When I was in threestar land I enjoyed playing She-Hulk, Loki and Hood together. The opponent basically never had any AP to use any powers. icon_e_smile.gif
    I have played a variation of this, subbing in Peggy for Loki to great effect. You don't get Loki's AP theft but Peggy makes everything more expensive and adds a nice offensive punch. The Hood and Shulkie still provide plenty of AP denial.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I like it, but either Hood/Loki on this team is basically redundant. Sub one of those (probably Hood) for 3cage and you also eliminate match damage and get a boost to bulk & offense as well.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I like it, but either Hood/Loki on this team is basically redundant. Sub one of those (probably Hood) for 3cage and you also eliminate match damage and get a boost to bulk & offense as well.
    That was Another fun team - She-Hulk/Cag3/Kamala Khan. But yeah, Hood/Loki wasn't the fastest combination. I may not even have had a good Cag3 back when I was playing it...