Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• coolbond wrote:
    nobody1111 wrote:
    So today I did the biggest push I ever did since I started playing this game,I slowly edged up to 800 and then 1000, and then when everyone was distracted with the new event I did a massive full out push and reached and shielded at 1318 just in time to dodge 5 attackers.
    And I don't even need punisher O:
    i have you in my sights for my final push =)) i promise to be gentle
    I shielded for 24 hours and I'm not planning to move from my comfy spot till the end, so go ahead and let it rip. (rip my 350HP T_T)
    I found that it's alot harder to push the later I wait since everyone else is also pushing and pushing me down. I:
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    coolbond wrote:
    nobody1111 wrote:
    So today I did the biggest push I ever did since I started playing this game,I slowly edged up to 800 and then 1000, and then when everyone was distracted with the new event I did a massive full out push and reached and shielded at 1318 just in time to dodge 5 attackers.
    And I don't even need punisher O:
    i have you in my sights for my final push =)) i promise to be gentle
    I shielded for 24 hours and I'm not planning to move from my comfy spot till the end, so go ahead and let it rip. (rip my 350HP T_T)
    I found that it's alot harder to push the later I wait since everyone else is also pushing and pushing me down. I:
    *cackling maniacally* last hour is my push time =) push for 1200-1300 already got several juicy targets prepared
  • Much thanks to Kyip who I hit about 10 times to put me over 1300. He was shielded so i didn't have to feel bad.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    Much thanks to Kyip who I hit about 10 times to put me over 1300. He was shielded so i didn't have to feel bad.
    Same here, I kept skiping until I found him and hit him till I passed 1300.
    Thank you Kyip. thank you for shielding.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wooo! What a rush!

My first time making it to 1100, and now at the top of EmeryT's bracket.

The Simulator distraction really helped and I only got attacked about 3-4 times on this morning's run. Everyone having a new Falcon, plus the new MMR, made it with lots of easier teams at the top to climb on top of. Didn't hit anyone I recognized from around here.

Shielded now, so feel free to hit away if you've got me.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    Much thanks to Kyip who I hit about 10 times to put me over 1300. He was shielded so i didn't have to feel bad.

So we've had Knock3r, Kakko, and now Kyip who have been visible behind shields for big points. I think we should coin a term for the person who ends up in this role each tourney.

1. Pinata
    2. PB (for punching bag)
    3. Pez (dispensing points)
    4. ATM (same as 3)
    5. Buffet (all you can eat)
  • Jozier and Bee sorry I hit you guys (Jozier twice) but i was making my run and trying to cement my 1st place spot and i seen you guy both had 1300+ so figured that you already got all the rewards you likely wanted so borrowed a few icon_eek.gif .
    I got Kensterr in my bracket and well you guys know how it is.
    Im shielded up uncharacteristically early now so feel free to hit me back icon_e_smile.gif

Edit- And yeah i seen Kyip for a pretty good point amount as well
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:

So we've had Knock3r, Kakko, and now Kyip who have been visible behind shields for big points. I think we should coin a term for the person who ends up in this role each tourney.

1. Pinata
    2. PB (for punching bag)
    3. Pez (dispensing points)
    4. ATM (same as 3)
    5. Buffet (all you can eat)

If you use beezer's "PvP Pinata" term I think that would covey the meaning completely!
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:
    Same here, I kept skiping until I found him and hit him till I passed 1300.
    Thank you Kyip. thank you for shielding.

You are all welcome :p
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Jozier and Bee sorry I hit you guys (Jozier twice) but i was making my run and trying to cement my 1st place spot and i seen you guy both had 1300+ so figured that you already got all the rewards you likely wanted so borrowed a few icon_eek.gif .
    I got Kensterr in my bracket and well you guys know how it is.
    Im shielded up uncharacteristically early now so feel free to hit me back icon_e_smile.gif

Edit- And yeah i seen Kyip for a pretty good point amount as well

Yeah you caused me to shield out. I didn't want to risk it too much since kyip was the only person anywhere near my point level so I had to skip to find him and attack him. I hit a dead zone where despite there being plenty of 11-1200 people around, I was getting matched up with 900 point opponents. And I hadn't tanked my roster either.
  • Yeah i didnt tank for this event either and there was a noticeable difference up till about 600? But i feel that overall i kept seeing overall higher point value targets as well.

Anyhow hearing about Kyip makes me think that maybe they changed it back so that shielded people are visible again?
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Yeah i didnt tank for this event either and there was a noticeable difference up till about 600? But i feel that overall i kept seeing overall higher point value targets as well.

Anyhow hearing about Kyip makes me think that maybe they changed it back so that shielded people are visible again?

It's only some people. There's been a few PVPs recently (knock3r, kakko, kyip) where someone is shielded but appears in the queues over and over. It doesn't always happen (those of us in SHIELD only see each other when we're unshielded).

It's a nice little glitch that we all get to benefit from.
  • Conclusion: If Your nickname begins with "K", do the community a favour and grind as high as possible, then shield. Thank You.

Btw. I'm starting my push now. Lost almost 300pts during 12hrs - nice! Any retreats to me will be much appreciated.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Conclusion: If Your nickname begins with "K", do the community a favour and grind as high as possible, then shield. Thank You.

Btw. I'm starting my push now. Lost almost 300pts during 12hrs - nice! Any retreats to me will be much appreciated.

Lol i was thinking much the same thing
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Damn you TheLadder for hitting me just as I hit 1100

Finished my fight in under two minutes, the score said 1100 on the dot and 1 second later I see TheLadder (-42), I thought I had my 1100, it's the second time today I've been denied my 1100 yellow Falcon cover icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Did something happen to 5DV? They don't show up on the top 10 leaderboard.
  • jozier wrote:
    Did something happen to 5DV? They don't show up on the top 10 leaderboard.
    Stealth tactic. They left Alliance and will join near the end. That's my assumption.
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Damn you TheLadder for hitting me just as I hit 1100

Finished my fight in under two minutes, the score said 1100 on the dot and 1 second later I see TheLadder (-42), I thought I had my 1100, it's the second time today I've been denied my 1100 yellow Falcon cover icon_e_biggrin.gif

You're on about earlier? It won't help your mood if I tell you that all three of my team were left with less than 1000 health after than battle, a couple in the low hundreds. Not sure how I even won it, real backs to the wall effort...
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i'm shielded, feel free to hit me.

btw, htf is kyip at 1500 rating, running 85 obw, 102 thor, 30 falcon. every hit should knock 50 off, he's been unshielded every time i've hit him, cause he keeps showing back up on my target list... meaning he's at max mmr and is basically wearing a kick me sign. how is it possible?

edit: read through the thread... weird stuff.
  • bloodwars wrote:
    i'm shielded, feel free to hit me.

btw, htf is kyip at 1500 rating, running 85 obw, 102 thor, 30 falcon. every hit should knock 50 off, he's been unshielded every time i've hit him, cause he keeps showing back up on my target list... meaning he's at max mmr and is basically wearing a kick me sign. how is it possible?

We suspect there's an occasional glitch in shielding, so that someone appears in the queue while still shielded. So we all beat up on him, and he gets the occasional defensive win from someone getting cascaded by his OBW.

All those occasional defensive wins add up over time since he's not losing any points.

He popped into this thread, maybe he can confirm he's shielded and his phone/computer are going nuts?