Scaling Tied To S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    SCl1 - 30
    SCl2 - 55 (+25)
    SCl3 - 84 (+29)
    SCl4 - 140 (+56)
    SCl5 - 180 (+40)
    SCl6 - 230 (+50)
    SCl7 - 260 (+30)
    SCl8 - 400 (+140)

I fear to see SCL9 now. Why not +40-50 for SCL8 and release this alongside SCL9???
    It could be their plan is that when SCL 9 comes out they'll back off some on SCL 8 back to that and have a big jump between 8 & 9.  At least I hope, if not this is really stupid.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options

bahahaa 

Careful what you wish for ;)

A level 47 would get crucified by level 400 anything, might as well drop the minimum level requirements, they aren't going to be what bounds this, and honestly any sub level 47 that can cut it in this new SCL8 deserves the rewards.

Big step back in terms of rewards for me personally...  I'm only SCL 84? no chance my handful of 4*s are going to hack it, and if they can they certainly aren't going to place anywhere near as high as they used to....  

The gap between level 47 and level 125 is massive enough to warrant at least one more bracket, regardless of how filled they get (its not like they're renting space for these brackets at some local gym, more wont cost them anything) 

If this is the direction, I'd love to be able to level my partially covered 5*s, but with the current state of the MMR this will screw me in PvP...   any chance MMR tweaks is anywhere on the horizon (or better yet forget matching based on roster and do it all based on score)

I only have a handful of 4*, but I am sure I could do level 400 stuff without a huge issue. it would just be a long grind and need to use some health packs.

that being said. even if I could easily take down level 400 enemies, why would I bother with the extra time and energy for a trivial increase in rewards compared to killing a bunch of level 260 enemies in far less time?

Quite frankly I am happy where the SCL7 enemies cap right now, but SCL8 should be capping at around 325 or so.

I fully expect though their solution will be to increase the cap on everything but SCL8 so that 7 ends up going to like 350 so that anyone without some decent 4* characters will likely have to drop down to 6 or even lower.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options

Where did this come from? I would assume other things need addressing before that, IE Vaulting and why CP was backlogged in PVE.

So now we have to complete mode nodes clears, at harder event levels to get the same ( arguably less as I say that because I use to be able to get 10CP relatively pain-free) rewards as before?? oh sorry we are given an extra couple hundred ISO for our troubles, smh.... This baffles me......

They've talked about it long ago and it addresses many complaints of players.  With this, you could be a 2* player having a high 5* and your scaling wouldn't be penalized for it.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zulux21 said:

hopefully scl7 gets flooded with this test because it just seems stupid to play scl8 with the current scaling.

I haven't play in scl7 since I got to scl8 and I can guarantee I'll be going back down for this event.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This will be a +1 for those saying that we won't be getting SCL9/10 anytime because SCL8 isn't full enough yet.
    Agreed. My gut reaction is that this test will cause a lot of migration from CL8 to CL7, myself included most likely. I only have champed 4*s and where my lvls used to top out at 322 I now get to fight lvl 400? Yeah, no thanks!

Sorry for sounding negative without having even tried this, but it feels like this is more of a step back than a step forward. Please reconsider... pretty please? o:)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What worries me is the trial run part
    It will run once, most will love it, then it will disappear for a month only to return with major changes
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Seems like a good change for those with mature rosters.  Softcappers will never get 1st place again
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

Have they thought through alliance scoring ?  Anything preventing me from noobstomping a SCL1 bracket cause I only have 20 minutes to devote to PvE some event but want an insane score for alliance mercing ?  

SCL3 or 4 might still be a one turn win...

Its a guarantee I do this at least once, if just to test it out.

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woohoo!

I'ma wreck cl7. 

Great change D3!

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby

My max enemies now are around 316, so if I do SCL8 for this event they will go to 400?  Why is 8 so much higher?

The leap from 6 to 7 isn't much but from 7 to 8 is massive.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    currently my scaling is such that enemies max out around level 465, so this is a welcome change... I think (if I understand it correctly)
    465 is just brutal in PVE sometimes matches take 10-15 minutes each and is incredibly draining, especial vs daken and bullseye , if this works as it's intended too it could shave hours off of my time spend in pve 

NICE!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least it's not Venom Bomb?
  • MissChinch
    Options

lol this should come with a splash screen warning SCL7 players to prep themselves for level 550 champs to come obliterate their bracket...  

SCL8 being too tough for my roster at level 84ish isn't even going to be the issue, its gonna be whales destroying the exact same nodes I'm trying to clear in SCL7...  still at least this is exciting...

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    deadtaco said:
    Brigby

My max enemies now are around 316, so if I do SCL8 for this event they will go to 400?  Why is 8 so much higher?

The leap from 6 to 7 isn't much but from 7 to 8 is massive.
    @deadtaco
    Only the Hardest mission will have the max potential to go up to 400. This also depends on the node's starting difficulty though, since starting mission difficulty can be any number within the range listed on the chart. This is something in particular the development team will watch for feedback on.
  • MissChinch
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I can definitely understand your concerns, and it's great feedback to compile. Please understand that this is merely a trial run, and these numbers are not necessarily permanent. The development team will be reviewing all the results of the event, and adjusting details as necessary. Thanks!
    @Brigby
    the problem is that have a max level of 400 in SCL8 will cause more players to play SCL7 than normal. This will throw off the numbers is give the devs a false return. It would be a better test to max opponent levels at 300, which will allow players to play SCL8 that would normally.

ehhh I think the problem is gonna be seen at whatever bracket a team of 550 champ 5*s can finish each fight in one turn...  

If I was a player currently dealing with level 400+ enemies and a path to nearly similar rewards just opened up guaranteeing I see mostly sub 200 enemies (scl7) then I'm either gonna demolish that, or I'm gonna demolish the lowest SCL that still gives me max CP for progression and effectively cut out HOURS of pve time.

I'm definitely not a 5* player, but I'm kinda interested in seeing what happens when they're unleashed on the rest of us now.