Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    ^ Just had one of those myself - OBW was the sole survivor with about 80 HP remaining.

Thanks boosted strike tiles and Espionage!
  • Up to 950 right now. Had an unfortunate loss against OBW + Lazy Thor after a massive cascade, so I'm waiting for health packs to regenerate. Hopefully I don't get attacked too much while I'm recovering healthpacks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, these OBW/Thor teams remind me of the darkest days of Thorverine.
    Isn't it great having Desert AND Jungle in PVP constantly, so that your 141 team can be shredded by 1* teams at any minute for -40?
    And of course by the 2*s running OBW and Thor.

The next time someone moans about not being able to progress in PVP because there's a wall of 141s, I'll think of this.

I'm getting tired of this, really. Still not pushing, but already not looking forward to it. At all.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alright, just hit 1100.

I've thrown up a shield, since I'd like to hold onto 1st in my bracket, but if you see me any time in the next ~23 hours, then go for it.
  • First time beat 900 points thanks to 135 Shield Bro and (finally) maxed OBW but its impossible to get more points. Wall of 141 lvls and losing -40 points now. Anyway Im happy with perfomance.

And Im seeing that Emeryt is really generous for all of us recently icon_e_smile.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I saw my 1st maxed falcon.. Machi1970 sth like this.. Got a weird roster though.. Anyway, falcon in full effect is scary.. I skipped.. Defeat guaranteed.. And i didnt feel stunlock him for an hour.. I reach 1100 Pts and think leave it at that.. Its a war down there and i already filfulled my goals.. I shielded 3 hours ago.. Feel free to hit me (got a manageable 50 falcon- 141 pun/ spidey...)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Shielded at 1000 for now, will probably be trying for the last 100 points in about 7 hours from this post.

walkyourpath: You came up in my nodes. Is there a good time to try yours when you are either shielded or don't mind an attack?

I'm making my run at 1100 tomorrow - go for it!

Thanks. You showed up again before 1100, so I was able to do a join-retreat for you and a few other forum folks that I spotted.

Sitting unshielded above 1000 right now, feel free to attack me if I come up on your nodes before tonight.
  • Nemek wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

All that ISO is actually earned, never bought ISO. I bought some HP back in like Nov?
    Are you really sure?

It's not too surprising. You could probably get that in 3ish weeks of play if you don't spend ISO.

Pretty sure I'd spend $400 on a PS4 instead of 200K in ISO.

Nemek, you pretty much nailed it with the 3 weeks of saving. That's almost exactly how long I've been saving for. I think rumors of your legendary horde are what inspired me to start. Last I heard, yours was more than double mine.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    ^ Just had one of those myself - OBW was the sole survivor with about 80 HP remaining.

Thanks boosted strike tiles and Espionage!

Yup, this is how my match vs. walkyourpath went last night. I didn't expect to win, but figured what the hell. It was the longest match I've had in a while.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

All that ISO is actually earned, never bought ISO. I bought some HP back in like Nov?
    Are you really sure?

It's not too surprising. You could probably get that in 3ish weeks of play if you don't spend ISO.

Pretty sure I'd spend $400 on a PS4 instead of 200K in ISO.

Nemek, you pretty much nailed it with the 3 weeks of saving. That's almost exactly how long I've been saving for. I think rumors of your legendary horde are what inspired me to start. Last I heard, yours was more than double mine.
    It's simply that i don't understand the point of saving that many isos.. for what? if you were one of that shield member who rack up Hp and isos like crazy, sittin on a roster full of maxed chars, i could arguably understand but last time i checked it did'nt seem that way.. anyway, i'm glad u've got your ps4 (which you should undust if i could judge by the time u must spend on mpq) and if not, it really does'nt matter.. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • It's simply that i don't understand the point of saving that many isos.. for what? if you were one of that shield member who rack up Hp and isos like crazy, sittin on a roster full of maxed chars, i could arguably understand but last time i checked it did'nt seem that way.. anyway, i'm glad u've got your ps4 (which you should undust if i could judge by the time u must spend on mpq) and if not, it really does'nt matter.. icon_mrgreen.gif

I already have several maxed 3*s. I could max some more but I'm not sold on BP, Psylocke, or HT. I'd rather be able to go hard at Fury or the upcoming 3*s when they come out.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    Options
    pushing to 1100... Please give me time :>
  • if anyone has me, i'm shielded right now, but it's a short window. an hour or so maybe. so until 1030est no retals. sitting at 1.1k.

i'd like to push for 1300 (it'd be my first time), but we'll see how it goes.
  • I'm also currently shielded at 1077. Feel free to attack. The 3-hour shield will run out at the 24 hour mark, which is when I'll do a quick match or two to get my cover.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Thanks for the delicious retals dudes aaaaand
    mission accomplished!

TduabSdl.png

NO SHIELDING FREE BUFFET!

Edit: I'm so glad I respecced Magneto to 5/5/3 (had red & purple and a compromise 5/4/4 build, wanted to experiment), I'll probably keep him that way, the spammability is just out of this world. If the devs aren't gonna buff X-Force, maybe Magneto is safe from nerfs for now as well.

Post-edit-edit: Falcon is a free snack, just run the loaner so as not to waste your healthpacks on him unless your Falcon is already at 3k health.
  • Nice. Congrats.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Thanks for the delicious retals dudes aaaaand
    mission accomplished!

TduabSdl.png

NO SHIELDING FREE BUFFET!

Edit: I'm so glad I respecced Magneto to 5/5/3 (had red & purple and a compromise 5/4/4 build, wanted to experiment), I'll probably keep him that way, the spammability is just out of this world. If the devs aren't gonna buff X-Force, maybe Magneto is safe from nerfs for now as well.

Post-edit-edit: Falcon is a free snack, just run the loaner so as not to waste your healthpacks on him unless your Falcon is already at 3k health.

Nice job locked!

I may have overdone the tanking.... icon_e_confused.gif

I tanked so hard, I am seeing WannaBSkrull seed teams again!? icon_lol.gif
  • Im shielded for 18 hrs or so and am not retaliating. Is that how it works? I didnt put up a dumb team but im beatable (apparently... I keep getting smacked)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will be starting my run now - although I'm at 700, so that'll be a marathon :S
    So if you see me, donate some points, or at least hold off on the attacks until I post again - thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll give it a go tonight. Unshielded now, was close to 900 when I stopped last night but attacks dipped me below 800 this morning.

Gamblor did you retreat to me during your tank extravaganza? If so thanks