Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    locked wrote:
    yo hypocrites! if you're pushing to 1300+ like everyone else, at least have the decency to hit on shielded players
    How do we know if someone is shielded or not?
    Of course I meant kyip. personally found him when I was at 800 points (!). Then lost him, but not for long. Hit him like 20 times myself - maybe more, since everyone else hit me too (thanks, XarXar, I will return the favour). Didn't hit anyone else soon after hitting 1000+ because I could always find kyip in 1-2 skips.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    locked wrote:
    yo hypocrites! if you're pushing to 1300+ like everyone else, at least have the decency to hit on shielded players
    How do we know if someone is shielded or not?
    Of course I meant kyip. personally found him when I was at 800 points (!). Then lost him, but not for long. Hit him like 20 times myself - maybe more, since everyone else hit me too (thanks, XarXar, I will return the favour). Didn't hit anyone else because I could always find kyip in 1-2 skips.
    OK thanks for clarifying. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    So sad, I've finally lost Kyip; couldn't find him after about 10 skips so I'll just assume that means they fixed him. Bit of a shame this happened in the first pvp season
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    hamsingame wrote:
    So sad, I've finally lost Kyip; couldn't find him after about 10 skips so I'll just assume that means they fixed him. Bit of a shame this happened in the first pvp season

I can't seem to find him anymore either.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe Kyip has gone past 2000 and is now invisible to everyone but those 1900 above? XD
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    hamsingame wrote:

Which means I hope, that you can finally go to sleep - and that I can shield hop off you!
  • Nor me - just vanished in last 10 minutes. Oh well, had my money's worth out of him, 1744 on the board & some 1900 players queued if I want. Assuming pretty much everyone up there will be shielded now except for the odd hop.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    You're probably going to get more skips running Hood at 1400+. That 2* is a big fat target and the level 23 Falcon next to her is not helping.

I upgrade from a 3-hour to an 8-hour in 20 minutes and then I am shielded until closing time.
    Thanks for the tip, while I adore running the Hood alongside Punisher, that's a bit too slow for my liking. And people can still lose to oBW cascades, so whatever. Got a few def wins while climbing. (Just look at Kyip lol. Pretty sure if he ran Spider-Man instead of oBW, he wouldn't have got def wins.)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, forget kyip, I can't even find any of the shield guys anymore either. Spent a few hundred ISO skipping, and only a half dozen people worth like 14 points are showing up.

Put up a shield, so hit me if you see me
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Also shielded, you see hams you hit hams!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    hamsingame wrote:

Which means I hope, that you can finally go to sleep - and that I can shield hop off you!

Hah go for it, I put up the 8 hour shield to the end.
  • Good that I saved Kyip in node for lated before shielding. Just hit Him and now spend about 250 ISO skipping, but He's gone. Shielded till the end, hope it will be enough for X-Force.
  • hamsingame wrote:

Coukdnt find.him.either. just kept getting scores.like.nemek that were all slightly less points and one guy with 2 141 at 1870 or so. Maybe he took over for him? Anyway, was getting nagged irl so I just popped my 8 hr instead of trying any more fights. Hopefully a dot under 18 is good enough...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This PvP event needs to be scrubbed from fhe Season 1 standings now.

Also any HP spent on shields should be refunded out of courtesy. I got to just under 1000 yesterday and due to sleep and work shielded for 24 hours, usually that would be goox enough for top 5 and certainly top 10. I work in a poor signal warehouse that prevents 3G so cant check my placement let alone play and I feel it is unfair that a select that have abused a glitch at a certain time should be able to bump me down the rankings and miss out on potential rewards.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Yikes. I wonder if Kyip got sandboxed since he vanished like that.

This is the most top progressions I've seen passed out since the double shot they introduced shields.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reading through this and all I can think is man - I wish I could just get to 800 even!

I feel like no matter what I do, I can't seem to get past 800 without getting smacked down while climbing.....finally gave in shielding at 735. I don't think I'm getting both Punisher covers with that score...

I feel like this season mode is going to really mess with players like me - good enough to get close to the top with 2* players, but 3* just not strong enough quite yet. I used to be able to get top 10 finishes sometimes, but not lately....

I think I need a new strategy....
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to get in a few more hits on Kyip and I've put up my shield to the end.

Just in time, too, by the sound of it.
  • Shouldn't have pushed over 1400 now that the shielded guys are gone, got instantly bashed down. I wonder how high the **** progression will be next tourney, last time this happened they pushed it to 2k+ for weeks I think.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    This PvP event needs to be scrubbed from fhe Season 1 standings now.

Also any HP spent on shields should be refunded out of courtesy. I got to just under 1000 yesterday and due to sleep and work shielded for 24 hours, usually that would be goox enough for top 5 and certainly top 10. I work in a poor signal warehouse that prevents 3G so cant check my placement let alone play and I feel it is unfair that a select that have abused a glitch at a certain time should be able to bump me down the rankings and miss out on potential rewards.

I understand the anger, but they cannot really do that. The "not a glitch" was prevalent for at least 18 hrs. That's good enough for anyone to have a crack at it. They should do something...but removing the scoring is not the answer. Maybe put some high lvl bots in the next one? I don't know. It's not easy to think of what is even really possible. One option is to make, say 1300-1500 the max points you can earn from this event towards the season and refund shields to ppl would shielded beyond that point? That's about as fair as I can think of....other than just "tough cookies"
  • rbdragon wrote:
    Reading through this and all I can think is man - I wish I could just get to 800 even!

I feel like no matter what I do, I can't seem to get past 800 without getting smacked down while climbing.....finally gave in shielding at 735. I don't think I'm getting both Punisher covers with that score...

I feel like this season mode is going to really mess with players like me - good enough to get close to the top with 2* players, but 3* just not strong enough quite yet. I used to be able to get top 10 finishes sometimes, but not lately....

I think I need a new strategy....
    I ran into the same thing at 600. Finally threw up a 3 hour shield. Then I selected some juicy targets and broke early. That let me push for top 10 at 900. Then I put up a 24 hour shield, and again selected good targets and broke early. I'm sitting in second with 1100+ and an 8 hour shield that I hope I won't have to break in the morning. I want those Punisher covers and if I get them both I'll be one away from maxing him!