Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Yea it seems like nothing but OBW and Thor. I'm shielded right now at 1061 because I expect to get blasted by the guys I hit to get there. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 2 quick nodes for 1100.

EDIT: 1100 achieved!

wa2TpL4.jpg

Nice! I will try to get around 900 or 1100 if possible tonight. After that it will be "Ghast" method time, will also try to save a seed team so you guys can PvP piñata Bag-man instead of Patch & C.mags
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In light of all the Thor/OBW comments - would you guys rather run 128 Thor (2/5/5, so about best you can hope for) with 85 OBW (4/5/4 - 5th black has been so elusive) or 110 Shieldbro (will be steadily increasing during event and have 14k in the bank, so maybe more like 116+, 3/5/5)? In Doom I ran with OBW just to keep from having to waste time on the side healing or health packs, but it's maybe a weaker defensive team, not sure.
  • Is it possible to hit 1,100pts with only a 2* team?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded at 1000 for now, will probably be trying for the last 100 points in about 7 hours from this post.

walkyourpath: You came up in my nodes. Is there a good time to try yours when you are either shielded or don't mind an attack?
  • Doragon wrote:
    Is it possible to hit 1,100pts with only a 2* team?

Probably with a lot of boosts and shields. At which point unless you're trying to bank points for the season, it may just be easier to buy a level on the cover.
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    Shielded at 1000 for now, will probably be trying for the last 100 points in about 7 hours from this post.

walkyourpath: You came up in my nodes. Is there a good time to try yours when you are either shielded or don't mind an attack?

I'm making my run at 1100 tomorrow - go for it!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    My current queue is walkyourpath, Brady28, and Knyghtmare. Fun times.
  • Just overtook NoMistake as the leader of my bracket.. Luckily I don't need to fight that 141 falcon icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Apparently today is "bash Storm" day since every encounter has had her take >50% damage. Even from one of the seed teams.
    Also, I kinda wish Falcon actually did something. icon_e_sad.gif
  • pretty annoying that every team is OBW and thor or a 3 star :s I unfortunately haven't been lucky enough to max out OBW yet, makes it pretty difficult to compete. top 50 shouldn't be an issue for a cover, but top 10 is gonna be difficult. the season 1 event has made the competition on these alot harder.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    Options
    lol lost a couple of humiliating fights to cMagneto cascades (IN DESERT of all places) while I had Spidey - quite humiliating (no blue for me, nope)
    and to mStorm + oBW IN HIGH-TECH - soul-destroying. I had 5-5-3 cMagneto on my side.

Okay I think I'm almost mentally recuperated and can continue the climb.
    *twitch* *twitch*
    I need to use Spidey and blue boosts it seems. <- not really but still
  • ...team is OBW and thor ... 3 star ... makes it pretty difficult.

That's a great idea! Thanks, new guy!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time in a long time that I've really pushed in a PvP.

A few questions:

Everyone talks about hitting 1100 for the cover. I've just edged past 900 now, at what point should I expect to see matches consistently drop below 20 points?

I assume that by the time I get to 1100, I'll be looking at 4-6 point matches for the most part - 1100 to 1300 is a short enough gap that I would expect to hear people pushing that far for a 4* cover, but if it's down to an average of 5 points for a match, then that ~40 match run is going to be nearly impossible. (or in the form of an actual question: Why don't people push to 1300?)

I should probably tell you some stuff about my team, etc. in case that impacts what I'll encounter in some way.

Falcon 0/1/1 - I've been alternating between using my Falcon and the loaner, since I've been alternating teams until now. Loaner gets used in the Punisher/Cap team, 011 gets used in the Patch/Panther team.

Punisher 3/4/3 L102 - Soft Capped. Not much to say, an extra Green cover and the levels it would provide and I think I wouldn't bother switching between line ups. It is what it is.
    Cap 2/4/5 L102 - Got a cover recently from a Heroic token, so he could be taken up to a cap of 115. I enjoy partnering him with Punisher; he covers blue and yellow for Falcon, and his red is a great opener against an opposing tank, although a little risky if opposing Falcon is still in play.

Patch 3/5/5 L141 - Patch.
    Panther 5/4/4 L123 - Not an optimal build, but I've just been applying covers as they come. Still, Zerker Rage + Panther Rage does the job, or most of it. I did just hit some progression rewards, so I have a bit of ISO to spend, which could give Panther another level or two.

I've been using Patch and Panther for the last ~300 points or so, since I decided that Panther's blue was the best way to counter opposing OBW's healing.

other notables:
    Hulk 5/3/5 L102
    Spidey 3/5/5 L75
    OBW 5/5/3 L85
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I wish I had your bank account my friend lol

All that ISO is actually earned, never bought ISO. I bought some HP back in like Nov?
    Are you really sure?
  • I've seen others say that they are sitting on 300,000+ ISO and I believe them. They're waiting for Godot, which I can only assume is the code name for the promised X-Force Wolverine buff.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I've seen others say that they are sitting on 300,000+ ISO and I believe them. They're waiting for Godot, which I can only assume is the code name for the promised X-Force Wolverine buff.

300,000? pfft, double that and we can start talking hoarder status,

wish I had that much restraint icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God I've never seen so OBW/Thor teams in weeks.

So what's the consensus on the best team to push to 1100?
    Hood doesn't seem to be too much of a deterrent, so Patch/CMags and hope for some lucky defensive cascades while climbing?
    Seems a shame to use Panther without someone who can produce strike tiles, so LT is out I think?
    Or LT/BP for the occasional strike tiles and 2 nuke options?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    God I've never seen so OBW/Thor teams in weeks.

So what's the consensus on the best team to push to 1100?
    Hood doesn't seem to be too much of a deterrent, so Patch/CMags and hope for some lucky defensive cascades while climbing?
    Seems a shame to use Panther without someone who can produce strike tiles, so LT is out I think?
    Or LT/BP for the occasional strike tiles and 2 nuke options?

LT/BP for the intimidation factor. Think of this event as a 2v2 tournament: Falcon is near worthless at lower levels and shouldn't factor into your team compositions. Hood is pretty bad in 2v2 as well: his AP stealing is only going to be helping out 1 character in this case, and I think just having 2 characters that can stand on their own works a lot better in 2v2.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Please please run LT/BP, I'd love to see more of these, my Hood loves them to death

While we're at it, back off zombies, I want to climb to 1100 so that you have fatter points later (I won't shield). So just let me be for approximately an hour lol
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I wish I had your bank account my friend lol

All that ISO is actually earned, never bought ISO. I bought some HP back in like Nov?
    Are you really sure?

It's not too surprising. You could probably get that in 3ish weeks of play if you don't spend ISO.