Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gray-archer-danger-zone-helmet_1.jpg
    It felt necessary.
  • I have no idea how falcon works, fought battle angel and she got her green storm off then falcon starting making protect tiles and birds were flying everywhere in between each turn and countdown tiles were happening, not sure if they were converting their own tiles...

I guess the enemy made protect tiles and mine started converting them. Only thing that makes sense. Falcon does not go well with patch and cmags thats for sure.

Conclusion: Too much nature and chirpy sounds.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    hmmm guessing i'll just fight for points if this is going to be counted with the S H I E L D Season. Pushing to 1100 is going to be tough for me icon_razz.gif

Yeah just keep doing your best. You absolutely have the correct attitude about progression so just keep at it.

ty. I always try my best to keep a positive attitude at times. I wont be bummed out if I can't get enough points for Falcon because I'm always recovering my heroes after im out of health packs (because im not wasting my HP for more) nor am I wasting HP on shields either. So like you said, I'm going to keep at it.

I sure hope the covers you win are good.

I have seen you in my bracket once or twice, so to help a little, if I run across you during this event, I will just go ahead and skip you so as not to impact you negatively.
  • I think I wanna try to get to 1100. Which team would work best for that?

I have Patch, Pun and Hood at 141. Other notable characters are Lazy Cap at 102 and CMags at 110.
    I was thinking either Pun + Hood for the annoyance on defense, or Patch + CMags for faster kill speed on offense.

Alternatively, I can always go with Patch + Pun for fast Rage Molotovs.
  • did some early iso farming to 850 (although dark silence already shielded at the top of my bracket with over 2 days to go!)

anyway tank team in for anyone that wants some cheap points - bagman & moonstone should be pretty obvious....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I guess desert _and_ jungle environments are here to stay in PVP, huh?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I think I wanna try to get to 1100. Which team would work best for that?

I have Patch, Pun and Hood at 141. Other notable characters are Lazy Cap at 102 and CMags at 110.
    I was thinking either Pun + Hood for the annoyance on defense, or Patch + CMags for faster kill speed on offense.

Alternatively, I can always go with Patch + Pun for fast Rage Molotovs.

My notables are Patch @L141, Punisher @L102, Shieldbro Cap @L102 (both of these are soft capped) and Panther @L122.

I've tried a lot of combinations and so far Patch + Panther has been my favourite.

Patch just keeps on being Patch. Particularly handy since I'm not running a healer, so any regen he gets is good times.
    Panther and Shieldbro are both great partners for Falcon, particularly in this event where he's likely to be minimally covered. BP and Cap will cover both Yellow and Blue, and have spenders for that AP. Obviously, fielding both of them at the same time isn't going to be great, so you have to pick.
    Punisher would probably replace Patch in my current line up, if I had some more covers for him.

I think Pun + Hood is going to be a little too fragile on defense - but at max level he might be just enough of a deterrent for attacks in the first place.
    Everyone talks about Patch + CMags, so I assume it must be true. I just got my first red cover for Mags from Doom tourney, so I maybe I should test that out finally - if only ye olde SHIELD training was still around.
  • How the hell does B4CON M4GIC have a 1/1/1 Falcon?!
    Must be a cheater...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    How the hell does B4CON M4GIC have a 1/1/1 Falcon?!
    Must be a cheater...
    Nah, he just started the event during the last 2 hours and his alliance got him the purple.

Running Punisher/Hood for now but not quite satisfied, might switch to Punisher/BP or even LT/BP. These 2 vs 2 tourneys are annoying.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    bahukma wrote:
    Must be a cheater...
    Nah, he just started the event during the last 2 hours and his alliance got him the purple.

Running Punisher/Hood for now but not quite satisfied, might switch to Punisher/BP or even LT/BP. These 2 vs 2 tourneys are annoying.

There totally needs to be an alliance made up of people with seed team names now.
  • A nasty side effect of the Season event and the rewards is offers is that even players with maxed featured heroes will want to place high in all tournaments, so the competition will be fierce even if it wasn't the Falcon cover at 1100. MPQ is becoming more and more hardcore as we keep playing. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Narkon wrote:
    A nasty side effect of the Season event and the rewards is offers is that even players with maxed featured heroes will want to place high in all tournaments, so the competition will be fierce even if it wasn't the Falcon cover at 1100. MPQ is becoming more and more hardcore as we keep playing. icon_e_smile.gif

They're going to force some of us to just start lowering our expectations. Admittedly, it's partly because I need fewer and fewer covers as time goes on, but I'm just not really able to compete for top ten in a standard format tournament (featured+2) anymore because of the wall I hit in the 700s, and the effect that's going to have on me isn't going to be to make me more hardcore, but to start accepting top 25. I'm still going to give my all in tournaments, for the seasons and for my alliance, but I'm actually less hardcore than I was when I always tried to get top ten.

My suspicion is certain people are going to double down, some people are going to ratchet back, some people are going to burn out, and some will continue as always. I'm not sure this is going to get them more money; I"m actually spending less on shields now than I was when top ten was a lot more feasible for me.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    bahukma wrote:
    Must be a cheater...

There totally needs to be an alliance made up of people with seed team names now.

I don't get confused with B4C0N's seed team as much these days as I used to. I always got a laugh out of it though.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    A nasty side effect of the Season event and the rewards is offers is that even players with maxed featured heroes will want to place high in all tournaments, so the competition will be fierce even if it wasn't the Falcon cover at 1100. MPQ is becoming more and more hardcore as we keep playing. icon_e_smile.gif

They're going to force some of us to just start lowering our expectations. Admittedly, it's partly because I need fewer and fewer covers as time goes on, but I'm just not really able to compete for top ten in a standard format tournament (featured+2) anymore because of the wall I hit in the 700s, and the effect that's going to have on me isn't going to be to make me more hardcore, but to start accepting top 25. I'm still going to give my all in tournaments, for the seasons and for my alliance, but I'm actually less hardcore than I was when I always tried to get top ten.

My suspicion is certain people are going to double down, some people are going to ratchet back, some people are going to burn out, and some will continue as always. I'm not sure this is going to get them more money; I"m actually spending less on shields now than I was when top ten was a lot more feasible for me.

I'm getting worried about Fury... I think that having good 4* covers for top players to push for is a good thing, but on the other hand I've been pretty happy with top10 PVP placing throughout my career and I am NOT looking forward to fighting for Fury covers if he's good... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    So the competition for 1100 should be fierce on this one.
    I think we should do what already happened when Mr Rogers was at 1100 (pre Venom Heroic) - just help each other in obtaining it. Get to 1100, then retreat to someone from forums who is pushing. 1100 is most of the time imho more important than winning the tourney - top5 is almost as good.

Is that something that we do? I mean, it makes sense to work together to get these new covers.... So what can I do to help?
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    Falcon is my new A team character....been waiting for someone like him ..... patch approves..
  • See.. the last event with punisher covers I did well in cause so many people already had maxed out punishers and barely cared .

This time the season 1 is in effect, meaning even the people who have maxed out covers will still go at it strong. So instead of being able to get two covers i need to push punisher up, others will be winning him and converting him to 500 iso.

/pityparty :p
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just had a battle where only remaining character was Falcon on either team, and a wack of protect tiles for both sides.

Each side doing 1 point of damage per turn.

Good times.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Narkon wrote:

Which makes it even harder for those of us making the 2* to 3* transition to get anything. I would absolutely love to get three Punisher covers (mines sitting on 1/3/4) but the chances of me doing that are remote.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    I have no idea how falcon works, fought battle angel and she got her green storm off then falcon starting making protect tiles and birds were flying everywhere in between each turn and countdown tiles were happening, not sure if they were converting their own tiles...

I guess the enemy made protect tiles and mine started converting them. Only thing that makes sense. Falcon does not go well with patch and cmags thats for sure.

Conclusion: Too much nature and chirpy sounds.

Once you get enough blue, patch and cmags works just fine with falcon. Once the bird flies, use cmags blue to eliminate the countdown tile (ideally with a match-5 to maintain blue), and you're already two enemy strike tiles down. If you clean up some purple first to bunch enemy tiles on a purple match, you can get a rage off leaving only 0-2 strike tiles for the AI to work with immediately after launching. I've cleaned up the board completely a few times already. Didn't even need Cmags' red after that.