Scaling Tied To S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So... With this change I can take thanos for a spin in scl1 and be done with pve in less than 20 minutes?
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    deadtaco said:
    Brigby

My max enemies now are around 316, so if I do SCL8 for this event they will go to 400?  Why is 8 so much higher?

The leap from 6 to 7 isn't much but from 7 to 8 is massive.
    @deadtaco
    Only the Hardest mission will have the max potential to go up to 400. This also depends on the node's starting difficulty though, since starting mission difficulty can be any number within the range listed on the chart. This is something in particular the development team will watch for feedback on.
    @Brigby

Thanks for letting me know.  360 is still significantly higher than what I usually see.  Will the dev team take note of how many people just drop to SCL7 to avoid this?

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nyck1118 said:
    Im gonna go CL8 and just win by default.  no one will be in there.
    I'll be there with you.  A level 400 node would be a decrease from my hardest node at the moment.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    the problem is that have a max level of 400 in SCL8 will cause more players to play SCL7 than normal. This will throw off the numbers is give the devs a false return. It would be a better test to max opponent levels at 300, which will allow players to play SCL8 that would normally.
    While I agree this is 100% true, that doesn't mean either of us is definitely right.   

I don't particular see an issue with them testing this way and seeing if that's actually true.  In theory if players expect everyone to jump to CL7, some may hang back in 8 just assuming the brackets will be lighter than normal. Game theory and whatnot.  

Also keep in mind plenty of CL8 players already drop to CL7 (and even 6), so one would have to weigh what's 'significant' in the number of players that dropped.  Is it 5% extra?  30% extra?   Hard to say really.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This doesn't *seem* like a big change for me.  I already chose to go to SCL 7 since it's a small difference in ease of placement, and levels seem about the same.  I guess we'll see what actually happens.

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options

Have they thought through alliance scoring ?  Anything preventing me from noobstomping a SCL1 bracket cause I only have 20 minutes to devote to PvE some event but want an insane score for alliance mercing ?  

SCL3 or 4 might still be a one turn win...

Its a guarantee I do this at least once, if just to test it out.

Remember that your personal alliance rewards are based on your chosen clearance level, too.  So you'd be helping out the other players in your alliance, but not necessarily benefitting yourself.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've got 24 or so 4* champs at Shield Rank 95.  But, my max enemies in the Hunt are around 320.  If the Deadpool vs MPQ is roughly the same, doing CL7, which I should be able to clear exponentially faster than CL8, simply makes sense.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

The problem with this is that PVE still has placement as well as progression.

If PVE was just progression (ie player vs enemies and not other players...) then a harder capped CL8 would make sense.  You want the harder prog rewards you work for it.

Want a slightly easier route drop to CL7 but you don't get the same rewards and so on down the chain.

Instead placement is still a big part of PVE which then means soft cappers, 5* clearing lower CLs for higher placement etc comes into play and most of the complaints above are about speed and difficulty affecting placement.

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I can definitely understand your concerns, and it's great feedback to compile. Please understand that this is merely a trial run, and these numbers are not necessarily permanent. The development team will be reviewing all the results of the event, and adjusting details as necessary. Thanks!
    @Brigby
    the problem is that have a max level of 400 in SCL8 will cause more players to play SCL7 than normal. This will throw off the numbers is give the devs a false return. It would be a better test to max opponent levels at 300, which will allow players to play SCL8 that would normally.
    He's 100% right you know. I wont touch CL8 at these numbers...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    For everyone complaining that they can't beat 400 level opponents...you may not even see them unless your scaling starts maxed out.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sounds great but rewards need to be adjusted scl8 should give multiple 4 star covers or even a five star cover to make up for difference
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Without a doubt a net loss in resources for me personally, but I'm still a big fan of this change, step in the right direction and possibly quite humorous results.  This is a great example of providing a choice to spend less time but not get completely screwed on rewards...   Just fix the MMR next and I'll happily level my 5*s
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Throw us a bone here. Where's the carrot for testing this for you? Eh?
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Ducky

The word is that scaling is static
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    deadtaco said:
    @Ducky

Static in the sense that it can only go within a set of level parameters. The chart proves this by giving a range of starting levels. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    deadtaco said:
    @Ducky

Well there's still a level range there, from 260-300. So it will scale within that range. I'm not saying we should all be happy about level 360 enemies either.

I'm going to go ahead and estimate that a level 360-400 Moonstone will have around 40k health.