Scaling Tied To S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This test is good for the lower class and higher class. Everyone else in the middle gets screwed. It's amazing that the people in 5* land are the ones that complain about scaling but yet they are first ones to finish clearing all nodes 4×. So let's make small amount of people that are in 5* land happy and make the larger group of players mad. Makes no sense!  :/
    Nothing they've done this year has made sense.  This is just another bad decision in a long streak of them.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I don't understand is Shield Rank 47 qualifies for SCL8, yet that roster would not be able to compete against 200-400 enemies... Time to start over, instead of adding onto something you did not fully plan out in the first place. I agree with everyone that suggested SCL9 and 10 be released along with this major change
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ursopro said:
    Dauthi said:
    Wait, veterans are getting an advantage in pve for their dedication/time spent playing? Usually we get nerfed. I honestly don't know what to say, I have been asking for static levels for years and we actually got it.

If they are gonna hand out advantages then don't make it a competition and remove placement rewards, easy.

I should correct myself, it isn't so much an advantage to veterans so much as taking away an advantage soft cappers/lowbies had on veterans since the implementation of scaling to roster (in the way they currently do). In any game you could point out how ridiculous it would be to get stronger yet not have that reflect on how well you can do in a competition with other players because you get handicapped. That isn't a competition at all.

In any case, I have pushed your idea also because I don't like competitive PVE (it is almost a contradiction). Either way, players should be winning prizes relevant to their progress otherwise progress is jumbled across the board.

It just seems like there's 1 or 2 levels missing between SCL 7 and 8. It's almost like you're trying out SCL 10 levels for SCL 8 players in this trial.
    I hope this is the case. I can see why they would group strong 4* and 5* rosters together since they are probably a really small population. However the gap between 5*s and 4*s is enormous and it isn't very fair to lump them together.

If they could find a transition from 4* to 5* this would seem more acceptable.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    May be obvious but this is likely the breakup of scl compared to your roster progress

SCL 1:  30 - building up 1*
    SCL 2:  55 - 1* maxed (40-50), building up 2* (<94)
    SCL 3:  84 - 2* championed (94+), building up 3* (<166)
    SCL 4: 140 - 2* maxed (144), 3* championed (166+)
    SCL 5: 180 - 3* championed (166-266), building up 4* (<270)
    SCL 6: 230 - 3* maxed (266), 4* championed (270+)
    SCL 7: 260 - 4* championed (270+), building up 5* (255+)
    SCL 8: 400 - 4* championed (270-370), 5* championed (450+)

Having boosted characters means you may be able to keep up with the scaling within your SCL
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shield Rank 54 here.
    Currently, my hardest node (GSBW,Fury, PX) is sitting at levels 267 after 4 clears. This would absolutely force me back to SC7, where I would not be facing against 5* players clearing in <1 hour. Can't say I'm a fan of the change.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If this stands I'm out. I can't hack it with level 400 fights with my roster at SCL 89 and couple that with the wretched decision to force us to do 5 clears to get max cp......I'm just done. Games are supposed to be fun not a second job you hate.

I will not be playing this event.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shield Rank 54 here.
    Currently, my hardest node (GSBW,Fury, PX) is sitting at levels 267 after 4 clears. This would absolutely force me back to SC7, where I would not be facing against 5* players clearing in <1 hour. Can't say I'm a fan of the change.
    Actually, SCL7 is most definitely going to see 5* players dropping down too, given the small differences in rewards, why wouldn't they take the 30 min clears of SCL7 instead.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Pongie said:
    May be obvious but this is likely the breakup of scl compared to your roster progress

SCL 1:  30 - building up 1*
    SCL 2:  55 - 1* maxed (40-50), building up 2* (<94)
    SCL 3:  84 - 2* championed (94+), building up 3* (<166)
    SCL 4: 140 - 2* maxed (144), 3* championed (166+)
    SCL 5: 180 - 3* championed (166-266), building up 4* (<270)
    SCL 6: 230 - 3* maxed (266), 4* championed (270+)
    SCL 7: 260 - 4* championed (270+), building up 5* (255+)
    SCL 8: 400 - 4* championed (270-370), 5* championed (450+)

Having boosted characters means you may be able to keep up with the scaling within your SCL
    There should be a slight correction thanks to vaulting in SCL 8. 

SCL 8: 400 - 4* championed (270-300), 5* championed (450+)

This is what I was alluding to in my other post, but I hope the developers see this. 4* champs are not in competition with 5*s because there will never be overlap thanks to vaulting, while in the other divisions shown there is. I hope they fix it soon.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi said:
    I hope this is the case. I can see why they would group strong 4* and 5* rosters together since they are probably a really small population. However the gap between 5*s and 4*s is enormous and it isn't very fair to lump them together.

If they could find a transition from 4* to 5* this would seem more acceptable.
    Indeed, this new system wouldn't be so bad if the gap between 4* and 5* hasn't always been too wide (although arguably it wouldn't even be needed if the gap hadn't been there since scaling would have also been less idiotic) and once the 5* roster went beyond the first few characters they should have had a more reliable route to progression than rng, hoard for ages or spend a lot of money.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually, for 5* vet players. Latest 12 vault speeds up maxchamped 4* by a significant amount.

For alot of vet rosters, the Latest 12 4* are already surpassing Ice / HB / Peggy etc...

I've won every Peggy cover available since her release and WASP and Spider Woman have already past her at 314.  I won't be surprised at all if max champed 4* become standards in pvp
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Punter1 said:

The problem with this is that PVE still has placement as well as progression.

If PVE was just progression (ie player vs enemies and not other players...) then a harder capped CL8 would make sense.  You want the harder prog rewards you work for it.

Want a slightly easier route drop to CL7 but you don't get the same rewards and so on down the chain.

Instead placement is still a big part of PVE which then means soft cappers, 5* clearing lower CLs for higher placement etc comes into play and most of the complaints above are about speed and difficulty affecting placement.

Totally agree : this change will be perfect if they could rid of the placement factor and give us only PROGRESSION REWARDS. 

Do you want better rewards? Then go fight harder nodes  in scl 8 ( and 9 when it will be released)

But with the actual structure of placement rewards and an insignificant increase of rewards from scl7 to scl8 (only a few iso end cp) why anyone (in a normal state of mind) would choose to fight very strong enemies when he could easily fight weaker ones and get almost the same rewards for a very lesser effort?

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like this but please do something about higher level people dropping into lower brackets and easily taking the very few good placements from those people in the correct clearance level. Having people with 5 five stars in CL5 or CL6 is stupid.
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Crowl said:
    Shield Rank 54 here.
    Actually, SCL7 is most definitely going to see 5* players dropping down too, given the small differences in rewards, why wouldn't they take the 30 min clears of SCL7 instead.
    Sorry, that's what i meant. SC8 will be impossible with the levels, and SC7 will suddenly be a lot harder to place given all the people who will wreck there.