Scaling Tied To S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (5/25/17)

1192021222325»

Comments

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I haven't seen it mentioned: What is the plan for PVE alliance placement scoring? Individual placement will be within a single SCL, but alliances may have members in different SCL's - do points earned in SCL 7 count the same as points earned by players in SCL 8?

I know there's not a huge difference in alliance rewards, but it's something to consider. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, in theory an alliance could troll everyone by all selecting SCL2, breezing through clears and taking the top spot in the alliance ranking.

But then they'd all get SCL2 alliance rewards as well so the joke would be on them.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Starfury said:
    Yeah, in theory an alliance could troll everyone by all selecting SCL2, breezing through clears and taking the top spot in the alliance ranking.

But then they'd all get SCL2 alliance rewards as well so the joke would be on them.

Yes, I was thinking more SCL 7 vs SCL 8 because the rewards are very similar between them. Not any lower than that.

But my admittedly unclear point was that it could become difficult for any alliance to place in the top 10 if all of their members play SCL 8. I was thinking it could lead to sort of a mixed incentive (WRT choosing your SCL) situation, but after taking another look at the individual vs alliance rewards at SCL7 and SCL8, it's probably not an issue. 

Carry on!  

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been a few weeks since we've heard anything on this front, any news @Brigby ?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @fmftint
    I'm afraid I currently don't have any communicable information available, but I'll ping the developers to see if they have any updates.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    My only beef with the test was that my scaling went up about 50-60 levels at scl 8, but was a breeze in scl 7. The disparity between the two SCLs is too much. 

We really need scl 9 or a rework of leveling under the current system.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't wait for this to go live!!! Scaling for my is pretty terrible in PVE. I'm only playing in the hopes that this will go live soon. I wish they pushed this to production before making more changes to PVP (I don't like the PVP changes thus far... hopefully their second run is better!).
  • fmftint
    Brigby said:
    @fmftint
    I'm afraid I currently don't have any communicable information available, but I'll ping the developers to see if they have any updates.
    It's been another 2 weeks,  any news yet?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    Brigby said:
    @fmftint
    This probably needs an @Brigby to get his attention. For some reason the forum doesn't notify you of quote-replies if there isn't the @ name in it.

I too eagerly await any news of where they are on the SCL difficulty change.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nepenthe said:
    fmftint said:
    Brigby said:
    @fmftint
    This probably needs an @Brigby to get his attention. For some reason the forum doesn't notify you of quote-replies if there isn't the @ name in it.

I too eagerly await any news of where they are on the SCL difficulty change.

No need, I got this.

Brigby doesn't have any communicable info right now.
    But when he does, he's sure to post it in the forum!

After Anthony has posted it on Discord.

• fmftint
    Still waiting
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby pls get some info, PVE in 5* land scaling is awful!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I will have to replace F5 on my keyboard.... thanks for the info @Brigby and fingers crossed for a good update soon.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Magic said:
    I think I will have to replace F5 on my keyboard.... thanks for the info @Brigby and fingers crossed for a good update soon.
    @Magic
    Looks like you don't need to press the F5 button any longer: Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update