Scaling Tied To S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks!  This seems like a good first stab at something that will help players have more options to control how hard they want to grind in PVE.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ursopro said:

Come on man, I'm a 3* player that often ends up in top5 every PvE because I put up the time to end there. Sure, 4* and 5* players can still clear faster than me but they still have to spend some time doing it so the difference between clears is not that big, 15 minutes tops.

Is this true?  I was under the impression that it takes the high end 5* players longer to complete the nodes because their scaling is off the charts.  Hence the softcapping.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wait, veterans are getting an advantage in pve for their dedication/time spent playing? Usually we get nerfed. I honestly don't know what to say, I have been asking for static levels for years and we actually got it.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks for this test and potential change! I enjoy PvP since it doesn't require a big time commitment. Looks like this can make pve equally less time consuming and tedious.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dauthi said:
    Wait, veterans are getting an advantage in pve for their dedication/time spent playing? Usually we get nerfed. I honestly don't know what to say, I have been asking for static levels for years and we actually got it.

If they are gonna hand out advantages then don't make it a competition and remove placement rewards, easy.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ursopro said:

Come on man, I'm a 3* player that often ends up in top5 every PvE because I put up the time to end there. Sure, 4* and 5* players can still clear faster than me but they still have to spend some time doing it so the difference between clears is not that big, 15 minutes tops.

Is this true?  I was under the impression that it takes the high end 5* players longer to complete the nodes because their scaling is off the charts.  Hence the softcapping.

I have several 5* non softcapped players in my alliance and besides the "overscaled DA" complains, I know for a fact they can clear faster by several minutes since we end up in the same bracket a lot of times.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi said:
    It isn't as linear as veterans getting an advantage though, a veteran who has had **** luck with 5*s is just as out of luck as anyone else.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ursopro said:
    ursopro said:

I have several 5* non softcapped players in my alliance and besides the "overscaled DA" complains, I know for a fact they can clear faster by several minutes since we end up in the same bracket a lot of times.
    There are other variables than just 5* roster vs soft cap roster to determine speed in pve clears.

Maybe they use boosts more. Maybe they play more strategically. Maybe your team composition isn't speed oriented. Etc.

There is a pure 4* roster that is always super fast in S5.Cl8 that always takes first and is badass over the rest of us 5* rosters.  Can't call out names but I've heard he does have an infectious yawn.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On the surface cl8 now looks good for 5* players & **** for everyone else.  What an awful follow up to last weeks horrible changes.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I can definitely understand your concerns, and it's great feedback to compile. Please understand that this is merely a trial run, and these numbers are not necessarily permanent. The development team will be reviewing all the results of the event, and adjusting details as necessary. Thanks!

We've seen these trial runs and they always end up being worse, despite our feedback (e.g. vaulting, Heroes 4 Hire). Now my scaling will be more difficult for the same rewards.. can they please give us something positive for 2017?
  • mmwr1964
    mmwr1964 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My SR is 78 and until this test I always played in CL8.  It was manageable and while I am not a "better person" than anyone else, it just kind of seemed fairer to the SRs that have to play in CL7.

However, with this test/change I will play at CL7.  Otherwise I'll spending more time healing than playing and won't get the clears I need for progression rewards.  

@Brigby
    Did the Devs even consider putting in a SR floor?  A limit to how many levels down a player can drop to avoid whales just crushing the weaker rosters?
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I started playing CL8 more due to the increase in rewards, and with this change, I'm going back to CL7. With current scaling, my hardest node tops out at 320. I don't need it to be harder considering how I only have a few 4* champs. I really hope the devs revaluate the scaling based on people's actual rosters given what shield rank range is intended for each SCL.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mmwr1964 said:

@Brigby
    Did the Devs even consider putting in a SR floor?  A limit to how many levels down a player can drop to avoid whales just crushing the weaker rosters?
    I mean... there is a limit on what resources are actually useful.

with a whale roster you can crush the current limit of SLC7 pretty easily.
    i mean you could go down and go even faster but you get less rewards going down.

Aside from screwing around and trying to block new players from placing high I can't see any good reason to be a lot lower than you need to be. thus there isn't any good reason to have a limit on how many levels down you can go.

I mean the first few SCL levels are pretty pathetic in rewards even for those that are competing in them.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

My hardest node now already has L398 foes, so seeing L400 doesn't seem like it's going to be any different.

>shrug<

It's too bad the rewards between SCL aren't scaling along with the enemies, SCL8 would rock!

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This test is good for the lower class and higher class. Everyone else in the middle gets screwed. It's amazing that the people in 5* land are the ones that complain about scaling but yet they are first ones to finish clearing all nodes 4×. So let's make small amount of people that are in 5* land happy and make the larger group of players mad. Makes no sense!  :/