Top Gun: Apr 28 - 30 Falcon PVP

Options

Comments

• And here I thought I was the only guy seeing this Kyip fellow. I'd been wondering what on earth was going on.

Also: Dammit, EmeryT! For 15 bright, shining minutes I thought I was going to take my first top prize icon_razz.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    No, you don't sound high horse, Chimaera. Hm, I haven't thought of the 3* cover at 1100. But hopefully no restrictive action will be taken because of a glitch, a glitch =/= tendency.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had shield in 1st at 1355 points earlier. About 200 above 2nd. That guy must really want 1st though. He was shielded too, now has overtaken me, by one point exactly, lol. 1356. So, now, I'm in second. Guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

Again, I put on a shield, and still covered. Looks like several have spotted me and decided to hit dat. So, if you see me...hit away. Covered until the end. Maybe a retreat or two wouldn't be too bad.

My team in there is a 115 HT 5/0/5, 85 OBW and Falcon of course.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Going to sound a little high horse but I have enough standards not to abuse a glitch for personal gain, but there is definitely a contingent to player who will win at any cost. I know nothing I will say will change that but I fear the potential repercussions from their actions, I can only pity them for the inevitable situation.

Understand that I am not complaining or taking a holier than thou stance, I am just observing reality and it worries me.

I bet the same people to drove the points up to the moon will complain if D3 cranks the 1100 cover up to 1400 again and we cannot actually claim it anymore without this freak shield accident.

Hopefully D3 does not do that. Too bad this will have lasting effects on season 1. An inky blemish if you will.

I am pretty dissapointed that this is happening during the third event of month long PvP anyone who doesnt take advantage of the kyip effect is really going to be left out in the cold. The point inflation is getting pretty redic shield has multiple members at 1700 ****.
  • daveomite
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    we are now MORTAL ENEMIES. your children will suffer for this, and your childrens' children

That is classic....love it. Sorry for your pain, was there earlier today. Nice snappy comeback though, lol
  • I made another climb, but kept on getting attacked at 1250. Put on a shield and obviously a couple of mins later I was hit for -40pts, which shield didn't defended.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I made another climb, but kept on getting attacked at 1250. Put on a shield and obviously a couple of mins later I was hit for -40pts, which shield didn't defended.

wait...you had the shield and lost points? I know I've been hit no less than 20 times in the last couple of hours, while shielded, fortunately, I did not lose any points.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    I made another climb, but kept on getting attacked at 1250. Put on a shield and obviously a couple of mins later I was hit for -40pts, which shield didn't defended.

wait...you had the shield and lost points? I know I've been hit no less than 20 times in the last couple of hours, while shielded, fortunately, I did not lose any points.
    Yep, it happens sometimes, both on mobile and Steam from what I heard. Probably due to some lag. Though it should not happen at all.
  • daveomite
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Going to sound a little high horse but I have enough standards not to abuse a glitch for personal gain, but there is definitely a contingent to player who will win at any cost. I know nothing I will say will change that but I fear the potential repercussions from their actions, I can only pity them for the inevitable situation.

Understand that I am not complaining or taking a holier than thou stance, I am just observing reality and it worries me.

I bet the same people to drove the points up to the moon will complain if D3 cranks the 1100 cover up to 1400 again and we cannot actually claim it anymore without this freak shield accident.

Hopefully D3 does not do that. Too bad this will have lasting effects on season 1. An inky blemish if you will.

I am pretty dissapointed that this is happening during the third event of month long PvP anyone who doesnt take advantage of the kyip effect is really going to be left out in the cold. The point inflation is getting pretty redic shield has multiple members at 1700 ****.

I do agree it's a screwed up mechanic. Like I said earlier, I know some people will abuse it and keep trying to break 2k, then 3k...next thing you know, progressions go back up AFTER they fix the shielding issue.

In my current shielded position, I'm more than ok for any of you to hit and collect to reach the progressions, but you know as well as I do that it really only takes one person to really punk the system and go crazy with it and completely change our progressions in the next pvp, etc.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Yep, it happens sometimes, both on mobile and Steam from what I heard. Probably due to some lag. Though it should not happen at all.

well....wow. sorry to hear, waste of the damn shield for you.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I'm fine with this one. But imagine it happening near the end of the tourney - You unshield, win 1 fight to comfortably win the bracket, shield again and the leave MPQ for a couple of mins, just to see points drop when You go back, which put You at #2 again. Waste of resources.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Forgot to add, pretty sure the shielding thing is definitely affecting overall season 1 placements. When the day started, I was in 8th. I climbed in top gun, shielded, I was in 6th. Now, Back in 8th again. So, guessing someone is having some fun with a pinata out there.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Forgot to add, pretty sure the shielding thing is definitely affecting overall season 1 placements. When the day started, I was in 8th. I climbed in top gun, shielded, I was in 6th. Now, Back in 8th again. So, guessing someone is having some fun with a pinata out there.

I doubt it'll last more than this one event, though.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I'm fine with this one. But imagine it happening near the end of the tourney - You unshield, win 1 fight to comfortably win the bracket, shield again and the leave MPQ for a couple of mins, just to see points drop when You go back, which put You at #2 again. Waste of resources.

Exactly. At least you still have TIME to recoup it. Towards the chaos at the end of tourney, all kinds of hits happening, much harder to sustain in just the few scant seconds it takes to put shields on.
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

I doubt it'll last more than this one event, though.

certainly will be interesting to see what happens. Always a party somewhere I guess.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Yeah i agree it is giving this one event an unfair weighted advantaged for the overall month.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kyips probably going to win his bracket and at the same time, we must be helping him tank his MMR down to zero :O

ps.. ok hands up - who's giving him defensive wins?
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Yeah i agree it is giving this one event an unfair weighted advantaged for the overall month.

just imagine if it continues for the 20 days of this event. We'd have someone out there with astronomical numbers in our respective brackets for events and the rest of us forced to use the system to catch up. Talk about losing sleep towards the end, lol

Edited to replace out with our. My damn phones spell check sucks.

And...edited yet again, lovely.
  • Well I got the perfect timing for a def victory. Unshielded (had to..2 min.left k. Shield) fought 3 matches, thought to push a 4th but came back from third match to a +1 and thought..no..better not. Within a min or two I was hit by about 6-7 forumgoers. Why do you attack me so? Kyip still has about 50 pts more than me! Unless you plan to lose to me, plz refrain from attacking me while I am unshielded plz. Thanks guys lol.

I will be channeling my best Grumpy impersonation if I wake up tomorrow to 2nd place. I need that yellow xforce for my 2nd xforce build..so you know..I can have them fight eachother...or..something.
  • Pushing up that high, and nobody was close at first...I assume he dropped a 24hr shield to take him through the event. I kinda wonder if Anybody.will.do.the same @1700+. I only.dropped a 3hr, so I will be pushing up with 1-2 matches between my next 2-3 shields and should get to 1700. Of course, while either its kind or his team is weak, its not in anybody else's best interest to throw in an easy fight otherwise ppl will pass them. Fine for trying to leapfrog to the required points for everyone to get 4****, not so helpful when.you are already past that point and trying to hold onto first/high score for season.

aaand I just now see you in my season 1 bracket. ****! lol And here I thought I was safe shielded at 1318 points... Maybe I should try and hit the pinata again.. lol