Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• I'll probably start placing in this event once i level my 2* characters that can pass my A Wolvie that is stuck at level 53. Then I can decide who can pair up with Falcon so I dont get my butt handed to me so I can place well icon_razz.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    After playing the pvp to get the 300 progression this morning, I am now convinced that high level Falcon will suck to play against. I played him with characters that have active tiles and when you match yellow, things get mean. In a matter of turns you can effectively nullify just about any threat or just wipe them out.

Human Torch, Black Panther, Steve!, Spider-Man, Punisher, Classic Magneto, Psylocke, Patch, ect ect. They all just got a new best friend.
  • After playing the pvp to get the 300 progression this morning, I am now convinced that high level Falcon will suck to play against. I played him with characters that have active tiles and when you match yellow, things get mean. In a matter of turns you can effectively nullify just about any threat or just wipe them out.

Human Torch, Black Panther, Steve!, Spider-Man, Punisher, Classic Magneto, Psylocke, Patch, ect ect. They all just got a new best friend.

Pretty much.

Falcon on his own is defensive at best and can let you pull to a stalemate on his own.

Falcon next to Punisher, Psylocke, Patch, etc., is just plain nasty once you start buffing strike and attack tiles.
  • Narkon wrote:
    A nasty side effect of the Season event and the rewards is offers is that players with maxed featured heroes will want to place high in all tournaments, so the competition will be fierce even if it wasn't the Falcon cover at 1100. MPQ is becoming more and more hardcore as we keep playing. icon_e_smile.gif

Yep. I do like the idea of the season, but at the same time, grinding out points in events you don't need rewards from isn't super exciting. The game is definitely moving to a wierd place where you grind out events you don't need anything from other than points.
  • After playing the pvp to get the 300 progression this morning, I am now convinced that high level Falcon will suck to play against. I played him with characters that have active tiles and when you match yellow, things get mean. In a matter of turns you can effectively nullify just about any threat or just wipe them out.

I guess it makes sense that Falcon's job is to be everyone's...wingman.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Somewhere, Horatio Caine is pissed that he didn't get to deliver that line.
  • Somewhere, Horatio Caine is pissed that he didn't get to deliver that line.

LOL ... I can imagine him saying this while putting on his sunglasses.
  • ungassis wrote:
    Somewhere, Horatio Caine is pissed that he didn't get to deliver that line.

LOL ... I can imagine him saying this while putting on his sunglasses.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Like the rest of you I'll be shooting for that 1100 point mark but I do find it difficult to hit it without shielding which I try not to use. Can usually hit the 900 but that last couple hundred always seem to elude me
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for all those points, Emeryt icon_e_smile.gif
    Although there sadly is no way to reach 1100 right now, there's no juicy targets yet icon_e_sad.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Me: Lvl 23 Falcon blue and purple, lvl 141 Patch 3/5/5, lvl 100 L.Cap 3/5/5

Them:Lvl 23 Falcon yellow and blue, lvl 85 OBW 4/5/4, lvl 40 M. Storm 5/5/3

I got 2 moves when mega cascade went into storm cascade, i got a few more turns, then OBW goes off with Recon, then another Storm cascade, then just ****. I got stuck in an endless cylce that ate over 10K in hp. icon_cry.gif
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

I got 2 moves when mega cascade went into storm cascade, i got a few more turns, then OBW goes off with Recon, then another Storm cascade, then just ****. I got stuck in an endless cylce that ate over 10K in hp. icon_cry.gif

They mocked me when I said that with my 103/103/102 A-team I will fight most level 141 teams but I will skip any OBW/mStorm team that doesn't give at least 25 points. IT'S NOT WORTH IT PEOPLE
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JayPhenix wrote:
    Like the rest of you I'll be shooting for that 1100 point mark but I do find it difficult to hit it without shielding which I try not to use. Can usually hit the 900 but that last couple hundred always seem to elude me

save your hp, falcon will be the next reward on the next event, the Hp you save you can use to buy an extra cover if you want.
  • gamar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

They mocked me when I said that with my 103/103/102 A-team I will fight most level 141 teams but I will skip any OBW/mStorm team that doesn't give at least 25 points. IT'S NOT WORTH IT PEOPLE

It's on the desert node, what could possibly go wrong?
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This pvp is weird.. I lost many times to 2* maxed rosters.. Tried different line up.. Shieldbro.. Pun..falcon was fun but i took too much damage to make a run.. Mag/patch is efficient but this is basically a 2-team.. It seems that if i want to make a push i m gonna be forced to use little ol' tactics: spidey/ Pun/ falcon.. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since this was going nowhere fast tonight, I did a Ghast and tanked down from 850 to 80.
    Sadly didn't see too many names I recognised.

I will enjoy hitting all those retals on the MStorm/**** rest teams and give them a taste how it's like to lose 40 points when you're scratching 900 icon_twisted.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    This pvp is weird.. I lost many times to 2* maxed rosters.. Tried different line up.. Shieldbro.. Pun..falcon was fun but i took too much damage to make a run.. Mag/patch is efficient but this is basically a 2-team.. It seems that if i want to make a push i m gonna be forced to use little ol' tactics: spidey/ Pun/ falcon.. icon_e_sad.gif

I feel like I may be forced (see: encouraged) to use Spiderman and Punisher with borrowed Falcon as well. 330 strength protect tiles will be fun for the opponent to deal with.

My falcon has 1 blue and 2 purple...the loaner with just yellow is better for what I want to do.
  • Impulse wrote:
    After playing the pvp to get the 300 progression this morning, I am now convinced that high level Falcon will suck to play against. I played him with characters that have active tiles and when you match yellow, things get mean. In a matter of turns you can effectively nullify just about any threat or just wipe them out.

I guess it makes sense that Falcon's job is to be everyone's...wingman.

I need to start calling falcon, goose now.
  • i have no idea who to use with Falcon's inspiration. Maybe my M Storm and Astonishing Wolverine (my only wolverine dont have patch yet) or A WOlverine with Iron Man). Thats all I can do with Falcon's support for now. Torch is my other option with any of the above but he's not in the 50s like the other three
  • The attacks just started. I climbed up to 950. So far lost 3, won 2.

I'm running max Punisher + OBW when there's OBW in the enemy team, otherwise it's Pun + Mr Rogers at lvl132 (and growing). Might consider switching to Patch lvl110 + max Hulk just for the sake of good defence.